Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markrogo
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Artie
    $3.86. 15 sunpower x21/345 with solaredge 6000 with power optimizers.
    Location on that Artie?

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

$3.86. 15 sunpower x21/345 with solaredge 6000 with power optimizers.
      Is that before or after fed./local tax credits and other price reductions like employee discounts etc. such as they may be available ?

Folks usually report full retail price and system size in nameplate (D.C.) Watts. It seems to help avoid confusion. If you paid $3.86 before tax credits/rebates for S.P. 345's, you're going to get more than a few P.M.'s.

If after fed. tax credit, $3.86/.7 = $5.51/Watt and more like the usual Sunpower scourge.

Was that price after the $21,000 for 15 - 345's ~= $4.06/Watt as you reported a couple of months ago ? Are you a S.P. dealer/installer ?

Comment

• Browndog
        • Oct 2014

I have 33 solarworld 280 mono modules, with APS micro inverters 9.24 DC, 8.08 AC
        Before incentives I am at $28290 installed on a roof with concrete shingles.$3.14 DC, $3.59 AC
        With the 30 persent federal credit I should be at $20,200. 2.19 DC, $2.50 AC

I did the install with the idea I would own this home forever, I'm looking at retirement in 5-7 years, so hopefully this is a good investment. If nothing else it has been fun. 😎

Comment

• dat
          • Oct 2014

Where are you from?

Comment

• J.P.M.
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Browndog
            I have 33 solarworld 280 mono modules, with APS micro inverters 9.24 DC, 8.08 AC
            Before incentives I am at $28290 installed on a roof with concrete shingles.$3.14 DC, $3.59 AC
            With the 30 persent federal credit I should be at $20,200. 2.19 DC, $2.50 AC

I did the install with the idea I would own this home forever, I'm looking at retirement in 5-7 years, so hopefully this is a good investment. If nothing else it has been fun. 
            I'd bet $3.14/ nameplate Watt is probably cost effective by most criteria given the sweat equity (assuming "I did the install" to mean you did the install yourself) as tuition for the knowledge gained, not to mention the fun - especially given that it'll probably have annual production about the same as most any other system using decent equipment, including S.P.

Comment

• Browndog
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by J.P.M.
              I'd bet $3.14/ nameplate Watt is probably cost effective by most criteria given the sweat equity (assuming "I did the install" to mean you did the install yourself) as tuition for the knowledge gained, not to mention the fun - especially given that it'll probably have annual production about the same as most any other system using decent equipment, including S.P.
              I'm from Las Vegas NV and when I said "I did the install" what I should have said was, when I had it installed. I didn't do anything but write checks. 😎

Solar Universe was my contractor, I have been very happy with them to this point. My system has been in service about 2 months now.

Comment

• solarjmp
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Alisobob
                6.5 Kw Solarworld MONO panels/ Enphase microinveter package
                Lifetime Envoy Monitoring
                Roof repapered under all panel areas, 25 year leak warranty
                8 ga. wire runs to panel, all attic run
                Some roof vents relocated
                Orange County Ca

$3.44 per watt, before tax credit

Alisobob - I can't respond to PM cause of my number of posts yet, but I am in Corona CA.

Comment

• solarjmp
                  • Oct 2014

I will post some of my individual quotes since I can't PM anyone back.

Comment

• solarjmp
                    • Oct 2014

Kyocera 36 - 260W panels $35,257 = $3.77

Comment

• solarjmp
                      • Oct 2014

Sunpower 26 - 327W Panels $40,069 = $4.71

Comment

• solarjmp
                        • Oct 2014

SMX 40 - 250W Panels $40,000 = $4.00

Comment

• solarjmp
                          • Oct 2014

Then I had another company quote me $4.00 for LG or Solarworld for however many panels I wanted, thought this was odd as I expected some economies of scale with a large system.

That's it for now, I have another company coming Monday night. Still looking for that below $3.50 quote.

Comment

• Artie
                            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by J.P.M.
                            Is that before or after fed./local tax credits and other price reductions like employee discounts etc. such as they may be available ?

Folks usually report full retail price and system size in nameplate (D.C.) Watts. It seems to help avoid confusion. If you paid $3.86 before tax credits/rebates for S.P. 345's, you're going to get more than a few P.M.'s.

If after fed. tax credit, $3.86/.7 = $5.51/Watt and more like the usual Sunpower scourge.

Was that price after the $21,000 for 15 - 345's ~= $4.06/Watt as you reported a couple of months ago ? Are you a S.P. dealer/installer ?
                            I thought that people here report price before tax credits/rebates by default. So it is before tax credits/rebates. It is now $20K for that system. Decided not to go with microinvertors. No, I am not in solar business

Comment

• J.P.M.
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Aug 2013

I thought that people here report price before tax credits/rebates by default. So it is before tax credits/rebates. It is now $20K for that system. Decided not to go with microinvertors. No, I am not in solar business
                              Thank you for the confirmation. That price may well be a game changer in the price arena for solar.

Comment

• Montrose
                                • Oct 2014

First post, seemed like a good spot..

Massachusetts
                                Purchased through Sungevity (Local Installer: Boston Solar)
                                36 Hyundai Heavy Industries HiS-M245MG(BK) (254 Watt panels)
                                SolarEdge Technologies SE 7600A-US
                                Installed in early October on new construction, large roof with straightforward install. Permits signed off, now waiting on electric company.
                                3.38/watt pre rebate/credits. Sungevity goofed on quote and I was not eligible for a 2K State Rebate that they quoted me, but to their credit they ate it. That brought my actual to 3.15/watt pre rebate/credits.
                                After all rebates/credits should be 2.09/watt.

Comment

Working...