Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price paid per watt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Price paid per watt

    Can we have a thread about people post how much they pay for their system $/watt, what is their configuration, and where they are from?

  • #2
    6.9 kW system, LG-300 watt panels and Enphase M250 micro inverters. $3.70 per watt before incentives. Livermore California.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dat View Post
        Can we have a thread about people post how much they pay for their system $/watt, what is their configuration, and where they are from?
        The price / dc watt is a moving target based on city, state, hardware and complexity of the install. Also prices that were gotten 1 year ago would now be different today for the same neighborhood.

        Best suggestion is to read some of the postings on grid tie systems, ask questions, learn as much as possible about pv systems and then go get some quotes. Post that info here and people will help you determine if the $/watt before incentives is within a good range.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
          The price / dc watt is a moving target based on city, state, hardware and complexity of the install. Also prices that were gotten 1 year ago would now be different today for the same neighborhood.

          Best suggestion is to read some of the postings on grid tie systems, ask questions, learn as much as possible about pv systems and then go get some quotes. Post that info here and people will help you determine if the $/watt before incentives is within a good range.
          Yea,
          whatever the fanatic says

          It takes time to learn the details of what your specific installation requires and what your actual wants are, then you can decide if the $ per Wt is a good gauge for the installation project.
          If you read some previous posts there are situations (plenty) when lowest cost per Wt could be the worst investment you have ever made The "buyer beware" always applies.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nmikmik View Post
            If you read some previous posts there are situations (plenty) when lowest cost per Wt could be the worst investment you have ever made The "buyer beware" always applies.
            That is when the buyer gets into the fire, ready aim plan of action.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
              The price / dc watt is a moving target based on city, state, hardware and complexity of the install. Also prices that were gotten 1 year ago would now be different today for the same neighborhood.

              Best suggestion is to read some of the postings on grid tie systems, ask questions, learn as much as possible about pv systems and then go get some quotes. Post that info here and people will help you determine if the $/watt before incentives is within a good range.
              I understand that is why I asked for price, configuration, and location. One price does not mean much, but if you have a lot of data, you can expect what is the reasonable price in your area. I am not looking for the cheapest price installation, but I want to know the price for different solar panels in the market. For example, people keep saying Sunpower is more expensive than other panels. The question is how much more expensive than SolarWorld or Canadian Solar? Is SolarWorld more expensive or cheaper than Canadian Solar panel and what is the price different between the two? If everyone participate in this thread, people can find a lot of information they need in this thread.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dat View Post
                I understand that is why I asked for price, configuration, and location. One price does not mean much, but if you have a lot of data, you can expect what is the reasonable price in your area. I am not looking for the cheapest price installation, but I want to know the price for different solar panels in the market. For example, people keep saying Sunpower is more expensive than other panels. The question is how much more expensive than SolarWorld or Canadian Solar? Is SolarWorld more expensive or cheaper than Canadian Solar panel and what is the price different between the two? If everyone participate in this thread, people can find a lot of information they need in this thread.
                You mean the information you want custom delivered. The information is here in many threads.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by russ View Post
                  You mean the information you want custom delivered. The information is here in many threads.
                  You can think that way. I already chose my installer so it does not matter to me anymore. I only come to this forum for entertainment and learning. I think it's fun and help people who want to install solar in the future. It will save people time and effort. If anyone does not want to help then you do not have to.
                  By the way, the system I am going to install is $3.51 per watt. The configuration is 6.12kW, 24 Canadian Solar panels Model: CS6P-255P with Enphase M215. The location is San Jose, California. I just ask my installer a quote for Sunpower and waiting for his quote. I may upgrade to Sunpower if the price is right.
                  Last, I want to thank everyone who help me in the last three days.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dat View Post
                    Can we have a thread about people post how much they pay for their system $/watt, what is their configuration, and where they are from?
                    Originally posted by dat View Post
                    I understand that is why I asked for price, configuration, and location. One price does not mean much, but if you have a lot of data, you can expect what is the reasonable price in your area. I am not looking for the cheapest price installation, but I want to know the price for different solar panels in the market. For example, people keep saying Sunpower is more expensive than other panels. The question is how much more expensive than SolarWorld or Canadian Solar? Is SolarWorld more expensive or cheaper than Canadian Solar panel and what is the price different between the two? If everyone participate in this thread, people can find a lot of information they need in this thread.
                    there are so many online stores carry both SW and CS. It shouldn't be hard to find out. Higher price doesn't mean better product..... American made panels usually have higher price tag.....

                    Search function is there and read.

                    If you really want to know the answer, there are thousands of systems listed on Enphase public site. You learn by reading, observing, not by asking

                    https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/public_systems

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by silversaver View Post
                      there are so many online stores carry both SW and CS. It shouldn't be hard to find out. Higher price doesn't mean better product..... American made panels usually have higher price tag.....

                      Search function is there and read.

                      If you really want to know the answer, there are thousands of systems listed on Enphase public site. You learn by reading, observing, not by asking

                      https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/public_systems
                      Hahaha. Reading, observing, and researching are ways to learn. Asking is also another way to learn. Did you ask your teacher in class when you were in school?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dat View Post
                        Hahaha. Reading, observing, and researching are ways to learn. Asking is also another way to learn. Did you ask your teacher in class when you were in school?
                        When you don't understand something, you ask question.

                        I think JPM has the answer for you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by silversaver View Post
                          When you don't understand something, you ask question.

                          I think JPM has the answer for you.
                          I think questions are great. I generate them all the time. They are the offspring of curiosity. But when I don't understand something, I first ask myself what is happening.

                          Some things about questions taught to me when I was learning to be polite and respectful: Try to know the answer before you ask the question of others. You may not get it all right, but you'll probably learn something on your own. Bonus: You may just get it right and maybe not waste someone's time by doing something for yourself. More bonus: Your question will probably be better formulated. More bonus: It helps break the self absorbed attitude of feeling special, superior and entitled to be catered to and spoon fed everything on demand.

                          Add: In school, my questions were most often answered in a Socratic fashion with another question, which I later learned was one method of attempting to get me to think and learn on my own.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dat View Post
                            You can think that way. I already chose my installer so it does not matter to me anymore. I only come to this forum for entertainment and learning. I think it's fun and help people who want to install solar in the future. It will save people time and effort. If anyone does not want to help then you do not have to.
                            By the way, the system I am going to install is $3.51 per watt. The configuration is 6.12kW, 24 Canadian Solar panels Model: CS6P-255P with Enphase M215. The location is San Jose, California. I just ask my installer a quote for Sunpower and waiting for his quote. I may upgrade to Sunpower if the price is right.
                            Last, I want to thank everyone who help me in the last three days.
                            So you're installing a 6.12kW system with CS panels and Enphase micro inverters for ~ $21,481.20?

                            1) What made you choose Micro Inverters? Did you happen to research SolarEdge?
                            2) Why did you choose CS panels? I don't think Sun Power is worth the premium that one pays up front (even if they are more efficient in 20 years), but there are other great options besides CS.

                            I just paid $3.38 / watt for a 8.4kW system here in So Cal with LG 300W panels and a SolarEdge inverter (with extended warranty AND wi-fi monitoring add-on). That's also from one of the most reputable installers here. And I didn't have to negotiate for that price, they came out the gate with that, which is much lower than the competition.

                            Just some thoughts...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
                              I think questions are great. I generate them all the time. They are the offspring of curiosity. But when I don't understand something, I first ask myself what is happening.

                              Some things about questions taught to me when I was learning to be polite and respectful: Try to know the answer before you ask the question of others. You may not get it all right, but you'll probably learn something on your own. Bonus: You may just get it right and maybe not waste someone's time by doing something for yourself. More bonus: Your question will probably be better formulated. More bonus: It helps break the self absorbed attitude of feeling special, superior and entitled to be catered to and spoon fed everything on demand.

                              Add: In school, my questions were most often answered in a Socratic fashion with another question, which I later learned was one method of attempting to get me to think and learn on my own.
                              I don't feel that way. I totally understand the question, but I still asked. Let me make it clear.
                              What is the name of this forum? Solar Panel System for owners, so the people who come here are home owners, is it correct?
                              Why do the home owners come here? Because they want to install solar panels and want to save money and save time.
                              So, what do I do to save money and time? Read, research, and ask. If I don't ask, I will spend more time to read. If you have time, that is fine to read more. I do not have time, then I ask to save time. Another reason to ask is I do not believe what I read on the net. I need more data to find the correct answer or an answer that is reasonable. So asking is the most efficient way, and I appreciate your answers in other threads.

                              For people that do not want to answer, please keep quiet and ignore my post because you do not want to help. You don't have to tell me to read because the information is there. It will take hours and days or even months to read and find enough information. I do not have that much time, even if I have time, I do not want to spend that much time. In three days, I was able to find an installer with cheap price. I only keep this thread to help people come after me. Again, this is only my personal opinion. Personal opinion is not right or wrong. It is just my choice.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X