• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venvis2001
    • Mar 2013

Quotes for my solar installs so far

Hi,
    I got two quotes from installers (for approx 6KwDC system):
    1) Suniva 270W panels; Enphase Micro; $3.60/W installed. IF I choose 20 to 24 panels this is the price.
    2) Solarworld (I think); String SMA invertor quote for a 6.1KW system - $3.85/W installed.
    Waiting on a third quote later this week after the person visits me this weekend.
    I have noticed the range between $3.60 to $3.90 posted by others.

Comment

• ANR
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by slopoke
      6.9 kW system, LG-300 watt panels and Enphase M250 micro inverters. $3.70 per watt before incentives. Livermore California.
      Hi slopoke

I am a new member and in am in the process of getting quotes, could you please let me know your installer information through PM

Comment

• ANR
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by dat
        Thank you for sharing.

Would you mind sharing your Installer information through PM

Comment

• usbseawolf2000
          • Jan 2015

I am quoted $3.3 per watt for 6kW system with 24 x Canadian Solar 250W panels and Enphase micro inverters.

Prior quotes with Sunpower were $4.25 to $4.5 per watt.

In NJ, I would get 15 years of SREC, so what is the general census on CS panels? Should I be set for at least 15 years?

Or should I go with LG or SolarWorld panels? Our budget is $20k.

I need to do roof as well (2 layers of existing shingles). My plan is to do the roof first.

However, I am thinking of exploiting it to get more reliable install for my unique opportunity. Is there a type of install where pv panel rails are installed first then the shingle?

Comment

• J.P.M.
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by usbseawolf2000
            I am quoted $3.3 per watt for 6kW system with 24 x Canadian Solar 250W panels and Enphase micro inverters.

Prior quotes with Sunpower were $4.25 to $4.5 per watt.

In NJ, I would get 15 years of SREC, so what is the general census on CS panels? Should I be set for at least 15 years?

Or should I go with LG or SolarWorld panels? Our budget is $20k.

I need to do roof as well (2 layers of existing shingles). My plan is to do the roof first.

However, I am thinking of exploiting it to get more reliable install for my unique opportunity. Is there a type of install where pv panel rails are installed first then the shingle?
            I'd not ignore the roof, that's a priority. But, I'd keep in mind the solar tax credit expires 12/31/2016.

Unless you have shade, string inverters will save a few bucks and have fewer potential failure points.

In general, and mostly regardless of mfg., equal (electrical) size systems have similar annual output, Canadian Solar, Solarworld, LG, Kyocera and also Sunpower et al. You'll pay about 20+ % more for Sunpower and get similar output. Quality on most panels is likely good enough for 15 + years, or at least longer than you'll likely own them.

Comment

• ANR
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by slopoke
              6.9 kW system, LG-300 watt panels and Enphase M250 micro inverters. $3.70 per watt before incentives. Livermore California.
              slopoke!

I am a new member, Would you mind sharing you installer information through PM?

Comment

• sensij
                Solar Fanatic
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by usbseawolf2000

I doubt many roofers will want to crawl over and between the rails while putting up shingles. For a mounting product like the QuickmountPV, it is designed to go on top of the shingles. There might be some products that would work well underneath the shingles, but I have no suggestions for you.

I needed my roof redone before the solar install as well, and decided that trying to coordinate the roofer and solar installers wasn't worth the effort. My roofer will come back after the rails go up to inspect the work.
                CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• aanderson81
                  • Jan 2015

I paid $4.23 before incentives ($2.25 after) for the following 7.8kW system installed including cost of trenching 100' and under a driveway. The install location is in Connecticut.

(24) SunPower 327 panels
                  SMA SB7000TL-22 with SPS Outlet.

Roof installed on detached barn

Comment

• bam_bam
                    • Nov 2014

3.14 per watt in Chula Vista (SoCal)

$26,612 before incentives for 8.48 kW (32 Q cells panels) and 1 SMA 7700TL inverter is what I am going with and below are the other options I was given

All of these are 8.4kW systems.

30 each LG 280 w/ 1 each SMA 7700TL ($3.22 per watt) $27,048 gross - $8,114 Fed tax credit = $18,934 net system cost.
                    28 each LG 300 w/ 1 each SMA 7700TL ($3.40 per watt) $28,560 gross - $8,568 Fed tax credit = $19.992 net system cost.
                    30 each LG 280 w/ 30 each Enphase ($3.55 per watt) $29,820 gross - $8,946 Fed tax credit =$20,874 net system cost.
                    28 each LG 300 w/ 14 each APS ($3.63 per watt) $30,492 gross - $9,147 Fed tax credit = $21,345 net system cost.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by bam_bam
                      $26,612 before incentives for 8.48 kW (32 Q cells panels) and 1 SMA 7700TL inverter is what I am going with and below are the other options I was given

All of these are 8.4kW systems.

30 each LG 280 w/ 1 each SMA 7700TL ($3.22 per watt) $27,048 gross - $8,114 Fed tax credit = $18,934 net system cost.
                      28 each LG 300 w/ 1 each SMA 7700TL ($3.40 per watt) $28,560 gross - $8,568 Fed tax credit = $19.992 net system cost.
                      30 each LG 280 w/ 30 each Enphase ($3.55 per watt) $29,820 gross - $8,946 Fed tax credit =$20,874 net system cost.
                      28 each LG 300 w/ 14 each APS ($3.63 per watt) $30,492 gross - $9,147 Fed tax credit = $21,345 net system cost.
                      One vendor ? Same as AlisoBob ?

Comment

• SoCalsolar
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Jun 2012

What type

What type of roof? Size of your main panel?

Comment

• bam_bam
                          • Nov 2014

Roof

Originally posted by SoCalsolar
                          What type of roof? Size of your main panel?
                          Cement tile roof two story and I am not at home but they said the box is large and easy to connect too. Home was built 2006

Comment

• SoCalsolar
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Jun 2012

bam

pm sent

Comment

• wshepherd
                              • Jan 2015

Does this price make sense?

Getting a quote for 104,423 for a 19,890 KW system from Solar City ($5.25 per KW), before subsidies. Location is Greenwich, CT.

78 Trina Solar 255PD05.18 panels
                              SolarEdge Inverter SE7600A-US-ZB-U
                              SolarEdge Inverter SE10000A-US-ZB-U
                              all installation included

30 year guarantee, first year production at 20KWH, last year production at 17.5KWH
                              I think they replace the inverters for free somewhere between year 10-15 based on their lifespan

This seems high to me, even given the northeast location.

Any thoughts on this? (Anyone want to bid for the business?)

Comment

• J.P.M.
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by wshepherd
                                Getting a quote for 104,423 for a 19,890 KW system from Solar City ($5.25 per KW), before subsidies. Location is Greenwich, CT.

78 Trina Solar 255PD05.18 panels
                                SolarEdge Inverter SE7600A-US-ZB-U
                                SolarEdge Inverter SE10000A-US-ZB-U
                                all installation included

30 year guarantee, first year production at 20KWH, last year production at 17.5KWH
                                I think they replace the inverters for free somewhere between year 10-15 based on their lifespan

This seems high to me, even given the northeast location.

Any thoughts on this? (Anyone want to bid for the business?)
                                I'm ignorant of pricing in CT, but for a decent system with nothing/little unusual about the install, that would be high for CA. Also, depending on orientation and shading, the estimated output may be a bit on the low side.

Comment

Working...