Price paid per watt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • easye
    • Jun 2014

$3.23 watt Solarworld Protect 275. 8.8kw Solaredge inverters and optimizers Dallas, TX. Price before incentives. $1.32 after incentives and tax rebate.

Comment

• dat
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by gsxrmike
      So you're installing a 6.12kW system with CS panels and Enphase micro inverters for ~ $21,481.20?

1) What made you choose Micro Inverters? Did you happen to research SolarEdge?
      2) Why did you choose CS panels? I don't think Sun Power is worth the premium that one pays up front (even if they are more efficient in 20 years), but there are other great options besides CS.

I just paid $3.38 / watt for a 8.4kW system here in So Cal with LG 300W panels and a SolarEdge inverter (with extended warranty AND wi-fi monitoring add-on). That's also from one of the most reputable installers here. And I didn't have to negotiate for that price, they came out the gate with that, which is much lower than the competition.

Just some thoughts...
      1) No, I did not research SolarEdge, but I like micro inverters.
      2) Because my installer quoted that way. I live in San Jose so the cost is a little more than So Cal. I don't need a perfect system or cheapest price. I just need something reasonable. I do not want to spend more time to find a better deal because I do not think it can be much cheaper in San Jose. The installer needs to make a living too. I just don't want to be ripped off.
      Edit:
      2) Major PV energy provider Canadian Solar has been selected to supply 43MW of its CS6P255P modules to the second largest solar power plant project in Japan, according to the company.
      The company will supply 168,300 of its 60 cell CS6P255P modules (255Wp) with delivery expected to start in May 2014 and to be completed in February 2015.

Comment

• sensij
        Solar Fanatic
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by gsxrmike
        So you're installing a 6.12kW system with CS panels and Enphase micro inverters for ~ $21,481.20?

1) What made you choose Micro Inverters? Did you happen to research SolarEdge?
        2) Why did you choose CS panels? I don't think Sun Power is worth the premium that one pays up front (even if they are more efficient in 20 years), but there are other great options besides CS.

I just paid $3.38 / watt for a 8.4kW system here in So Cal with LG 300W panels and a SolarEdge inverter (with extended warranty AND wi-fi monitoring add-on). That's also from one of the most reputable installers here. And I didn't have to negotiate for that price, they came out the gate with that, which is much lower than the competition.

Just some thoughts...
        Are you willing to share to installers name? I sent you a pm, if you would like to respond.
        CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• remnokc
          • Jul 2014

16.575kw SolarEdge System using 65 Conergy 255w panels, $3.15/w total installed price. labor, permitting, design, shipping, net-meetering agreement, all inclusive. SouthCenteral Wisconsin 73 miles SW of Milwaukee and 90 miles NW of Chicago.

edit-before federal incentives.
          Last edited by remnokc; 10-04-2014, 04:21 PM. Reason: add text.

Comment

• dat
            • Oct 2014

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

• thejq
              Solar Fanatic
              • Jul 2014

4.8 KW, 16 x LG300N1C, SolarEdge optimizer + SE6000A with Zigbee in Carlsbad (San Diego county), CA. ~$3.5/W
              16xLG300N1C+SE6000[url]http://tiny.cc/ojmxyx[/url]

Comment

• flem0061
                • Oct 2014

Twin Cities, MN system about to be installed - 7.38Kw TenK Solar panels $4.30/watt. Commercial installer and includes egauge consumptive monitoring.
                Southeast 'burbs of Twin Cities

Comment

• chunglau
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by dat
                  Can we have a thread about people post how much they pay for their system $/watt, what is their configuration, and where they are from?
                  The best quote I got, in the Bay Area, is $3.75/W for a 3.92KW system, using older LG panels and Enphase micro-inverters.

Comment

• Alisobob
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2014

6.5 Kw Solarworld MONO panels/ Enphase microinveter package
                    Lifetime Envoy Monitoring
                    Roof repapered under all panel areas, 25 year leak warranty
                    8 ga. wire runs to panel, all attic run
                    Some roof vents relocated
                    Orange County Ca

$3.44 per watt, before tax credit

Comment

• Mike848
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by sensij
                      Are you willing to share to installers name? I sent you a pm, if you would like to respond.
                      If you don't mind, I would be interested in learning the name of this installer as well. Thanks.

Comment

• azdave
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by dat
                        Can we have a thread about people post how much they pay for their system $/watt, what is their configuration, and where they are from?
                        Gilbert, AZ (Phoenix area) SRP utility grid-tie
                        6.63 kW
                        26 255W Hanwha panels.
                        Power One PVI-6000 w/monitoring.
                        Installed on cement tile roof (48 standoffs).
                        All design approvals, permits, SRP paperwork and HOA requirements handled by installer.

$2.71 Watt full turn-key system before incentives.
                        After all incentives and discounts $1.68 watt.

Provides 120% of my current needs (needs expected to increase soon so that is why 120% now).

SRP will be out on Thursday morning to place the meter so I'll soon be online I hope.
                        Last edited by azdave; 10-08-2014, 04:27 PM. Reason: fixed spec info
                        Dave W. Gilbert AZ
                        6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

• Carl_NH
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Sep 2014

Installing 21 LG300 with SolarEdge optimizers and 6kW inverter 3.83W Coastal NH price is installed with all permits, rebates filed etc.

Did some calculations on various system sizes and wattages attached as PDF.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• azdave
                            • Oct 2014

Let's try this again. I posted yesterday afternoon but it disappeared not long after that. I got an email notice today that advised me someone else replied to the thread so my post must have been here at one point if I got auto-subscribed to the thread.

Anyway, I'm a new member but have been lurking and reading for quite a while before I decide to join up.

I'm in Gilbert, AZ USA. (metro Phoenix area) and my purchased system should go online tomorrow around noon.

6.63kW
                            26 255W Hanwha panels.
                            Power One PVI-6000 Inverter w/monitoring installed inside garage.
                            Cement tile roof with 48 stand-offs.
                            22 degrees tilt facing south, no shading issues.
                            Salt River Project utility grid-tie system
                            System should produce 120% of my current needs, I over-bought on capacity as I know my electrical needs will increase in the next 2 years. Estimated break-even is just over 8 years.

$2.71 per watt before incentives, $18,000 paid up front.
                            $1.68 per watt after all incentives and discounts applied. ($11,170 final price)

SRP is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning to sign-off on the system and I’ll be producing electricity soon!

---Mod Note: Some posts which contain URL links or otherwise trigger a filter are now automatically listed for "moderation", which means that the post will not be visible to regular members until approved by a moderator.
                            Both of your posts were diverted to moderation. You will just have to be patient in the future.
                            This was a necessary measure to reduce spam load on the forum.
                            PS: A moderator or admin would still be able to see your post and reply to it, without releasing it from moderation first. That might explain the email you received.
                            Last edited by inetdog; 10-08-2014, 01:01 PM.
                            Dave W. Gilbert AZ
                            6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

• remnokc
                              • Jul 2014

Hey azdave!

is that price for DIY or professional install?

(oops, sorry I see you mentioned 'installer') my bad - but WoW!! that is a GREAT PRICE.

Comment

• Carl_NH
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by remnokc
                                is that price for DIY or professional install?

(oops, sorry I see you mentioned 'installer') my bad - but WoW!! that is a GREAT PRICE.
                                Yes - that is a great price! It appears the costs are lower in west and sunny regions. I can only assume that this is due to 1) higher volume and more installations, 2) consistent year around installations and more local installers mean more competitive pricing.

The colder climates most installers can work maybe 9 months on average unless they do ground based systems or larger commercial installations.

Pricing does drop a lot though above 7KW it appears - as installation of a few more panels doesn't cost that much more.

Comment

Working...