No announcement yet.

Price paid per watt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just installed a 10.92kw system on my house for $1.55/w before incentives. $.86/w after. Winaico 260 panels and Solaredge inverter with optimizers. I'm in south burlington VT. I'm a solar installer too, so got everything at cost and hired my helper on a weekend to help me out.

Comment

SF Bay area.... I signed the contract for 6kw of Solarworld 270 mono black with Solaredge optimizers & inverter... $3.55/w.

Had to change panels due to setback rules, ended up with 20 LG300's & Solaredge.... $4.00/w

Installed, inspected, waiting for POCO letter.
      6k LG 300, 16S, 2E, 2W, Solaredge P400s and SE5000

Comment

Mount

Seems like, the ground mount & roof mount systems should be separated here.
        The ground mount involves a lot of dirt removal, concrete, and bracing not needed
        for roof mount, gaining some advantages in the process. But then there may be
        costs for roof mount I'm not appreciating. Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by Ben25 View Post
          I just installed a 10.92kw system on my house for $1.55/w before incentives. $.86/w after. Winaico 260 panels and Solaredge inverter with optimizers. I'm in south burlington VT. I'm a solar installer too, so got everything at cost and hired my helper on a weekend to help me out.
          You're skewing the results when you buy at contractor prices and install it yourself.
          Dave W. Gilbert AZ
          6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerscum View Post
            SF Bay area.... I signed the contract for 6kw of Solarworld 270 mono black with Solaredge optimizers & inverter... $3.55/w.

Had to change panels due to setback rules, ended up with 20 LG300's & Solaredge.... $4.00/w

Installed, inspected, waiting for POCO letter.
            Can you please PM the company/installer

Veer

Comment

Originally posted by bcroe View Post
              The ground mount involves a lot of dirt removal, concrete, and bracing not needed
              for roof mount, gaining some advantages in the process. But then there may be
              costs for roof mount I'm not appreciating. Bruce Roe
              roof mount requires the brackets/flashing to connect to the roof, but maintain weatherproofness of the roof.

quickmountPV e-mount are ~$12 each.
              Mounts for clay tile roofs are more I think.

I'm thinking concrete and steel might be the cheaper option. Or at least they would be pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by veerrao View Post
                Can you please PM the company/installer

Veer
                Done
                6k LG 300, 16S, 2E, 2W, Solaredge P400s and SE5000

Comment

Originally posted by foo1bar View Post
                  roof mount requires the brackets/flashing to connect to the roof, but maintain weatherproofness of the roof.

quickmountPV e-mount are ~$12 each.
                  Mounts for clay tile roofs are more I think.

I'm thinking concrete and steel might be the cheaper option. Or at least they would be pretty close.
                  Ask Mike 90250 (another moderator) he has done it. The concrete involved is not a small thing.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Cost

I paid $3.05 per panel watt for a "turnkey" ground mount system. Pretty good for something
                    involving 48 concrete pillars, I thought. No standard racking, it was all standard aluminum cut
                    and drilled. However I supplied the AC feed wiring, and a huge number of stainless steel bolts.
                    The aluminum supplier had only drilled half the required 1300 holes, so I dragged the 3/4 ton
                    of AL to my shop and drilled the rest. Taking advantage of the situation, the holes for the
                    12 mounts were EACH custom adjusted to compensate for the inaccuracy of the concrete, up
                    to an inch. Then I put all the aluminum up so that the customized pieces couldn't get mixed
                    up. I did plenty of detailed extras like AC outlets, cable management hardware, and stuff to
                    bug proof seal the electrical boxes. Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by bcroe View Post
                      I mentioned a cement tile roof install in my specs earlier. I always assume (maybe erroneously) that all installs mentioned here are all typical roof mounts (with no upcharges in that region) unless called out otherwise by the person reporting the specs.

My installer offered the same price for standard asphalt shingles as they did for cement tile. Not sure if that difference is an upcharge in other areas but tile roofs are very common here so they probably just hide the install cost differences in the overall price so buyers don't see a bunch of add-ons that might kill the deal. I considered adding a stand-alone patio structure to get more shade along with solar but the cost was significantly more than I expected so I put the panels on the roof.
                      Dave W. Gilbert AZ
                      6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerscum View Post
                        Done
                        Thanks Bikerscum!

Comment

Originally posted by dat View Post
                          Can we have a thread about people post how much they pay for their system $/watt, what is their configuration, and where they are from?
                          Sounds good on paper, but (for starters) I can see a problem with verification of the data. That was one of the big advantages (of many) of the CSI database - now gone.

Comment

In Oregon, where I grew up, the farmers on the big irrigation projects paid for water according to how the project did economically for the year. After harvest the water man would visit each farmer and take their report on how the crops did - yield per acre.

Many of the guys lied about how they did as they didn't want their neighbors to think they were dunces. Consequently they over paid.

Self reporting I have zero faith in.
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Appreciate Everyone Sharing

New to the forums, I appreciate everyone sharing, would those of you in socal area that have gotten below $3.50 price quotes PM me company info. I have been getting quotes around $4.00. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or calling too busy of companies. I've gotten four quotes now and only one below $4.00 at $3.76. They aren't pressuring to sign like some posters have experienced and they just look give me their quotes and say that is the price. I have been calling highly rated companies, looking at a large system with plenty of roofspace and no shade issues, one story home, everyone says house is perfect for solar and straight forward install. Thanks for the help.

Comment

$3.86. 15 sunpower x21/345 with solaredge 6000 with power optimizers.

Comment

Working...
                                X