• Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Montrose
    First post, seemed like a good spot..

Massachusetts
    Purchased through Sungevity (Local Installer: Boston Solar)
    36 Hyundai Heavy Industries HiS-M245MG(BK) (254 Watt panels)
    SolarEdge Technologies SE 7600A-US
    Installed in early October on new construction, large roof with straightforward install. Permits signed off, now waiting on electric company.
    3.38/watt pre rebate/credits. Sungevity goofed on quote and I was not eligible for a 2K State Rebate that they quoted me, but to their credit they ate it. That brought my actual to 3.15/watt pre rebate/credits.
    After all rebates/credits should be 2.09/watt.
    I have no idea what prices are like in MA, but $3.38/nameplate Watt would be decent in CA.

Comment

• PVpower
      • Nov 2014

I just signed a contract for an install of a 5.75kW system

New York
      Purchased through Sungevity
      23 Hyundai Heavy Industries HiS-M250MG(BK)
      SMA SB5000TL-US-22 inverter
      $3.55/watt prior to incentives
      $1.19/watt post all rebates/incentives

For those of you in NY, NY state also has a good financing program for energy related projects. 3.49%. I'm taking a five year loan to cover the out of pocket expenses and will be cash positive on day one (my loan payment is less than my estimated electricity bill reduction). In other words, I'm actually purchasing the system with no money down and seeing savings.

If anyone is interested in getting quote from Sungevity, using a referral code (mine is 76334) will save you $500.

Comment

• russ
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by PVpower
        I just signed a contract for an install of a 5.75kW system

New York
        Purchased through Sungevity
        23 Hyundai Heavy Industries HiS-M250MG(BK)
        SMA SB5000TL-US-22 inverter
        $3.55/watt prior to incentives
        $1.19/watt post all rebates/incentives

For those of you in NY, NY state also has a good financing program for energy related projects. 3.49%. I'm taking a five year loan to cover the out of pocket expenses and will be cash positive on day one (my loan payment is less than my estimated electricity bill reduction). In other words, I'm actually purchasing the system with no money down and seeing savings.

If anyone is interested in getting quote from Sungevity, using a referral code (mine is xxxxxx) will save you $500.
        Come on - trying for the "screw your buddy" kickback on your first day?
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• PVpower
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by russ
          Come on - trying for the "screw your buddy" kickback on your first day?
          Oh, sorry if this isn't helpful or permitted. I used this forum quite a bit for information and actually got a referral on here that saved me money. I thought it might be useful for those that are looking.

Comment

• J.P.M.
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by PVpower
            Oh, sorry if this isn't helpful or permitted. I used this forum quite a bit for information and actually got a referral on here that saved me money. I thought it might be useful for those that are looking.
            The problem arises because your referral puts skin in the game for you. You can be as honest and virtuous as anyone on the planet but your suggestion of a referral code removes objectivity and puts the profit motive front/center.

Comment

• rbtripathi
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by slopoke
              6.9 kW system, LG-300 watt panels and Enphase M250 micro inverters. $3.70 per watt before incentives. Livermore California.
              Hello, Can you please PM me the name of Installer. I'm from Bay Area and looking for a 4KW system and only getting quotes for more than $4.00/W

Comment

• rbtripathi
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by dat
                You can think that way. I already chose my installer so it does not matter to me anymore. I only come to this forum for entertainment and learning. I think it's fun and help people who want to install solar in the future. It will save people time and effort. If anyone does not want to help then you do not have to.
                By the way, the system I am going to install is $3.51 per watt. The configuration is 6.12kW, 24 Canadian Solar panels Model: CS6P-255P with Enphase M215. The location is San Jose, California. I just ask my installer a quote for Sunpower and waiting for his quote. I may upgrade to Sunpower if the price is right.
                Last, I want to thank everyone who help me in the last three days.
                Hello, can you please PM me the installer who quoted you $3.51 in San Jose, California? Thanks

Comment

• rbtripathi
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by dat
                  Finally signed the contract today. $24100 for 7.14kW = $3.38/watt for 28 Canadian Solar CS6P-255P panels, Enphase M215 micro inverters, and Enlighten Envoy monitor in San Jose, CA.
                  I also upgrade main service panel from 100A to 200A for $2500 plus a new circuit with two new outside outlets for $300. Total is $26900.00 before incentive. The contractor has over 35 reviews with all 5 star at Solar reviews.
                  Hello dat,

Can you share the name of installer who gave you $3.38/W in San Jose, CA. Thanks

Comment

• dat
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by rbtripathi
                    Hello dat,

Can you share the name of installer who gave you $3.38/W in San Jose, CA. Thanks
                    PM sent. The two quotes are from the same installer, just different system sizes. As you see, my price is higher for 6kW, so if you look at 4kW system, I do not know if you will get this price.

Comment

• rbtripathi
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by dat
                      PM sent. The two quotes are from the same installer, just different system sizes. As you see, my price is higher for 6kW, so if you look at 4kW system, I do not know if you will get this price.
                      Thanks Dat, got the PM and already talked to the installer.

Comment

• buellwinkle
                        • Aug 2014

I paid $3.22/w in So Cal for 7KW system using LG 280W panels, SMA inverter. I came up with what I wanted, then got bids to install exactly that. Was tired of getting bids from places like Solar City that used Chinese panels at top dollar prices. The system is up and running, but waiting for electric company permission to operate, any day now. The price was before fed tax credit, so $2.25/w if you factor that in.

Comment

• rbtripathi
                          • Nov 2014

I've got a quote for $3.1/W for a 4KW system in Bay area before federal credit. Sounds very good and the installer has 4.99 rating at solarreviews from 68 reviews. I'll update how it goes.

Comment

• solar pete
                            Administrator
                            • May 2014

howdy it would be great if you could keep us posted through the experience, good thread, cheers

Comment

• rbtripathi
                              • Nov 2014

Forgot to add that the panels are from REC and micro inverters from Enphase.

Comment

• buellwinkle
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by rbtripathi
                                Forgot to add that the panels are from REC and micro inverters from Enphase.
                                Is that with SunRun (Costco)? They seem to use REC solar panels. Great price for such a small system.

Comment

Working...