Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon to NJ - 12.35 kW Hanwha DUO-G5 + SolarEdge Inverter/Optimizers by GPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

They are NOT going to give you admin access, no installer ever will. That would give you access to all of their systems.
    NOTE there really isn't an "admin" access level. There is installer and owner.
    What you should be asking for is Owner access.
    Done. They gave me full access after making my case. I can now access the Admin tab, which is what I was asking them for, access to the admin tab, not admin access.

Email from SolarEdge:

User role: Full access

The user is a site owner

The SolarEdge team
    https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=69875

Comment

• Originally posted by sunpoweredev View Post

Done. They gave me full access after making my case. I can now access the Admin tab, which is what I was asking them for, access to the admin tab, not admin access.

Email from SolarEdge:

User role: Full access

The user is a site owner

The SolarEdge team
      right so you have full access and owner as I stated. There are parts of the admin tab that you will not see (basically things you can do that would take the system down if done incorrectly), and you only see your site not all the sites the installer has done as the installer admins do.
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• So we passed our Final Twp. Inspection yesterday for Building & Electrical...now the final wait for the Utility Meter Swap & PTO!

The inverter was setup with no issues via Ethernet, system tested and all panels/optimizers responding as designed.

IMG_1515.JPG

sunpoweredev One little snag we had, which luckily didn't affect the Twp. Inspection...... would you believe the SREC meter GPE popped in DIDN'T work!?!?

Was this your old meter they had rolling around in the truck ....hummm can't make this stuff up! So yeah I'll need a new one of those before or during the PTO inspection.
        Last edited by NJturtlePower; 08-14-2019, 10:40 AM. Reason: Added Picture - Dead SREC Meter
        12.35 kW - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=67749

Comment

• Originally posted by NJturtlePower View Post
          So we passed our Final Twp. Inspection yesterday for Building & Electrical...now the final wait for the Utility Meter Swap & PTO!

The inverter was setup with no issues via Ethernet, system tested and all panels/optimizers responding as designed.

sunpoweredev One little snag we had, which luckily didn't affect the Twp. Inspection...... would you believe the SREC meter GPE popped in DIDN'T work!?!?

Was this your old meter they had rolling around in the truck ....hummm can't make this stuff up! So yeah I'll need a new one of those before or during the PTO inspection.
          Excellent!

So, that's 2 for 2 in those SREC meters failing How long was he there waiting for the town inspector? Kyle was here for 3hrs before the inspector showed up. In those 3hrs the SREC meter already read 25kWh. Since your meter never worked, I guess you didn't get a chance to see how your system performed.

Yeah I would've told you the one you received was the one removed from my house except the guy (Kyle) marked it with a sharpie marker as soon as he took it down. He actually left me another new one, just in case He said they probably have a "bad batch". What bugs me about it is that now my SREC meter will be forever 300kWh off. Actually 295, but I waited until it rolled up to 300 before I sent them the pic of my then current production off the SolarEdge app. It will be recorded towards my SREC production.

I'll be posting my 2 weeks' worth of production in my thread. The numbers from the SolarEdge app exceeded my expectations, but the utility meter doesn't quite match up..
          https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=69875

Comment

• Originally posted by sunpoweredev View Post
            Excellent!

So, that's 2 for 2 in those SREC meters failing How long was he there waiting for the town inspector? Kyle was here for 3hrs before the inspector showed up. In those 3hrs the SREC meter already read 25kWh. Since your meter never worked, I guess you didn't get a chance to see how your system performed.

Yeah I would've told you the one you received was the one removed from my house except the guy (Kyle) marked it with a sharpie marker as soon as he took it down. He actually left me another new one, just in case He said they probably have a "bad batch". What bugs me about it is that now my SREC meter will be forever 300kWh off. Actually 295, but I waited until it rolled up to 300 before I sent them the pic of my then current production off the SolarEdge app. It will be recorded towards my SREC production.

I'll be posting my 2 weeks' worth of production in my thread. The numbers from the SolarEdge app exceeded my expectations, but the utility meter doesn't quite match up..
            Honestly,I forgot the GPE rep's name already, my bad, but anyways...my inspection window was 9am to 2pm. GPE was in my driveway waiting by about 8:30am and when I came home early for lunch chatting Tesla and solar the Twp. inspector showed up at 11:35 and was gone and done 15min later.

Waiting to hear how they want to handle the SREC meter swap, either before or at the final utility inspection...TBD

Comment

• Congratulations on finally getting over the finish line! How is everything working out so far? We were on a very similar timeline to you with everything and just got our array activated on this past Wednesday. Figures that after a seemingly clear, dry summer, we get the OK to generate on the cloudiest day in a month, with clouds and rain in the long-term outlook.

This weekend's project is to figure out how to get PV Outputs or SolarEdge to send my daily production figure to an email or a spreadsheet or something automatically.
              https://www.pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=73948

Comment

• Originally posted by jordgubbe View Post
                Congratulations on finally getting over the finish line! How is everything working out so far? We were on a very similar timeline to you with everything and just got our array activated on this past Wednesday. Figures that after a seemingly clear, dry summer, we get the OK to generate on the cloudiest day in a month, with clouds and rain in the long-term outlook.

This weekend's project is to figure out how to get PV Outputs or SolarEdge to send my daily production figure to an email or a spreadsheet or something automatically.
                Well not up and running YET, but very close...still waiting for the final utility inspection, bi-directional meter swap, and SREC meter swap by GPE since this one was DOA. Spoke to a GPE tech Thursday and they should be doing their part in the next few days, no way to rush JCP&L but ::fingers crossed:: 2-3 weeks we'll be making some sun power!

Congrats on your startup! How long did your utility co take?

I have my PVoutput account setup mostly, just waiting on data... you should be able to use the SolarEdge API in PVoutput to generate all your data...I remember seeing the option, but I'm sure others like ButchDeal or macaddict could give us a little run down of how the basic setup goes.

Comment

• We're on PSE&G, which issued the permission to operate two days after they came by to pop the net meter in. Their total turnaround after Township approval was about two weeks, which was the quick end of the estimate GPE provided.

I was able to get set up in PVoutput without too much trouble. I had to get SolarEdge support to generate the API key for me, since it appears only installer-level accounts have the requisite settings tab, but I was able to do it via chat on their support site in just a few minutes. I'm only on the free tier of PVoutput at this point, but I was able to get the automated production feed and weather reporting through OpenWeatherMap setup.

The SolarEdge Android app has a couple of cool widgets available, so I've got current and total daily production on my homepage now, which is great. They also have a consumption widget, which only shows the production graph for me, since I don't have a consumption meter.

I'd still like to get my end of day production stat emailed to me or kicked to a running spreadsheet, but the widget plus PVoutput is pretty good.

I figure it'll be easier to keep focus on production over time if I don't have to remember to look for it.

Comment

• Fwiw, we opted to have the inverter and srec meter mounted in the basement, next to our electrical panel, and are ethernet connected. There's plenty of space for it, so keeping it out of the elements seemed wise. Plus, could performance be affected if the inverter is itself being heated by direct sunlight?
                    We haven't had a truly clear day yet, so I don't know that the system has ever been going full gas, but so far the inverter has been effectively silent and doesn't throw off any appreciable heat. The only drawback to this setup I see is the fact that it required two additional penetration to run the exterior emergency disconnect. Not a big problem, but fewer holes punched through exterior walls always seems better.

Comment

• @NJturtlePower, Thanks for writing up this great thread. I'm in central NJ (East Windsor) and looking at solar now so this is a very informative thread. Do you know if GPE or Costello roofing gives you anything for referrals? I'm going to call them up and wanted to get you something if possible. If you need to contact me, my username here is my gmail account. Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by robstrash View Post
                        @NJturtlePower, Thanks for writing up this great thread. I'm in central NJ (East Windsor) and looking at solar now so this is a very informative thread. Do you know if GPE or Costello roofing gives you anything for referrals? I'm going to call them up and wanted to get you something if possible. If you need to contact me, my username here is my gmail account. Thanks again.
                        I'm glad it's useful Rob. Most things I spend so much time researching and exploring I try to at least share my experiences good or bad whether that be an Amazon review, Tesla forum post or this time solar.

I'm kinda OCD (obviously), and wordy to most reading these things, but it is what it is and figure SOMEBODY might be in the same frame of mind looking at every possible detail some day.

I just emailed my Sales guy at GPE, Tim DeSevo about any referrals... I'll let you know and appreciate it!

UPDATE: robstrash There is in fact a very generous $500 referral bonus offered by GPE - Email sent to your Gmail.
                        Last edited by NJturtlePower; 08-20-2019, 01:23 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Fwiw, we opted to have the inverter and srec meter mounted in the basement, next to our electrical panel, and are ethernet connected. There's plenty of space for it, so keeping it out of the elements seemed wise. Plus, could performance be affected if the inverter is itself being heated by direct sunlight?
                          We haven't had a truly clear day yet, so I don't know that the system has ever been going full gas, but so far the inverter has been effectively silent and doesn't throw off any appreciable heat. The only drawback to this setup I see is the fact that it required two additional penetration to run the exterior emergency disconnect. Not a big problem, but fewer holes punched through exterior walls always seems better.
                          Exactly my feeling about equipment protection and utilizing dead basement space.

I'm happy I opted (per recommendations from here early on) for that vs everything outside, and as you said the only complication is an extra external disconnect and a bit of IN/OUT conduit runs.

I'm 1-week in now waiting on my PTO/Meter Swap so just that much closer.....
                          Last edited by NJturtlePower; 08-20-2019, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NJturtlePower View Post

Exactly my feeling about equipment protection and utilizing dead basement space.

I'm happy I opted (per recommendations from here early on) for that vs everything outside, and as you said the only complication is an extra external disconnect and a bit of IN/OUT conduit runs.

I'm 1-week in now waiting on my PTO/Meter Swap so just that much closer.....
                            FWIW, and to a rough 1st approx., the inverter will kick off heat to its surroundings ~ as: [(1-inverter eff)* inverter input] . Perhaps useful in heating season, perhaps unwanted during cooling season.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

FWIW, and to a rough 1st approx., the inverter will kick off heat to its surroundings ~ as: [(1-inverter eff)* inverter input] . Perhaps useful in heating season, perhaps unwanted during cooling season.
                              So if I'm understanding correctly, if the efficiency of my 7600w inverter is 98%, we're looking at a rough maximum waste heat figure of 2% * 7600 = 152w/hr?

Comment

So if I'm understanding correctly, if the efficiency of my 7600w inverter is 98%, we're looking at a rough maximum waste heat figure of 2% * 7600 = 152w/hr?
                                Yes... roughly as much heat generation as a computer or a large flat screen TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X