Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon to NJ - 12.35 kW Hanwha DUO-G5 + SolarEdge Inverter/Optimizers by GPE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jordgubbe View Post
    NJTP, I tried adding you as a favorite on pvoutput, but your system isn't showing up in my favorites list
    I got an email saying you did and I was able to add yours to my list with no issue. I think the first time I clicked "favorite" it kicked out to my old list, clicked it again and it's now saved.

    Also, just got my API Key via SE chat and seems to be auto-uploading as is should.

    Untitled.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NJturtlePower; 09-05-2019, 10:59 AM.
    https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=67749

    Comment


    • [USER="53456"]flowing[/USER] So I went home for lunch and just as I was about to leave guess who showed up.....JCP&L.

      I took a few pics, before during and after, and as he explained they jumper the panel whenever possible to avoid any outage or surges. All went smooth and now we're up and counting on both meters.

      IMG_1563.JPGIMG_1564.JPGIMG_1565.JPGIMG_1566.JPG
      https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=67749

      Comment


      • My SolarEdge Portal is now updated with "Full Access" w/ "Site Owner" rights with Admin tab now available after my requests to GPE.

        Ask for [B]EXACTLY[/B] this if what you start off with is their default "Dashboard & Layout" only view.

        SE access.jpgSE access2.jpg

        Second, my detailed daily logs from PVoutput were not displaying inverter temperature or voltage which was corrected by enabling the appropriate options under the system settings.

        temp n volt.pngPVoutput tempandvolt.jpg

        That's all for now folks.... EVERYTHING is now set up to my liking and cranking out kWh's!
        https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=67749

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

          full admin is for installers.
          Owners should have full owner access which does show the "admin" tab but more limited.

          You can set allerts, view graphs of all monitored spots.

          Installer Admins can re-pair and view the online screen (interact with it actually and do anything through it can can do locally).
          As well as change the layout and strings etc.
          I emailed SolarEdge asking them how I can see the virtual device screen (under layout, click on the inverter and then click the i). They said only installer accounts can see it, and that if I want to see it, I can create my own installers account and take over, but I'd have to revoke access to my installer which of course I won't do. Is that really true?
          https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=69875

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NJturtlePower View Post
            [USER="53456"]flowing[/USER] So I went home for lunch and just as I was about to leave guess who showed up.....JCP&L.

            I took a few pics, before during and after, and as he explained they jumper the panel whenever possible to avoid any outage or surges. All went smooth and now we're up and counting on both meters.

            IMG_1563.JPGIMG_1564.JPGIMG_1565.JPGIMG_1566.JPG
            So JCP&L couldn't ninja you like they did me lol. I looked through my security camera footage that day and it captured nothing lol.

            At least you got to see the analog meter physically spin backwards. Thats way more satisfying than the digital display.
            https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=69875

            Comment


            • Originally posted by sunpoweredev View Post

              I emailed SolarEdge asking them how I can see the virtual device screen (under layout, click on the inverter and then click the i). They said only installer accounts can see it, and that if I want to see it, I can create my own installers account and take over, but I'd have to revoke access to my installer which of course I won't do. Is that really true?
              yes. There are things you can do in there that can shut down the system. That was the point of my post is that installers have access beyond full/owner
              OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

              Comment


              • Originally posted by sunpoweredev View Post
                At least you got to see the analog meter physically spin backwards. That's way more satisfying than the digital display.
                Unfortunately not.... my "old" meter was digital as well, just not bi-directional. That's it in the first picture above before being jumpered and pulled.

                I think I remember there being an issue with it when we closed on the house about 5-years ago so the whole box, socket and meter were replaced at that time.
                https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=67749

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sunpoweredev
                  So JCP&L couldn't ninja you like they did me lol. I looked through my security camera footage that day and it captured nothing lol.

                  At least you got to see the analog meter physically spin backwards. Thats way more satisfying than the digital display.
                  That must be quite a set of clip leads, wonder if they would handle 200A? The PoCo
                  gave me my old spinning disk meter (after I asked) and it now monitors PV energy reserve.
                  Spins up past 30 rpm when the sun shines, backs up when I heat the house. Bruce Roe

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

                    yes. There are things you can do in there that can shut down the system. That was the point of my post is that installers have access beyond full/owner
                    The older inverters with the actual screen, it can still shut down the system if one messed with it right? My assumption was that the virtual screen in the screenless inverter has no further capability than the actual screen on older inverters.

                    I'm just wondering if I were to DIY the consumption meter myself, without access to the screen how would I have been able to configure it?
                    https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=69875

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sunpoweredev View Post

                      The older inverters with the actual screen, it can still shut down the system if one messed with it right? My assumption was that the virtual screen in the screenless inverter has no further capability than the actual screen on older inverters.

                      I'm just wondering if I were to DIY the consumption meter myself, without access to the screen how would I have been able to configure it?
                      Yes you can screw up the system pretty well on the actual screen as well as the virtual screen

                      you could kick it back into the wifi mode and access on your phone app to reconfigure
                      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

                        Yes you can screw up the system pretty well on the actual screen as well as the virtual screen

                        you could kick it back into the wifi mode and access on your phone app to reconfigure
                        Thanks. I will just leave it alone and forget the virtual screen.
                        https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=69875

                        Comment


                        • Thanks a lot to NJTurtlePower and sunpoweredev for all the info I've been reading on this thread and the other one about PTO received end of July. Have signed on a couple weeks ago with a company in NJ (Not GPE) for a system with 26 Hanwha Q-Cell 315w panels and Enphase iq7 microinverters for about $2.83 a watt along with having the provider install a Owens Corning roof. Not disclosing the company name now as they will surely identify me

                          Having the timeline posted by NJTurtlePower is really helpful info cant find anywhere else! For my case havent yet received the listed NJCEP SREC Notice of Conditional Registration Email but the Solar Site Survey was done, so something I'll follow up on today. Am hoping to make it to the completed PTO in time before the state reaches the 5.1% SREC threshold! Thanks
                          Last edited by njdealguy; 09-06-2019, 12:05 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by njdealguy View Post
                            a system with 26 Hanwha Q-Cell 315w panels and Enphase iq7 microinverters
                            I would ask the installer to use IQ7+ not IQ7 micros with the 315W modules like that.
                            OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

                              I would ask the installer to use IQ7+ not IQ7 micros with the 315W modules like that.
                              Can try, I would think wont be allowed now that contract is signed with all the specifications unfortunately Is there an approximate price difference between the two microinverters you'd be aware of in case asked to cough up more $$$?
                              Last edited by njdealguy; 09-06-2019, 12:49 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by njdealguy View Post
                                Thanks a lot to NJTurtlePower and sunpoweredev for all the info I've been reading on this thread and the other one about PTO received end of July. Have signed on a couple weeks ago with a company in NJ (Not GPE) for a system with 26 Hanwha Q-Cell 315w panels and Enphase iq7 microinverters for about $2.83 a watt along with having the provider install a Owens Corning roof. Not disclosing the company name now as they will surely identify me

                                Having the timeline posted by NJTurtlePower is really helpful info cant find anywhere else! For my case havent yet received the listed NJCEP SREC Notice of Conditional Registration Email but the Solar Site Survey was done, so something I'll follow up on today. Am hoping to make it to the completed PTO in time before the state reaches the 5.1% SREC threshold! Thanks
                                Glad you found some of the piecemeal info I posted helpful. Surely I'm not as organized as NJTurtlePower is lol.

                                If it's been 2 weeks since signing and you haven't gotten an email of receipt of initial registration, you might want to ask about it. There's a 14 day rule. Not sure what happens if it's submitted outside of 14 days. I received the email the day after I signed with GPE. I'm sure your company knows who you are just based on your system, if they're monitoring this forum.

                                http://njcleanenergy.com/renewable-e...gistration-srp


                                https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=69875

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X