X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sunpoweredev
    Solar Fanatic
    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by J.P.M.
    If you plan on keeping track of output or realtime monitoring, I've found a screen to be very helpful and practica. What was the reason you got for no screen ? Screen or not, I'd put the inverter in the garage and keep it out of the elements. It'll last longer with fewer potential maint. issues.
    Oh I definitely wanted the version with the screen. When I learned on another thread that the one with the screen (presumably the older, more expensive version) and the one without the screen (can safely assume a cost cutting measure) have the same exact model number, I requested my installer to get me the one with the screen if possible. Apparently it's not possible.

Yeah the other reason I wanted inside is to protect it from the elements. Without the screen, I'm feeling less inclined to treat it well by giving up some wall space. My installer includes the extended 25yr warranty by default so I might as well just let it take the beating outside.
    https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=69875

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by sunpoweredev
      Oh I definitely wanted the version with the screen. When I learned on another thread that the one with the screen (presumably the older, more expensive version) and the one without the screen (can safely assume a cost cutting measure) have the same exact model number, I requested my installer to get me the one with the screen if possible. Apparently it's not possible.

Yeah the other reason I wanted inside is to protect it from the elements. Without the screen, I'm feeling less inclined to treat it well by giving up some wall space. My installer includes the extended 25yr warranty by default so I might as well just let it take the beating outside.
      Does the warranty cover reimbursement for lost output while the vendor waits for parts or a whole new (or reconditioned) inverter ?

Comment

• sunpoweredev
        Solar Fanatic
        • Mar 2019

Does the warranty cover reimbursement for lost output while the vendor waits for parts or a whole new (or reconditioned) inverter ?
        Yep you have a point there.

Comment

• sunpoweredev
          Solar Fanatic
          • Mar 2019

NJturtlePower Look what I woke up to. It showed up unannounced some time in the middle of last night here.

Of interest is the inverter. Under description it says "INVTR HD WAVE 11.4KW W/RG". Particularly the part "W/RG". Does that mean this has the revenue grade meter? I assume this contains all necessary equipment and parts for the installation, and I don't see a separate revenue grade meter in the list.

Complete model number is SE11400H-US000BNC4. ButchDeal can you shed some light on this?

Edit: my search brought me to your post #46 earlier in this thread which you've already confirmed BNC4 contains the RGM I'll have them mount it in the garage.

I read in another thread that the wifi in the inverter is strictly for local access only. Does it output realtime status through the phone app as if this had the LCD screen on the inverter?

panny2.JPGpanny1.JPG
          Last edited by sunpoweredev; 06-19-2019, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• ButchDeal
            Solar Fanatic
            • Apr 2014

NJturtlePower Look what I woke up to. It showed up unannounced some time in the middle of last night here.

Of interest is the inverter. Under description it says "INVTR HD WAVE 11.4KW W/RG". Particularly the part "W/RG". Does that mean this has the revenue grade meter? I assume this contains all necessary equipment and parts for the installation, and I don't see a separate revenue grade meter in the list.

Complete model number is SE11400H-US000BNC4. ButchDeal can you shed some light on this?
            the BNC4 part of the model number is the RGM model. See the small print note at the bottom of this document.
            OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• NJturtlePower
              Solar Fanatic
              • Apr 2019

Edit: my search brought me to your post #46 earlier in this thread which you've already confirmed BNC4 contains the RGM I'll have them mount it in the garage.

I read in another thread that the wifi in the inverter is strictly for local access only. Does it output realtime status through the phone app as if this had the LCD screen on the inverter?

panny2.JPGpanny1.JPG
              Very nice surprize indeed sunpoweredev , and I'm sure it's no accident being that you and I have both been bugging them about the RGM inverter option. There has likely been some discussions in the GPE office about our requests and systems and makes up for the non-screen version you originally wanted. So looks like you paved the way for my request in a way, thanks!

12.35 kW - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=67749

Comment

• sunpoweredev
                Solar Fanatic
                • Mar 2019

Originally posted by NJturtlePower

Very nice surprize indeed sunpoweredev , and I'm sure it's no accident being that you and I have both been bugging them about the RGM inverter option. There has likely been some discussions in the GPE office about our requests and systems and makes up for the non-screen version you originally wanted. So looks like you paved the way for my request in a way, thanks!
                The crew is here now installing the racking. I asked the guy if the RGM inverter means there wont' be a separate RGM, he says when the team comes and actually does the electrical work and the line tap, they will install a separate RGM. Perhaps he doesn't know about the switch to the RGM inverter. I guess I will find out in the next couple of days.

Not a good feeling hearing them drilling all over the new roof.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Aug 2013

FWIW, one thing of many I learned while watching (mostly from the ground) the ~ 130+ arrays that have so far been installed in my HOA is how many holes get drilled in roofs that seem to go "thump" about 3-5 seconds after the drill starts, with another hole immediately drilled and located in a place that appears to be immediately adjacent to the hole just drilled. If folks knew how much daylight and empty space is being created in their roof deck, or its longer term consequences, they might be concerned. I always suggest that my neighbors sit on their roofs, out of the way during installs and watch, and then bitch when they see what goes on (or doesn't go on) during an install. Of course no one does. Of all those installs, there's probably ~ 100 roofs with ticking leak problems.

Comment

• sunpoweredev
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Mar 2019

FWIW, one thing of many I learned while watching (mostly from the ground) the ~ 130+ arrays that have so far been installed in my HOA is how many holes get drilled in roofs that seem to go "thump" about 3-5 seconds after the drill starts, with another hole immediately drilled and located in a place that appears to be immediately adjacent to the hole just drilled. If folks knew how much daylight and empty space is being created in their roof deck, or its longer term consequences, they might be concerned. I always suggest that my neighbors sit on their roofs, out of the way during installs and watch, and then bitch when they see what goes on (or doesn't go on) during an install. Of course no one does. Of all those installs, there's probably ~ 100 roofs with ticking leak problems.
                    Thanks. I feel better now

Comment

• J.P.M.
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Aug 2013

Thanks. I feel better now
                      You're welcome. But I seem to detect a note of sarcasm in your response.

As I wrote, take it FWIW. Just relating what I've seen over the last 12 years. Maybe it's of no use. Maybe it's of some current use. Or, maybe it'll be a useful clue some rainy night in the future.

As usual, and in any case, take what you want of my stuff. Scrap the rest.

Comment

• sunpoweredev
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Mar 2019

You're welcome. But I seem to detect a note of sarcasm in your response.

As I wrote, take it FWIW. Just relating what I've seen over the last 12 years. Maybe it's of no use. Maybe it's of some current use. Or, maybe it'll be a useful clue some rainy night in the future.

As usual, and in any case, take what you want of my stuff. Scrap the rest.
                        Yeah, because 100 out of 130 have leaks?! Wow. I took a peek up in the attic and it was complete darkness. Good sign perhaps

Comment

• NJturtlePower
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Apr 2019

The crew is here now installing the racking. I asked the guy if the RGM inverter means there wont' be a separate RGM, he says when the team comes and actually does the electrical work and the line tap, they will install a separate RGM. Perhaps he doesn't know about the switch to the RGM inverter. I guess I will find out in the next couple of days.

Yeah the way that the operations guy Mike S. was responding to me is that they would prefer to add the cheap external RGM regardless of the RGM inverter option. I'm not opposed to that, and if anything will add a layer of redundancy to the system at no additional cost to me, so have at it.

I hear you about the roof knowing they'll likely be adding about 100 penetrations between the racking and wire runs, but fingers crossed and faith in a careful, competent and accurate install.

I'm going to try and spot check my attic today actually, because if they are any faults with my new roof this rain in the past two days should surely show it by now.

Comment

• sunpoweredev
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Mar 2019

Just saw this box which wasn't on the packing list. What does this electric meter do? I saw the spec sheet on SolarEdge website which says this is an "energy meter with ModBus connection" but still unsure what its function is.

Edit: wait a minute, does it function as the consumption meter? ButchDeal may we pick your brain once more please
                            https://www.solaredge.com/sites/defa...umption_na.pdf

SE.JPG
                            Last edited by sunpoweredev; 06-19-2019, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• NJturtlePower
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Apr 2019

Just saw this box which wasn't on the packing list. What does this electric meter do? I saw the spec sheet on SolarEdge website which says this is an "energy meter with ModBus connection" but still unsure what its function is.

Edit: wait a minute, does it function as the consumption meter?
                              https://www.solaredge.com/sites/defa...umption_na.pdf

SE.JPG
                              Is that not the RGM add-on for the Inverter? Guessing it doesn't come pre-installed? ButchDeal

You didn't add a Consumption meter did you?
                              Last edited by NJturtlePower; 06-19-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• sunpoweredev
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Mar 2019

Originally posted by NJturtlePower

Is that not the RGM add-on for the Inverter? Guessing it doesn't come pre-installed? ButchDeal

You didn't add a Consumption meter did you?
                                Not sure if it's the RGM addon. Perhaps? But per that SolarEdge PDF it monitors consumption. No I didn't buy the consumption meter.

BTW if I'm clogging up your thread please do tell. I just thought maybe you find this informative.

Comment

Working...