Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• azdave
    replied
    Originally posted by dat
    Can we have a thread about people post how much they pay for their system $/watt, what is their configuration, and where they are from?
    Gilbert, AZ (Phoenix area) SRP utility grid-tie
    6.63 kW
    26 255W Hanwha panels.
    Power One PVI-6000 w/monitoring.
    Installed on cement tile roof (48 standoffs).
    All design approvals, permits, SRP paperwork and HOA requirements handled by installer.

$2.71 Watt full turn-key system before incentives.
    After all incentives and discounts $1.68 watt.

Provides 120% of my current needs (needs expected to increase soon so that is why 120% now).

SRP will be out on Thursday morning to place the meter so I'll soon be online I hope.
    Last edited by azdave; 10-08-2014, 04:27 PM. Reason: fixed spec info

Leave a comment:

• Mike848
    replied
    Originally posted by sensij
    Are you willing to share to installers name? I sent you a pm, if you would like to respond.
    If you don't mind, I would be interested in learning the name of this installer as well. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Alisobob
    replied
    6.5 Kw Solarworld MONO panels/ Enphase microinveter package
    Lifetime Envoy Monitoring
    Roof repapered under all panel areas, 25 year leak warranty
    8 ga. wire runs to panel, all attic run
    Some roof vents relocated
    Orange County Ca

$3.44 per watt, before tax credit

Leave a comment:

• chunglau
    replied
    Originally posted by dat
    Can we have a thread about people post how much they pay for their system $/watt, what is their configuration, and where they are from?
    The best quote I got, in the Bay Area, is $3.75/W for a 3.92KW system, using older LG panels and Enphase micro-inverters.

Leave a comment:

• flem0061
    replied
    Twin Cities, MN system about to be installed - 7.38Kw TenK Solar panels $4.30/watt. Commercial installer and includes egauge consumptive monitoring.

Leave a comment:

• thejq
    replied
    4.8 KW, 16 x LG300N1C, SolarEdge optimizer + SE6000A with Zigbee in Carlsbad (San Diego county), CA. ~$3.5/W

Leave a comment:

• dat
    replied
    Thank you for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• remnokc
    replied
    16.575kw SolarEdge System using 65 Conergy 255w panels, $3.15/w total installed price. labor, permitting, design, shipping, net-meetering agreement, all inclusive. SouthCenteral Wisconsin 73 miles SW of Milwaukee and 90 miles NW of Chicago.

edit-before federal incentives.
    Last edited by remnokc; 10-04-2014, 04:21 PM. Reason: add text.

Leave a comment:

• sensij
    replied
    Originally posted by gsxrmike
    So you're installing a 6.12kW system with CS panels and Enphase micro inverters for ~ $21,481.20?

1) What made you choose Micro Inverters? Did you happen to research SolarEdge?
    2) Why did you choose CS panels? I don't think Sun Power is worth the premium that one pays up front (even if they are more efficient in 20 years), but there are other great options besides CS.

I just paid $3.38 / watt for a 8.4kW system here in So Cal with LG 300W panels and a SolarEdge inverter (with extended warranty AND wi-fi monitoring add-on). That's also from one of the most reputable installers here. And I didn't have to negotiate for that price, they came out the gate with that, which is much lower than the competition.

Just some thoughts...
    Are you willing to share to installers name? I sent you a pm, if you would like to respond.

Leave a comment:

• dat
    replied
    Originally posted by gsxrmike
    So you're installing a 6.12kW system with CS panels and Enphase micro inverters for ~ $21,481.20?

2) Why did you choose CS panels? I don't think Sun Power is worth the premium that one pays up front (even if they are more efficient in 20 years), but there are other great options besides CS.

I just paid $3.38 / watt for a 8.4kW system here in So Cal with LG 300W panels and a SolarEdge inverter (with extended warranty AND wi-fi monitoring add-on). That's also from one of the most reputable installers here. And I didn't have to negotiate for that price, they came out the gate with that, which is much lower than the competition.

Just some thoughts...
    1) No, I did not research SolarEdge, but I like micro inverters.
    2) Because my installer quoted that way. I live in San Jose so the cost is a little more than So Cal. I don't need a perfect system or cheapest price. I just need something reasonable. I do not want to spend more time to find a better deal because I do not think it can be much cheaper in San Jose. The installer needs to make a living too. I just don't want to be ripped off.
    Edit:
    2) Major PV energy provider Canadian Solar has been selected to supply 43MW of its CS6P255P modules to the second largest solar power plant project in Japan, according to the company.
    The company will supply 168,300 of its 60 cell CS6P255P modules (255Wp) with delivery expected to start in May 2014 and to be completed in February 2015.

Leave a comment:

• easye
    replied
    $3.23 watt Solarworld Protect 275. 8.8kw Solaredge inverters and optimizers Dallas, TX. Price before incentives. $1.32 after incentives and tax rebate.

Leave a comment:

• dat
    replied
    Originally posted by J.P.M.
    I think questions are great. I generate them all the time. They are the offspring of curiosity. But when I don't understand something, I first ask myself what is happening.

Some things about questions taught to me when I was learning to be polite and respectful: Try to know the answer before you ask the question of others. You may not get it all right, but you'll probably learn something on your own. Bonus: You may just get it right and maybe not waste someone's time by doing something for yourself. More bonus: Your question will probably be better formulated. More bonus: It helps break the self absorbed attitude of feeling special, superior and entitled to be catered to and spoon fed everything on demand.

Add: In school, my questions were most often answered in a Socratic fashion with another question, which I later learned was one method of attempting to get me to think and learn on my own.
    I don't feel that way. I totally understand the question, but I still asked. Let me make it clear.
    What is the name of this forum? Solar Panel System for owners, so the people who come here are home owners, is it correct?
    Why do the home owners come here? Because they want to install solar panels and want to save money and save time.
    So, what do I do to save money and time? Read, research, and ask. If I don't ask, I will spend more time to read. If you have time, that is fine to read more. I do not have time, then I ask to save time. Another reason to ask is I do not believe what I read on the net. I need more data to find the correct answer or an answer that is reasonable. So asking is the most efficient way, and I appreciate your answers in other threads.

For people that do not want to answer, please keep quiet and ignore my post because you do not want to help. You don't have to tell me to read because the information is there. It will take hours and days or even months to read and find enough information. I do not have that much time, even if I have time, I do not want to spend that much time. In three days, I was able to find an installer with cheap price. I only keep this thread to help people come after me. Again, this is only my personal opinion. Personal opinion is not right or wrong. It is just my choice.

Leave a comment:

• gsxrmike
    replied
    Originally posted by dat
    You can think that way. I already chose my installer so it does not matter to me anymore. I only come to this forum for entertainment and learning. I think it's fun and help people who want to install solar in the future. It will save people time and effort. If anyone does not want to help then you do not have to.
    By the way, the system I am going to install is $3.51 per watt. The configuration is 6.12kW, 24 Canadian Solar panels Model: CS6P-255P with Enphase M215. The location is San Jose, California. I just ask my installer a quote for Sunpower and waiting for his quote. I may upgrade to Sunpower if the price is right.
    Last, I want to thank everyone who help me in the last three days.

Just some thoughts...

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by silversaver
    When you don't understand something, you ask question.

I think JPM has the answer for you.
    I think questions are great. I generate them all the time. They are the offspring of curiosity. But when I don't understand something, I first ask myself what is happening.

Some things about questions taught to me when I was learning to be polite and respectful: Try to know the answer before you ask the question of others. You may not get it all right, but you'll probably learn something on your own. Bonus: You may just get it right and maybe not waste someone's time by doing something for yourself. More bonus: Your question will probably be better formulated. More bonus: It helps break the self absorbed attitude of feeling special, superior and entitled to be catered to and spoon fed everything on demand.

Add: In school, my questions were most often answered in a Socratic fashion with another question, which I later learned was one method of attempting to get me to think and learn on my own.

Leave a comment:

• silversaver
    replied
    Originally posted by dat
    Hahaha. Reading, observing, and researching are ways to learn. Asking is also another way to learn. Did you ask your teacher in class when you were in school?
    When you don't understand something, you ask question.

I think JPM has the answer for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...