Price paid per watt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike848
    replied
    I asked about the final payment as well since both my prospective installers wanted it at the time the city inspector approves the final inspection instead of when I receive the interconnection approval letter from the utility. One installer told me that having paid the full price of the system was a requirement for applying for the utility rebate, but since there is no more rebate money available, my installer was willing to let me hold back a small final payment until I receive the approval letter from the utility. My guess is that the holdback is the exception rather than the rule, but it never hurts to ask the installer for a holdback until the approval letter.

Leave a comment:

• mdpo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bikerscum
    It was that way with my install also.
    Thanks Bikerscum... at least i know that this is not extraordinary

Leave a comment:

• Bikerscum
    replied
    Originally posted by mdpo
    Funny, my installer is giving me the final billing since the city inspector has signed off already not the ok letter from POCO. Is this normal?
    It was that way with my install also.

Leave a comment:

• mdpo
    replied
    re:

Originally posted by silversaver
    The ok letter from POCO, so your installer can bill you the final payment.
    Funny, my installer is giving me the final billing since the city inspector has signed off already not the ok letter from POCO. Is this normal?

Leave a comment:

• silversaver
    replied
    Originally posted by dat
    What is the final approval letter?
    The ok letter from POCO, so your installer can bill you the final payment.

Leave a comment:

• dat
    replied
    Originally posted by silversaver
    I still recall my final approval letter were on Dec 28th 2013. Otherwise I'll have to wait for whole year before I can claim the tax credit.
    What is the final approval letter?

Leave a comment:

• silversaver
    replied
    I still recall my final approval letter were on Dec 28th 2013. Otherwise I'll have to wait for whole year before I can claim the tax credit.

Leave a comment:

• dat
    replied
    Originally posted by thejq
    Congrats. Good luck with the installation. Too bad, the best time of the year has passed, but at least you can finish before year end and claim the tax credit right away.
    Thank you. Yes, I want to finish before the year end to get the tax money right away . Also, the price in slow season is cheaper than busy season.

Leave a comment:

• thejq
    replied
    Congrats. Good luck with the installation. Too bad, the best time of the year has passed, but at least you can finish before year end and claim the tax credit right away.

Leave a comment:

• dat
    replied
    Finally signed the contract today. $24100 for 7.14kW = $3.38/watt for 28 Canadian Solar CS6P-255P panels, Enphase M215 micro inverters, and Enlighten Envoy monitor in San Jose, CA.
    I also upgrade main service panel from 100A to 200A for $2500 plus a new circuit with two new outside outlets for $300. Total is $26900.00 before incentive. The contractor has over 35 reviews with all 5 star at Solar reviews.

Leave a comment:

• azdave
    replied
    Originally posted by remnokc
    is that price for DIY or professional install?

(oops, sorry I see you mentioned 'installer') my bad - but WoW!! that is a GREAT PRICE.
    Yes, professionally done and turn-key so all I did was sign docs.

I had quite a few companies quote the job and I was really shocked how far apart the prices were. The companies that strongly wanted to sign me to a lease came back with rediculous prices for a purchased system and tried to get me to sign immediately on the spot with some bogus discount that expired in under 24 hours. When I told them I was only interested in a purchase, half of them stopped calling.

The two lowest priced companies were both very close in their final cost. In the end, I chose a local company with a great reputation that has a blem free record with the ROC, BBB, etc.

Once we agreed on a price I got them to give me a further discount by offering to pay a large portion of the cost before they even started the design process. To optimize my "after-incentives" discounts I then put the entire purchase on a cash-back credit card (which I paid off immediately) to avoid interest.

Leave a comment:

• Carl_NH
    replied
    Originally posted by remnokc

(oops, sorry I see you mentioned 'installer') my bad - but WoW!! that is a GREAT PRICE.
    Yes - that is a great price! It appears the costs are lower in west and sunny regions. I can only assume that this is due to 1) higher volume and more installations, 2) consistent year around installations and more local installers mean more competitive pricing.

The colder climates most installers can work maybe 9 months on average unless they do ground based systems or larger commercial installations.

Pricing does drop a lot though above 7KW it appears - as installation of a few more panels doesn't cost that much more.

Leave a comment:

• remnokc
    replied
    Hey azdave!

Leave a comment:

• azdave
    replied
    Let's try this again. I posted yesterday afternoon but it disappeared not long after that. I got an email notice today that advised me someone else replied to the thread so my post must have been here at one point if I got auto-subscribed to the thread.

Anyway, I'm a new member but have been lurking and reading for quite a while before I decide to join up.

I'm in Gilbert, AZ USA. (metro Phoenix area) and my purchased system should go online tomorrow around noon.

6.63kW
    26 255W Hanwha panels.
    Power One PVI-6000 Inverter w/monitoring installed inside garage.
    Cement tile roof with 48 stand-offs.
    22 degrees tilt facing south, no shading issues.
    Salt River Project utility grid-tie system
    System should produce 120% of my current needs, I over-bought on capacity as I know my electrical needs will increase in the next 2 years. Estimated break-even is just over 8 years.

$2.71 per watt before incentives, $18,000 paid up front.
    $1.68 per watt after all incentives and discounts applied. ($11,170 final price)

SRP is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning to sign-off on the system and I’ll be producing electricity soon!

---Mod Note: Some posts which contain URL links or otherwise trigger a filter are now automatically listed for "moderation", which means that the post will not be visible to regular members until approved by a moderator.
    Both of your posts were diverted to moderation. You will just have to be patient in the future.
    This was a necessary measure to reduce spam load on the forum.
    PS: A moderator or admin would still be able to see your post and reply to it, without releasing it from moderation first. That might explain the email you received.
    Last edited by inetdog; 10-08-2014, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Carl_NH
    replied
    Installing 21 LG300 with SolarEdge optimizers and 6kW inverter 3.83W Coastal NH price is installed with all permits, rebates filed etc.

Did some calculations on various system sizes and wattages attached as PDF.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...