Price paid per watt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buellwinkle
    replied
    I paid $3.22/w in So Cal for 7KW system using LG 280W panels, SMA inverter. I came up with what I wanted, then got bids to install exactly that. Was tired of getting bids from places like Solar City that used Chinese panels at top dollar prices. The system is up and running, but waiting for electric company permission to operate, any day now. The price was before fed tax credit, so $2.25/w if you factor that in.

Leave a comment:

• rbtripathi
    replied
    Originally posted by dat
    PM sent. The two quotes are from the same installer, just different system sizes. As you see, my price is higher for 6kW, so if you look at 4kW system, I do not know if you will get this price.
    Thanks Dat, got the PM and already talked to the installer.

Leave a comment:

• dat
    replied
    Originally posted by rbtripathi
    Hello dat,

Can you share the name of installer who gave you $3.38/W in San Jose, CA. Thanks
    PM sent. The two quotes are from the same installer, just different system sizes. As you see, my price is higher for 6kW, so if you look at 4kW system, I do not know if you will get this price.

Leave a comment:

• rbtripathi
    replied
    Originally posted by dat
    Finally signed the contract today. $24100 for 7.14kW = $3.38/watt for 28 Canadian Solar CS6P-255P panels, Enphase M215 micro inverters, and Enlighten Envoy monitor in San Jose, CA.
    I also upgrade main service panel from 100A to 200A for $2500 plus a new circuit with two new outside outlets for $300. Total is $26900.00 before incentive. The contractor has over 35 reviews with all 5 star at Solar reviews.
    Hello dat,

Can you share the name of installer who gave you $3.38/W in San Jose, CA. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• rbtripathi
    replied
    Originally posted by dat
    You can think that way. I already chose my installer so it does not matter to me anymore. I only come to this forum for entertainment and learning. I think it's fun and help people who want to install solar in the future. It will save people time and effort. If anyone does not want to help then you do not have to.
    By the way, the system I am going to install is $3.51 per watt. The configuration is 6.12kW, 24 Canadian Solar panels Model: CS6P-255P with Enphase M215. The location is San Jose, California. I just ask my installer a quote for Sunpower and waiting for his quote. I may upgrade to Sunpower if the price is right.
    Last, I want to thank everyone who help me in the last three days.
    Hello, can you please PM me the installer who quoted you $3.51 in San Jose, California? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• rbtripathi
    replied
    Originally posted by slopoke
    6.9 kW system, LG-300 watt panels and Enphase M250 micro inverters. $3.70 per watt before incentives. Livermore California.
    Hello, Can you please PM me the name of Installer. I'm from Bay Area and looking for a 4KW system and only getting quotes for more than $4.00/W

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by PVpower
    Oh, sorry if this isn't helpful or permitted. I used this forum quite a bit for information and actually got a referral on here that saved me money. I thought it might be useful for those that are looking.
    The problem arises because your referral puts skin in the game for you. You can be as honest and virtuous as anyone on the planet but your suggestion of a referral code removes objectivity and puts the profit motive front/center.

Leave a comment:

• PVpower
    replied
    Originally posted by russ
    Come on - trying for the "screw your buddy" kickback on your first day?
    Oh, sorry if this isn't helpful or permitted. I used this forum quite a bit for information and actually got a referral on here that saved me money. I thought it might be useful for those that are looking.

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    Originally posted by PVpower
    I just signed a contract for an install of a 5.75kW system

New York
    Purchased through Sungevity
    23 Hyundai Heavy Industries HiS-M250MG(BK)
    SMA SB5000TL-US-22 inverter
    $3.55/watt prior to incentives
    $1.19/watt post all rebates/incentives

For those of you in NY, NY state also has a good financing program for energy related projects. 3.49%. I'm taking a five year loan to cover the out of pocket expenses and will be cash positive on day one (my loan payment is less than my estimated electricity bill reduction). In other words, I'm actually purchasing the system with no money down and seeing savings.

If anyone is interested in getting quote from Sungevity, using a referral code (mine is xxxxxx) will save you $500.
    Come on - trying for the "screw your buddy" kickback on your first day?

Leave a comment:

• PVpower
    replied
    I just signed a contract for an install of a 5.75kW system

New York
    Purchased through Sungevity
    23 Hyundai Heavy Industries HiS-M250MG(BK)
    SMA SB5000TL-US-22 inverter
    $3.55/watt prior to incentives
    $1.19/watt post all rebates/incentives

For those of you in NY, NY state also has a good financing program for energy related projects. 3.49%. I'm taking a five year loan to cover the out of pocket expenses and will be cash positive on day one (my loan payment is less than my estimated electricity bill reduction). In other words, I'm actually purchasing the system with no money down and seeing savings.

If anyone is interested in getting quote from Sungevity, using a referral code (mine is 76334) will save you $500.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Montrose
    First post, seemed like a good spot..

Massachusetts
    Purchased through Sungevity (Local Installer: Boston Solar)
    36 Hyundai Heavy Industries HiS-M245MG(BK) (254 Watt panels)
    SolarEdge Technologies SE 7600A-US
    Installed in early October on new construction, large roof with straightforward install. Permits signed off, now waiting on electric company.
    3.38/watt pre rebate/credits. Sungevity goofed on quote and I was not eligible for a 2K State Rebate that they quoted me, but to their credit they ate it. That brought my actual to 3.15/watt pre rebate/credits.
    After all rebates/credits should be 2.09/watt.
    I have no idea what prices are like in MA, but $3.38/nameplate Watt would be decent in CA.

Leave a comment:

• Montrose
    replied
    First post, seemed like a good spot..

Massachusetts
    Purchased through Sungevity (Local Installer: Boston Solar)
    36 Hyundai Heavy Industries HiS-M245MG(BK) (254 Watt panels)
    SolarEdge Technologies SE 7600A-US
    Installed in early October on new construction, large roof with straightforward install. Permits signed off, now waiting on electric company.
    3.38/watt pre rebate/credits. Sungevity goofed on quote and I was not eligible for a 2K State Rebate that they quoted me, but to their credit they ate it. That brought my actual to 3.15/watt pre rebate/credits.
    After all rebates/credits should be 2.09/watt.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Artie
    I thought that people here report price before tax credits/rebates by default. So it is before tax credits/rebates. It is now $20K for that system. Decided not to go with microinvertors. No, I am not in solar business
    Thank you for the confirmation. That price may well be a game changer in the price arena for solar.

Leave a comment:

• Artie
    replied
    Originally posted by J.P.M.
    Is that before or after fed./local tax credits and other price reductions like employee discounts etc. such as they may be available ?

Folks usually report full retail price and system size in nameplate (D.C.) Watts. It seems to help avoid confusion. If you paid $3.86 before tax credits/rebates for S.P. 345's, you're going to get more than a few P.M.'s.

If after fed. tax credit, $3.86/.7 = $5.51/Watt and more like the usual Sunpower scourge.

Was that price after the $21,000 for 15 - 345's ~= $4.06/Watt as you reported a couple of months ago ? Are you a S.P. dealer/installer ?
    I thought that people here report price before tax credits/rebates by default. So it is before tax credits/rebates. It is now $20K for that system. Decided not to go with microinvertors. No, I am not in solar business

Leave a comment:

• solarjmp
    replied
    Then I had another company quote me $4.00 for LG or Solarworld for however many panels I wanted, thought this was odd as I expected some economies of scale with a large system.

That's it for now, I have another company coming Monday night. Still looking for that below $3.50 quote.

Leave a comment:

Working...