Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon to NJ - 12.35 kW Hanwha DUO-G5 + SolarEdge Inverter/Optimizers by GPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SunEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

People see what they want to see and read stuff into ads. While it may be called a calculator, it's still an oversimplification, a come on and a sales pitch that can lead more than few to poor choices due to their ignorance. If that's not deception then, IMO only, it's B.S. that uses people's ignorance against them to sell them less than an optimum solution to their (perceived) needs.
    That is pretty much how I feel on the subject.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Ampster View Post

Of course as flowing said it is a calculator not an ad. He said he was consisering it for short power outages. .
    People see what they want to see and read stuff into ads. While it may be called a calculator, it's still an oversimplification, a come on and a sales pitch that can lead more than few to poor choices due to their ignorance. If that's not deception then, IMO only, it's B.S. that uses people's ignorance against them to sell them less than an optimum solution to their (perceived) needs.

Leave a comment:

• jordgubbe
    replied
    I got mine installed yesterday, too. I'd called them on Saturday since the GPE rep who did our final walk through had said to follow up if I hadn't heard anything. They came bright and early and were gone before I even realized.

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    So I received a phone call from Green Power on Sunday (Yes, Sunday) in regard to installation of my "Critter Guards" now two weeks after my PTO.

The fact that GPE is even making these calls and scheduling on a Sunday is a great reassurance and testament to their customer service and responsiveness IMO.

So yeah, they (Solar Pest Solutions) showed up yesterday for the install and left exactly 1-hour later. Looks very clean and neat to me.

* SPS Contact Info Attached Below

IMG_1640.JPG
    Attached Files
    Last edited by solar pete; 10-26-2019, 04:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ampster
    replied
    Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

The advertisement is misleading to anyone that does not understand a solar/battery system.
    Of course as flowing said it is a calculator not an ad. He said he was consisering it for short power outages. .
    Last edited by Ampster; 09-14-2019, 11:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• flowing
    replied

The problem is that the advertisement does not say clearly is that you need an XX kw pv system working to recharge that battery system so you can get 30kWh per day.

What I want is the ad to say what each powerwall is rated in daily kWh and what size pv system you need to get them back to 100%.

The advertisement is misleading to anyone that does not understand a solar/battery system.

It actually asks what size system you have, how much you consume a day.... it's a calculator that estimate was for a 13kw solar system.

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by NJturtlePower View Post

It's stated right there in the screenshot, "estimated at 30 kWh per day", so for you about 5-days.

But don't you think you would have some solar generation during that time to recharge them?
    The problem is that the advertisement does not say clearly is that you need an XX kw pv system working to recharge that battery system so you can get 30kWh per day.

What I want is the ad to say what each powerwall is rated in daily kWh and what size pv system you need to get them back to 100%.

Leave a comment:

• ButchDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by flowing View Post
    I almost pulled the trigger on a single Tesla Powerwall.... so it could cover small outages and still run solar during those times. They recommend two of them.... but one should last an entire day.
    The reason is that it is AC coupled so the battery needs to be able to take the full charge from your array, larger array means more batteries.

Leave a comment:

• jordgubbe
    replied
    I can't speak for anyone else, but out in my quasi-rural area, we experience half a dozen to a dozen minor outages (<1 hour) in a given year and have had one major, multi-day outage after an ice storm two winters ago. While the picture of uninterrupted comfort is nice, given what it costs to actually operate a whole home generator, do people really maintain normal consumption patterns while islanded?

Seems like a reasonably sized battery + solar could keep the well and septic pumps running and a minimum amount of lights and miscellany going for a good while even with cloudy skies. Of course, you could buy a lot of nights in a decent hotel for the cost of two power walls, also.

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    7 Days with two powerwalls + Solar.
    Fail !
    Your grid is down because a storm came through. That could mean lawn chairs on your solar array, heavy clouds, or zombies.

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied

Think about what they are saying. I use over 40kWh a day and I would expect those powerwalls are not rated 20kWh each so 7 days worth of power would be an overestimation
    It's stated right there in the screenshot, "estimated at 30 kWh per day", so for you about 5-days.

But don't you think you would have some solar generation during that time to recharge them?

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied

Think about what they are saying. I use over 40kWh a day and I would expect those powerwalls are not rated 20kWh each so 7 days worth of power would be an overestimation

Leave a comment:

• flowing
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post
    1 powerwall may last you a day, but how many will it take to last overnight ?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    shet Hey, just noticed your post on the other GPE thread and figured I would tag you here on mine in case you haven't seen my journey.

Post #1 will give you most the details and the rest has just been design and equipment debates, install updates, off track ramblings by myself and others and finally my PTO 10-days ago.

Nice to see some older GPE install folks around...guessing yours was pre-critter guards included based on your recent issues. Anyways, feel free to follow along here and at my PVoutput link in my signature. See ya round!

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    1 powerwall may last you a day, but how many will it take to last overnight ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X