X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    Originally posted by sunpoweredev
    @NJturtlePower, how's your system been doing in December? My production fell off the cliff, even compared to November's 794kWh, and never mind the peak in August at 1.7MWh - three weeks into December and it generated a whopping 147kWh In August on a perfect day it made 76kWh IIRC in a single day. My problem here is even couple inches of snow will stick around for 4-5 days since I'm pretty high up, so much of this month my panels are covered. Even after the warm day we had yesterday, four of the panels are still covered in ice. Brushing the snow off is out of the question for me.

I might as well call JCP&L now and reset my anniversary to March. Should it be on March 1st or April 1st? I'm guessing March 1st.

For some reason I can't tag forum members any more, so I figure I'd ask you in your thread. Have a great holiday!
    As others mentioned, the first 15 or so days of Dec. were terrible between the cloudy, rainy and snowy days in most of NJ. Luckily, the last week has turned around pretty nicely, although I'm still less than 50% to my estimated 805 kWh monthly production.

s1.jpg
    In better news, I successfully traded my first 3 SREC's for $648 last week. Starting to feel like a real income source. And although I haven't been able to bank anything just yet starting so late in the season, I can't complain with electric bills totalling only $45 (Oct) $8 (Nov) and $8 (Dec).

I have yet to reset my "Solar Year" with JCP&L but i'll get to it soon... March 1st it is!

Have a great Christmas/Holiday/Winter Break to you and all the others following along here.

happy-holidays1-resized-600.jpg
    Last edited by NJturtlePower; 12-24-2019, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    [QUOTE=sunpoweredev;n409495]Where I am, summer is typically 6-8 degrees cooler than say NYC, and we pay it back in the winter when it's the opposite, too bad I can't have it both ways./QUOTE]

You can. Do what I did. Move to San Diego.

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied
    @jordgubbe @macaddict you guys will be at least 50% of November. As of right now I'm at 1/5 my November production lol.

Where I am, summer is typically 6-8 degrees cooler than say NYC, and we pay it back in the winter when it's the opposite, too bad I can't have it both ways. So even a small amount of snow will stick around for a while, and that's assuming the sky clears up. In fact, a lot of times when we get an inch or 2, I drive down this hill and there's nothing at all.

At least the sun will start getting higher again now.

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by flowing
    Just tried posting a reply and it says "Unapproved"
    I approved your posts. I am not sure why there was an issue.

Leave a comment:

• flowing
    replied
    Just tried posting a reply and it says "Unapproved"

Leave a comment:

• flowing
    replied
    Hey, my solar edge stopped communicating on 12/16 I just noticed. I sent a support request. The second meter they installed is failing... the screen is degrading. Check to see when the last time SolarEdge portal was updated.

Leave a comment:

• macaddict
    replied
    You are not the only one seeing decreased production this month. It has been a cloudy December. Luckily I'm making up this week with all the sunny days we are having. This is what my system has produced against what was expected.
    Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 9.21.37 AM.png

Leave a comment:

• jordgubbe
    replied
    I'm not surprised this is the case, but it's nice to know I'm not alone. Our production was almost equal between October and November, but about 60% of what we did in September. This month we're on track to hit about 60% of November's number. It's kind of neat to see the relative position of the sun charted over time as clear day production values, although it's making me look forward to spring and summer in a way I'm not accustomed to, haha.

Leave a comment:

• sunpoweredev
    replied
    @NJturtlePower, how's your system been doing in December? My production fell off the cliff, even compared to November's 794kWh, and never mind the peak in August at 1.7MWh - three weeks into December and it generated a whopping 147kWh In August on a perfect day it made 76kWh IIRC in a single day. My problem here is even couple inches of snow will stick around for 4-5 days since I'm pretty high up, so much of this month my panels are covered. Even after the warm day we had yesterday, four of the panels are still covered in ice. Brushing the snow off is out of the question for me.

I might as well call JCP&L now and reset my anniversary to March. Should it be on March 1st or April 1st? I'm guessing March 1st.

For some reason I can't tag forum members any more, so I figure I'd ask you in your thread. Have a great holiday!

Leave a comment:

• DJRNJ05
    replied
    Thanks! I'd expect to get the 26% credit from everything I read. I've heard from different installers that it's when major installation starts, but tax forms seem to indicate completion date for non-businesses. Also, I figure there is a good chance that I'll be in the SREC interim program - but I'd still like to try to get in the current program. I understand it's crunch time due to end of year and holidays (plus weather), but I don't understand ignoring my emails. Just a total lack of communication at this point - which concerns me. I don't even know who is in charge of my project to contact. That's why I wondered about your experience in that week long phase. I'll make a phone call on Monday. Thanks again for your input.

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    Originally posted by DJRNJ05
    Hi NJTurtlePower. New member here who also chose GPE. Saw many positive GPE reviews on Energy Sage and read through many posts in this thread. I felt really good going with GPE. I had my site survey first thing AM on 11/8 and have heard nothing since. I've sent a few emails as suggested by my sales guy and had no response.

Thank you so much for sharing the timeline in post #213. Could you elaborate a little more of what happened between site survey and design approval? Did they contact you at all between 4/16 and 4/24?
    First off, congrats on your GPE solar journey!

I'm glad to hear my timeline was helpful, but my initial response right now would be to expect some significantly longer waiting periods.

I say this because first off this is crunch time to squeeze in every last install possible to quality for the full 30% federal credit. There seems to be some debate even among GPE of at what point a system qualifies. What did they tell you in regards to this?

Second reason to expect additional dead time is the upcoming holiday season. Even if not so much on GPE's end, much of the permitting and approvals is in the hands of State and local agencies which will for sure be affected.

Lastly, the combination of the volumes of pending installs and the two factors above PLUS weather delays this time of year. My advice would be to resort to old fashion phone calls to the GPE office for updates in times of no contact. Obviously bugging them every day doesn't speed anything up but at least they could tell you if your contact is out of the office, unavailable or otherwise just slammed with the year end chaos.

Good news is sometime early next spring you'll be banking some sweet solar rays, so hang in there!!!!

I'm closing in on 3 months of runtime and turning the corner on my third SREC with an $8 electric bill last month due to some poor weather. If you start your own thread feel free to tag me so I can follow along and add any input along the way.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DJRNJ05
    replied
    Hi NJTurtlePower. New member here who also chose GPE. Saw many positive GPE reviews on Energy Sage and read through many posts in this thread. I felt really good going with GPE. I had my site survey first thing AM on 11/8 and have heard nothing since. I've sent a few emails as suggested by my sales guy and had no response.

Thank you so much for sharing the timeline in post #213. Could you elaborate a little more of what happened between site survey and design approval? Did they contact you at all between 4/16 and 4/24?

Leave a comment:

• NJturtlePower
    replied
    Originally posted by jordgubbe

Interestingly, I got an email from GPE this morning announcing a recall of Vision brand rec meters installed this summer. Ours was already replaced a couple of months ago and no problems since, but I wonder how many other people have had problems with them.
    Yup same here. Mine was DOA on the install date and was replaced on the township inspection day...so far so good.

Leave a comment:

• jordgubbe
    replied
    Originally posted by NJturtlePower

Thanks for the info.....

Kinda amusing in a way you're dealing with an SREC meter replacement since that was GPE's argument about ONLY using the RGM inverter option...they said they never fail unlike the inverters.... proved them wrong!
    Interestingly, I got an email from GPE this morning announcing a recall of Vision brand rec meters installed this summer. Ours was already replaced a couple of months ago and no problems since, but I wonder how many other people have had problems with them.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by ButchDeal

I think he meant pvoutput.org not pvwatts.
    Yea, that's what the 2d sentence of my post was about .

Leave a comment:

Working...