Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon to NJ - 12.35 kW Hanwha DUO-G5 + SolarEdge Inverter/Optimizers by GPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flowing View Post
    I almost pulled the trigger on a single Tesla Powerwall.... so it could cover small outages and still run solar during those times. They recommend two of them.... but one should last an entire day.
    The reason is that it is AC coupled so the battery needs to be able to take the full charge from your array, larger array means more batteries.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• Originally posted by NJturtlePower View Post

It's stated right there in the screenshot, "estimated at 30 kWh per day", so for you about 5-days.

But don't you think you would have some solar generation during that time to recharge them?
      The problem is that the advertisement does not say clearly is that you need an XX kw pv system working to recharge that battery system so you can get 30kWh per day.

What I want is the ad to say what each powerwall is rated in daily kWh and what size pv system you need to get them back to 100%.

The advertisement is misleading to anyone that does not understand a solar/battery system.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

The problem is that the advertisement does not say clearly is that you need an XX kw pv system working to recharge that battery system so you can get 30kWh per day.

What I want is the ad to say what each powerwall is rated in daily kWh and what size pv system you need to get them back to 100%.

The advertisement is misleading to anyone that does not understand a solar/battery system.

It actually asks what size system you have, how much you consume a day.... it's a calculator that estimate was for a 13kw solar system.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

Of course as flowing said it is a calculator not an ad. He said he was consisering it for short power outages. .
          Last edited by Ampster; 09-14-2019, 11:50 PM.
          9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• So I received a phone call from Green Power on Sunday (Yes, Sunday) in regard to installation of my "Critter Guards" now two weeks after my PTO.

The fact that GPE is even making these calls and scheduling on a Sunday is a great reassurance and testament to their customer service and responsiveness IMO.

So yeah, they (Solar Pest Solutions) showed up yesterday for the install and left exactly 1-hour later. Looks very clean and neat to me.

* SPS Contact Info Attached Below

IMG_1640.JPG
            Attached Files
            Last edited by solar pete; 10-26-2019, 04:50 PM.
            12.35 kW - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=67749

Comment

• I got mine installed yesterday, too. I'd called them on Saturday since the GPE rep who did our final walk through had said to follow up if I hadn't heard anything. They came bright and early and were gone before I even realized.
              https://www.pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=73948

Comment

• Originally posted by Ampster View Post

Of course as flowing said it is a calculator not an ad. He said he was consisering it for short power outages. .
                People see what they want to see and read stuff into ads. While it may be called a calculator, it's still an oversimplification, a come on and a sales pitch that can lead more than few to poor choices due to their ignorance. If that's not deception then, IMO only, it's B.S. that uses people's ignorance against them to sell them less than an optimum solution to their (perceived) needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

People see what they want to see and read stuff into ads. While it may be called a calculator, it's still an oversimplification, a come on and a sales pitch that can lead more than few to poor choices due to their ignorance. If that's not deception then, IMO only, it's B.S. that uses people's ignorance against them to sell them less than an optimum solution to their (perceived) needs.
                  That is pretty much how I feel on the subject.

Comment

• Yep, that would be called marketing. Sometimes it is even disguised as public relations. I expect we are influenced by it even when we least suspect.
                    We wouldn't have this Forum without the Solar Panel calculator, lead generator in disguise.In finance I always reminded myself to test my assumptions when preparing projections or recomendations. One of the most important assumption to test is whether the data source is somehow skewed by marketing.
                    Last edited by Ampster; 09-17-2019, 10:02 PM.
                    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• So this is a first for me..... suns up, no errors or red light on inverter, but no reporting to SolarEdge portal since 6:15am now almost 3 hours later.

Checked a few followed systems on PVoutput and not seeing any of there data for today ether... SolarEdge outage? Seems to be a thing with a quick Google search....

UPDATE: Back now as well as everyone else...random 4-hour outage I guess.
                      Last edited by NJturtlePower; 10-26-2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Was the blue light on? That happened to me once, where the connection to the monitoring platform errored somehow. After power cycling the inverter, it was fine and back filled my production to PVwatts and the monitoring platform.

Comment

• Originally posted by jordgubbe View Post
                          After power cycling the inverter, it was fine and back filled my production to PVwatts and the monitoring platform.
                          No offense meant here, and just a note, but you do know that unless adjusted, PVWatts data is all on standard time, right ?

If you already account for D.S.T., forget I brought it up.
                          Last edited by J.P.M.; 10-26-2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

No offense meant here, and just a note, but you do know that unless adjusted, PVWatts data is all on standard time, right ?

If you already account for D.S.T., forget I brought it up.
                            I'm not sure I understand. In my case, the reporting outage was an entire production day, where both solaredge and PVwatts reported nothing to the point that PVwatts triggered the "no production for x hours" alert I set up. Good to know that works, incidentally. After I got home from work that day, I reset the inverter. When it came back up the blue light was back and the day's missong production appeared on PVwatts at some point overnight

Comment

• Originally posted by NJturtlePower View Post
                              So this is a first for me..... suns up, no errors or red light on inverter, but no reporting to SolarEdge portal since 6:15am now almost 3 hours later.

Checked a few followed systems on PVoutput and not seeing any of there data for today ether... SolarEdge outage? Seems to be a thing with a quick Google search....

UPDATE: Back now as well as everyone else...random 4-hour outage I guess.
                              Lately on and off the SolarEdge app and the web interface have been very slow to connect. SE is probably having some issues on their end.

Just barely over a month into Fall and production has been steadily dropping. Peak power rarely reach 9kw on my system now, and on those couple of rare cloudless days it generated 46kWh, quite a substantial drop from 76kWh I've seen back in August. I wonder what production looks like in the winter..

Haven't checked in in a while. Have you decided on when to have the anniversary reset with JCP&L? Most everyone including GPE say March is ideal and I'll likely go with it, but wanted to monitor it for a few months and see how it goes. As of yesterday, per the JCP&L meter, I have ~480kWh banked.

BTW, a member posted that an owner's version of SetApp is coming. I will try to find info on it whenever I remember to.
                              https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...725#post405725
                              https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=69875

Comment

• Originally posted by jordgubbe View Post
                                Was the blue light on? That happened to me once, where the connection to the monitoring platform errored somehow. After power cycling the inverter, it was fine and back filled my production to PVwatts and the monitoring platform.
                                Blue light was not on...but just to follow up, even when it did start reporting again later in the day it was hours delayed and intermittent. FYI I'm on hard line Ethernet, not cellular so my reporting so far has always been rock solid.

Must have been some SE server issues going on because like I said it wasn't just me as I searched PVoutput. I checked 4 or 5 systems (including yours) I am following and every one that had a SolarEdge inverter was lagging in data. Example when my data started coming back in about 11am it only filled in data until about 8:30-8:45, later in the day I checked again and was behind a n hour or two as well but by the end of the day everything was there and reported.

I did also cycle the inverter off/on early in the morning along with my router and this did not correct the issue further pointing to a SE issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X