• Jul 2013

Makes great sense for me.

Comment

• bcroe
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2012

Labels

Originally posted by FloridaSun
      ya, I know I do.... everything (but panels) is in it's own lil room behind a chain link door in shop but I don't even have panel disconnect labeled yet. Switch locations are obvious to anyone with solar knowledge but.... 21 year old grandson will be here tomorrow and get a cram course in safety.
      Do you have a good source for labels? Been awhile since I looked.
      I made up a bunch of labels, beyond those on the PV equipment. A custom label with tough
      stickum on the back, can be made up on line as a 3" X 10" bumper sticker, about $3. I put
      what fits on them, cut them up. Bruce Roe

Comment

• FloridaSun
        Solar Fanatic
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by bcroe
        I made up a bunch of labels, beyond those on the PV equipment. A custom label with tough
        stickum on the back, can be made up on line as a 3" X 10" bumper sticker, about $3. I put
        what fits on them, cut them up. Bruce Roe
        That's a great idea, Bruce! Thanks

Comment

• JillC
          • Jul 2013

For those who aren't the habitual DIY-er, is a solar panel kit the way to go? I'm encouraging my boyfriend to go that route, but admittedly I don't know much about the quality of kits, what all they include, how complicated they are to put together, etc.-- in theory seems like a good option for someone who may not be the quintessential "handyman", and who is looking for a less expensive option for a smaller project that doesn't require a huge amount of energy. In researching solar panel kits, I did come across this solar calculator-- seems to be a helpful tool for those looking to build a solar panel system and asking themselves how much power is needed and what the payoff is: http://www.solarcontact.com/solar-calculator

Regardless, my question is whether solar panel kits are really worth the buck?

Comment

• russ
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jul 2009

Jill - Unless one is a very determined and capable DIY type building panels is NOT the way to go. Even then it is only good as a hobby thing for fun.

Connecting DIY panels to your home or the grid will most likely either not be permitted or will invalidate your homeowners insurance.

The solar calculator is pretty much useless - just a way for them to get a hook on you.

Not to mention that much of the information on the site is pure green BS.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...