No announcement yet.

Jesses DIY panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is pretty impressive. Why don't you start a business with this? IDK if someone asked you this question or you already mentioned it in the forum...

Comment

Read the whole thread. Interesting and really thought out. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by jestronix View Post
        2 years no leaks !!
        Hi guys,

Two years in the field, they are still holding strong. Much to my delight, two years ago these DIY were worth it, today with prices having dropped Id be hard pressed to make more, but it was fun and will be interesting to see how they pan out. Ill post yearly updates for those interested hopefully some photos as we go.
        Thanks for the reports. Any more info on the panel that failed? Bruce Roe

Comment

Well 8 years later and 3 out of the five panels are still pushing out some power amazingly it was the crappy painted backing panels that lasted the longest. Rather than full silicone covered cells I simply painted them with house paint lol. They must have dissipated heat better on the back. Either way I'm amazed they held up one panel even has leaks and still pushes a measly 20w lol. Fun project at the time when panels were still fairly expensive. Nowadays they care cheap as.

Comment

Great! Out of my experiences came only one panel that had potential, but haven't found an
            application for one that small. It ought to be checked again now at 4 years. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
            X