No announcement yet.

Price paid per watt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish this website had enough intelligence to flag any question about SMA vs Solaredge and put a big red flashing X on the screen that says:

"USE THE SEARCH FEATURE AND READ ALL ABOUT IT. THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN COVERED A HUNDRED TIMES!!"

Please don't make us all nauseous by dredging this topic up again. This should be a rule of the forum.

Comment

• huge
      huge commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, but how many of them have JPM 's input?

• DaveDE2
      DaveDE2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I suggest you use the search feature and find out.

• huge
      huge commented
      Editing a comment
      I did. Not much and not recently since the new ones came out

• Originally posted by DaveDE2 View Post
    I wish this website had enough intelligence to flag any question about SMA vs Solaredge and put a big red flashing X on the screen that says:

"USE THE SEARCH FEATURE AND READ ALL ABOUT IT. THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN COVERED A HUNDRED TIMES!!"

Please don't make us all nauseous by dredging this topic up again. This should be a rule of the forum.
    It happens all the time on any number of topics. Welcome to reality. Plenty of intelligence, just maybe not effective ways to deal with the repetition. Lots of us don't care for it, but it probably helps revenue.

Comment

• This is in response to someone who wanted to know my contractor.
      Vector Builders.

Admin Note, its fine to mention your installer but please no numbers or links, and I did a search for these guys on www.solarreviews.com and they are not listed, cheers.

Comment

• venvis2001
        venvis2001 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you araghava.

• I just picked up some new panels for .76 a watt

Comment

• New system being installed at our house:

10kW System.
        (36) Hanwha QCell 280 panels
        31 of the panels face mostly south, skewed to the east maybe 5%.
        5 of the panels face mostly west, skewed to to south maybe 5%
        Enphase M250 Micro Inverters

17 of the panels are going on a relatively flat roof and are being mounted with tilted racks. The remaining 19 panels are going on 4 different arrays, just the way our busy roof is.

$2.88/Watt turn key system. That price also includes removing the old evaporative unit from our roof and repairing the roof where it was mounted.

$1.91/Watt after federal and state tax credits.

I seriously considered going the self install route since I've done much electrical work and am handy; but I've got enough on my plate already, and calculated that it was about a net difference in terms of pay back of 1.5 years (part of that calculation was figuring it would take me 9 months to it and get it done.). At the end of the day I value the installers knowledge and experience, the warranty on the roof, and the labor to replace anything that may go wrong under warranty. I also get to claim it against my 2016 taxes going the installer route, small factor but it's something.

Comment

• DaveDE2
          DaveDE2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice job, but if you did it yourself you'd get to tax deduct everything you spent doing it (materials-wise) and could have cut the price in half or so. I get it though, time is money and sounds like you made a good choice all in all.

• DaveDE2, that's just not an accurate statement. I costed out the same system for self install, hiring an electrician for the panel connect, and permitting, and it was 5.2 years payback on self install vs 7.5 years on being done for me. Not double, more yes, but to me the difference was worth the cost. $1.91 is my net cost going with a solar company, you can buy panels for half that price, but not all the Enphase gear, racking, etc.

Comment

• DaveDE2
          DaveDE2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fair enough, I did my own system for about half that but it is using different panels and string inverters instead of micros.
          Last edited by DaveDE2; 09-28-2016, 03:51 PM.

• Trying to get some quotes to consider in socal. What are the latest pricing for LG and Qcells panels combo with SE inverters in the area?

Comment

• Howdy bd307 and welcome to Solar Panel Talk, check out the revamped www.solarreviews.com site they now have info on systems by area and equipment, you can also look for installers that service your area and read reviews etc

Comment

• I found this article. Was pretty happy and gives a good starting point:

Admin Note, sorry pathrunner, I didnt like your link, so here is one that I feel is very similar, cheers,

http://www.solarreviews.com/solar-po...ng-solar-faqs/

Comment

• We are china solar factory,solar panel production factory of xxxxx.The products for our factory price:260W/310W poly solar panel best selling solar panel only 0.35USD/W. material TUV certifications and products insurance, 25 years warranty policy(include 10 years refund and replace policy) for quality ensure.

MOD NOTE. Please do not advertise your product on this forum without first getting permission from the Admin. Attaching any links will get you banned.
              Last edited by SunEagle; 11-04-2016, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pathrunner View Post
                I found this article. Was pretty happy and gives a good starting point:

Admin Note, sorry pathrunner, I didnt like your link, so here is one that I feel is very similar, cheers,

http://www.solarreviews.com/solar-po...ng-solar-faqs/

No worries. Better link for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by bd307 View Post
                  Trying to get some quotes to consider in socal. What are the latest pricing for LG and Qcells panels combo with SE inverters in the area?

Sungevity just did my install with LG300 panels with a Solar Edge 5000 inverter/optimizers. Paid $2.68 /watt. San Jose, CA but I'd imagine pricing would be the same for San Diego, SD might be cheaper.

Admin note, Its fine to mention your installer but not to link to. If you want you can link to their solarreviews.com page
                  http://www.solarreviews.com/installe...evity-reviews/
                  Last edited by solar pete; 11-09-2016, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• My current supplier is at $1.20/Watt for Black QC280 and SolarEdge

Comment

• Originally posted by monroe View Post
                      $3.04/Watt before credits. NJ
                      7.56 kW DC, LG 315W, Solar Edge 7600A, P320 optimizer, Black Unirac, Zigbee wireless, and aesthetic package
                      20 year warranty on Inverter, 25 years panel and optimizer, 10 year rails
                      10 year installation warranty including part and labor, including issues caused directly by the installation, degradation of more that 10% from original rated O/P
                      5 year system inspection and checks
                      I would like to know as well.. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by kommong2 View Post
                        In New Jersey (NJ)

9.3 KW system at $3.01/W installed before rebates this week
                        LG300N1K-G4(Neon 2 all black panles for better aesthetics look) with 25 year warranty
                        Enphase sw280 microinverters with 25 year warranty
                        Enphase Envoy S Monitoring system
                        10 year Labor warranty from local NJ installer
                        total cost about 28k
                        I could have gone cheaper if I had picked solaredge panels and Optimizers instead of microinverters but I am glad to have even better system installed at a reasonable price. Let's hope SREC prices in NJ stay high.
                        Can you please share installer name? I am working on quotes right now and am in NJ. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X