"Revamping the electric grid could yield huge cost savings, SolarCity report says"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Sunking
    This is getting comical. If they have the same IP or originating IP Address guess what? They are the same person. You have the smoking gun in one hand and the other red hand in the cookie jar.
    Come on Dereck, you know very well that two persons can show the same source IP address if they are using the same wi-fi access point or local network (such as a school or business), if they are using the same anonymizing proxy, or if they both were assigned the same dynamic IP at different times. A preponderance of evidence certainly, but not beyond a reasonable doubt.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

This is getting comical. If they have the same IP or originating IP Address guess what? They are the same person. You have the smoking gun in one hand and the other red hand in the cookie jar.

But I understand even though this Forum and any other Forum have a No Tolerance Policy for Multiple User Names, you let it slide. Ask John, it worked for him. You know i am right.
      I did not run the data until it came up in this thread. Now that I know what he was doing I will keep an eye out. As for running multiple IP addresses, actually I can be accused of that since I log on at work and at home which is 2 different IP's.

I just don't change my handle to protect the guilty.

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by inetdog
        Come on Dereck, you know very well that two persons can show the same source IP address if they are using the same wi-fi access point or local network (such as a school or business), if they are using the same anonymizing proxy, or if they both were assigned the same dynamic IP at different times. A preponderance of evidence certainly, but not beyond a reasonable doubt.
        Twice, thrice, how many times does that happen. Now that he is tipped off might know to use a Proxy Server to fool you.

My style is shoot first, then ask questions. What he cannot hide is writing styles. It looks like a duck, quacks like duck, and flies like a duck. It's a DUCK. The odds are astronomical it is two different people, same writing style, same POV, on the same forum in the same cafe. I really do not care when it comes right down to it just like John, I knew who it was, and so did you. You condone the activity with your actions, not your words. The rest of now know we can have all the users names we want here.
        Last edited by Sunking; 02-06-2016, 09:56 PM.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

• Yaryman
          Banned
          • Aug 2015

Get a grip on reality. Solar is no threat to a utility. Only threat is to the public by being ripped off by solar.
          Please explain. In about 5.75 years from installation my Solar Panels will be paid off.
          From that point on I will save about $2000 to $2500 a year on my electric bill.
          How will I have been ripped off?

Comment

• Sunking
            Solar Fanatic
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Yaryman

Please explain. In about 5.75 years from installation my Solar Panels will be paid off.
            From that point on I will save about $2000 to $2500 a year on my electric bill.
            How will I have been ripped off?
            You used my money and I get nothing in return for it except a higher electric rate to pay for it.
            MSEE, PE

Comment

• Yaryman
              Banned
              • Aug 2015

You used my money and I get nothing in return for it except a higher electric rate to pay for it.
              Sounds like win/win for me.

Comment

• Sunking
                Solar Fanatic
                • Feb 2010

Sounds like win/win for me.
                That makes you sadistic inflicting pain, suffering and financial hardship on people.
                MSEE, PE

Comment

• Yaryman
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2015

That makes you sadistic inflicting pain, suffering and financial hardship on people.
                  As always you are a true Statesman and a Gentleman.

In this thread you called me a sadist inflicting pain, suffering and financial hardship on people.

In another thread you called me a fool.

All this because I bought Solar Panels and ruined YOUR LIFE.
                  Does what I watch on TV also have an effect on your life? Or are my life ruining powers limited to what sits on my roof?

You said, "You used my money and I get nothing in return for it except a higher electric rate to pay for it."

HOW?

I am under the impression you aren't served by the same POCO as I am.
                  I am under the impression you don't live in the same state as me.

I the only way I can see me taking "your money" is claiming the Federal Solar Tax Credit and therefore robbing you and the rest of America my tax dollars.

Or I have in my "Foolish and Sadistic" ways missed something?

As always, I look forward to your pithy and well though out replies.

Comment

• DanS26
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Dec 2011

Yaryman, you have been around long enough (186 posts) to know that if you are on a net metering reimbursement system, then you are being subsidized by non-solar utility customers. The old timers on this forum just get tired of trying to educate people that net metering is not a realistic long term plan for the grid.
                    Last edited by DanS26; 02-14-2016, 08:42 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

• dc/ac
                      • Dec 2015

Perhaps related : (I don't know, maybe just long winded gibberish)

To change (and IMO they need to like everything else), POCs need the financial incentive to do so. A way to hasten that is to use their electricity less. Hopefully via conservation first - then RE - then maybe community micro grids out on the perimeter.

This is getting comical. If they have the same IP or originating IP Address guess what? They are the same person.
                      Not a smoking gun - just likely.

My style is shoot first, then ask questions.
                      Yup. Change is good.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by dc/ac
                        To change (and IMO they need to like everything else), POCs need the financial incentive to do so. A way to hasten that is to use their electricity less.
                        It seems a no brainer to me that the easiest way to lower an electric bill is to use less electricity. However, without true market competition, prices will not decrease much, and may in fact increase as revenue falls.

True competition however is kind of tough without two separate delivery systems or public ownership of that system separate from generation and administration and things like marketing, etc.

Comment

• Yaryman
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by DanS26
                          Yaryman, you have been around long enough (186 posts) to know that if you are on a net metering reimbursement system, then you are being subsidized by non-solar utility customers. The old timers on this forum just get tired of trying to educate people that net metering is not a realistic long term plan for the grid.
                          DanS26, thanks for explaining the somewhat passionate hatred dished my way by an old timer.
                          I was starting to think it was my movie star good looks and snappy retorts that bothered him.

Ok, one day I hear Solar isn't a hill of beans to the POCO's.
                          Today I found out the appx. 3.3% of PG&E customers using Net Metering are stealing the other 96.7% of PG&E customers blind with our small subsidy.

WHICH is IT?

Speaking of subsidies, remember when I rented for that 20 year period and SUBSIDIZED those with homes that claimed the interest deduction on their home loan?
                          Did that provide clean energy to anybody? Did those homes provide power to their neighbors when they needed it most?
                          So while I went to work, paid my bills and rented, you home owners got a subsidy from ME so you could get your tax credit.
                          REMEMBER THAT?

Remember that 20 year period when I paid for my own HEALTH CARE and SUBSIDIZED those that got it TAX FREE from work?
                          So while I went to work, paid my bills and rented, you employees got tax free health care subsidized by me.
                          REMEMBER THAT?

What I don't remember is me spewing venom towards those I subsidized and claiming they were ruining my life.

Comment

• SunEagle
                            Super Moderator
                            • Oct 2012

DanS26, thanks for explaining the somewhat passionate hatred dished my way by an old timer.
                            I was starting to think it was my movie star good looks and snappy retorts that bothered him.

Ok, one day I hear Solar isn't a hill of beans to the POCO's.
                            Today I found out the appx. 3.3% of PG&E customers using Net Metering are stealing the other 96.7% of PG&E customers blind with our small subsidy.

WHICH is IT?

Speaking of subsidies, remember when I rented for that 20 year period and SUBSIDIZED those with homes that claimed the interest deduction on their home loan?
                            Did that provide clean energy to anybody? Did those homes provide power to their neighbors when they needed it most?
                            So while I went to work, paid my bills and rented, you home owners got a subsidy from ME so you could get your tax credit.
                            REMEMBER THAT?

Remember that 20 year period when I paid for my own HEALTH CARE and SUBSIDIZED those that got it TAX FREE from work?
                            So while I went to work, paid my bills and rented, you employees got tax free health care subsidized by me.
                            REMEMBER THAT?

What I don't remember is me spewing venom towards those I subsidized and claiming they were ruining my life.
                            Yaryman,

I understand you are upset but I please ask you to relax and tone it down some. Getting upset is not helpful if you want people to listen to your needs. Thank you.

Comment

• Yaryman
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by SunEagle

Yaryman,

I understand you are upset but I please ask you to relax and tone it down some. Getting upset is not helpful if you want people to listen to your needs. Thank you.
                              I'm actually not upset. I did use a few all caps to make a point.
                              That point being the facts are on my side.
                              Not once did I call anybody names. Nor will I. I'm a better person than that. ( OK,not really )

Comment

• SunEagle
                                Super Moderator
                                • Oct 2012

I'm actually not upset. I did use a few all caps to make a point.
                                That point being the facts are on my side.
                                Not once did I call anybody names. Nor will I. I'm a better person than that. ( OK,not really )
                                Ok. Just checking to see you don't burst a blood vessel.

Comment

Working...