Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Forum & Solar - I have a choice to make...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike90250 Can you please elaborate? Its really hard to keep up with every discussion on these boards.... Is there something about the SE7600 I should know about ? is the fan unbalanced inside the Inverter ? Its not too late for me to change, I signed the contract, but I'm sure if I throw more $$ at them, they would gladly change out the inverter...
    The system I signed for is:

28 Panasonic VBHN330SA16 modules
    1 Solaredge SE7600-USS2 Inverter*
    28 Solaredge P400 optmizers
    25 year extended warranty on SE7600-US inverter
    IronRidge racking
    Critter Guard surrounding arrays <discourage unwanted critters, turkey, raccoons, bats, from roosting under roof array>
    Consumption monitoring kit SE-MTTR240-2-200-S1

$29,500 Gross <in NorCal for all items listed above; wasn't the cheapest $/w, but i didn't want Can Solar up there due to pushy salesman>
    <Fingers crossed on the installer, did as much diligence as one can do...Went with Pani because of the 25Y PV warranty, praying for good lamination on each panel>

I've done what I could to meet J.P.M.'s requirement of lowering consumption, All new: LEDs, attic/wall insulation, efficient HVAC, windows, wash/dryer, whole house fan, etc... already on TOU plan even before PV... so please don't be upset with me putting in such a large PV system, we had a week of triple digit temperatures for the entire week, we were melting... $380 to PG&E in july just for electric - shoot me now...
    Last edited by JRqwertyui; 08-08-2017, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JRqwertyui View Post
      Mike90250 Can you please elaborate? Its really hard to keep up with every discussion on these boards.... Is there something about the SE7600 I should know about ? is the fan unbalanced inside the Inverter ? Its not too late for me to change, I signed the contract, but I'm sure if I throw more $$ at them, they would gladly change out the inverter...

IronRidge racking
      Critter Guard surrounding arrays <discourage unwanted critters, turkey, raccoons, bats, from roosting under roof array>

$29,500 Gross <in NorCal for all items listed above; wasn't the cheapest $/w, but i didn't want Can Solar up there due to pushy salesman>
      <Fingers crossed on the installer, did as much diligence as one can do...Went with Pani because of the 25Y PV warranty, praying for good lamination on each panel>

I've done what I could to meet J.P.M.'s requirement of lowering consumption, All new: LEDs, attic/wall insulation, efficient HVAC, windows, wash/dryer, whole house fan, etc... already on TOU plan even before PV... so please don't be upset with me putting in such a large PV system, we had a week of triple digit temperatures for the entire week, we were melting... $380 to PG&E in july just for electric - shoot me now...
      I think Mike was just kidding- 25db corresponds to x2 as loud as "Whisper, rustling leaves" and about half as loud as "Quiet rural area" which I think is very quiet overall. Unbalanced fan would create much louder noise which would be subject for warranty repair.

Comment

P.S. I decided to go with 28 Pani 330s w/ P400, SE 7600-USS2, ...
        Are you sure about that being an SE7600-USS2 ? that would be the StorEdge bimodal inverter.
        It will work without a battery but costs more than the SE7600A-US
        OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Yes, I wanted the USS2 for future potential battery installation...

Comment

I wrote unbalanced fan in Comic Sans font, which is noted for irony.
            Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
            || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
            || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
            gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

My install is set for Sept 4th. They claim 3 days are needed to install... A bit nervous, but I know I can always post here during the installation...
              I have no idea if their calculations are correct... see attached (pulled from permit submission)... In case you're wondering, I suggested loading the "western" facing roof more so than the eastern side. I wanted to push production to later in the day, my TOU is 3-8pm for the higher rate...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by JRqwertyui; 08-17-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Let us know how the install went and if you can let me know who did your install I think I will be going with a similar setup just 21 panels. Thanks

Comment

Sure will do. To the moderator: I believe I can post a link to solarreviews who references the vendor - correct?

I'll post pictures later today.

Comment

My email is akansupda18732 a gmail.com I believe you can since you are just saying installer name thanks
                    Last edited by Mike90250; 09-06-2017, 01:07 AM. Reason: obscured email link to prevent spambot harvesting

Comment

Sure will do. To the moderator: I believe I can post a link to solarreviews who references the vendor - correct?

I'll post pictures later today.
                      Yes, the link to the solarreviews page is fine. It might go to moderation, but it will be approved.
                      CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

This brings up a question. Who or what determines the amount of acceptable clipping in the system design? In this instance, the clipping is about 18%.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLumen View Post
                          This brings up a question. Who or what determines the amount of acceptable clipping in the system design? In this instance, the clipping is about 18%.
                          And how did you come up with 18% clipping or that there will be any clipping for that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by DrLumen View Post
                            Even if the panels all had great orientation, a DC/AC ratio of 1.21 is only going to have clipping loss around 1% of annual energy production. With this particular system split between east and west, clipping loss will be even less.

Acceptability of clipping should just come down to evaluating the value of the loss relative to the cost to eliminate it... Spending more on a bigger inverter doesn't always make sense, especially if it means the MSP needs an upgrade to handle it.
                            CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Originally posted by sensij View Post

Even if the panels all had great orientation, a DC/AC ratio of 1.21 is only going to have clipping loss around 1% of annual energy production. With this particular system split between east and west, clipping loss will be even less.

Acceptability of clipping should just come down to evaluating the value of the loss relative to the cost to eliminate it... Spending more on a bigger inverter doesn't always make sense, especially if it means the MSP needs an upgrade to handle it.
                              exactly in this case:
                              • the MSP would have to be upgrade for a larger inverter.
                              • There is very likely no clipping (don't have specifics to model ), OP could add even more modules latter.
                              • And most importantly the customer wants the StorEdge for future backup capabilities which comes in 7.6kW only.

Comment

IronRidge racking

I have been looking for a good deal this whole time and this one is the best I will definitely use them once I get there name or phone number. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X