Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Forum & Solar - I have a choice to make...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike90250 Can you please elaborate? Its really hard to keep up with every discussion on these boards.... Is there something about the SE7600 I should know about ? is the fan unbalanced inside the Inverter ? Its not too late for me to change, I signed the contract, but I'm sure if I throw more $$ at them, they would gladly change out the inverter...
    The system I signed for is:

28 Panasonic VBHN330SA16 modules
    1 Solaredge SE7600-USS2 Inverter*
    28 Solaredge P400 optmizers
    25 year extended warranty on SE7600-US inverter
    IronRidge racking
    Critter Guard surrounding arrays <discourage unwanted critters, turkey, raccoons, bats, from roosting under roof array>
    Consumption monitoring kit SE-MTTR240-2-200-S1

$29,500 Gross <in NorCal for all items listed above; wasn't the cheapest $/w, but i didn't want Can Solar up there due to pushy salesman>
    <Fingers crossed on the installer, did as much diligence as one can do...Went with Pani because of the 25Y PV warranty, praying for good lamination on each panel>

I've done what I could to meet J.P.M.'s requirement of lowering consumption, All new: LEDs, attic/wall insulation, efficient HVAC, windows, wash/dryer, whole house fan, etc... already on TOU plan even before PV... so please don't be upset with me putting in such a large PV system, we had a week of triple digit temperatures for the entire week, we were melting... $380 to PG&E in july just for electric - shoot me now...
    Last edited by JRqwertyui; 08-08-2017, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JRqwertyui View Post
      Mike90250 Can you please elaborate? Its really hard to keep up with every discussion on these boards.... Is there something about the SE7600 I should know about ? is the fan unbalanced inside the Inverter ? Its not too late for me to change, I signed the contract, but I'm sure if I throw more $$ at them, they would gladly change out the inverter...
      The system I signed for is:

28 Panasonic VBHN330SA16 modules
      1 Solaredge SE7600-USS2 Inverter*
      28 Solaredge P400 optmizers
      25 year extended warranty on SE7600-US inverter
      IronRidge racking
      Critter Guard surrounding arrays <discourage unwanted critters, turkey, raccoons, bats, from roosting under roof array>
      Consumption monitoring kit SE-MTTR240-2-200-S1

$29,500 Gross <in NorCal for all items listed above; wasn't the cheapest $/w, but i didn't want Can Solar up there due to pushy salesman>
      <Fingers crossed on the installer, did as much diligence as one can do...Went with Pani because of the 25Y PV warranty, praying for good lamination on each panel>

I've done what I could to meet J.P.M.'s requirement of lowering consumption, All new: LEDs, attic/wall insulation, efficient HVAC, windows, wash/dryer, whole house fan, etc... already on TOU plan even before PV... so please don't be upset with me putting in such a large PV system, we had a week of triple digit temperatures for the entire week, we were melting... $380 to PG&E in july just for electric - shoot me now...
      I think Mike was just kidding- 25db corresponds to x2 as loud as "Whisper, rustling leaves" and about half as loud as "Quiet rural area" which I think is very quiet overall. Unbalanced fan would create much louder noise which would be subject for warranty repair.

Comment

Originally posted by JRqwertyui View Post

P.S. I decided to go with 28 Pani 330s w/ P400, SE 7600-USS2, ...
        Are you sure about that being an SE7600-USS2 ? that would be the StorEdge bimodal inverter.
        It will work without a battery but costs more than the SE7600A-US
        OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Yes, I wanted the USS2 for future potential battery installation...

Comment

I wrote unbalanced fan in Comic Sans font, which is noted for irony.
            Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
            || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
            || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
            gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...
            X