Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon to NJ - 12.35 kW Hanwha DUO-G5 + SolarEdge Inverter/Optimizers by GPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyways... Crickets here, but a local solar owner friend called PJM to clarify. He just got his PTO in April.

Maybe I just missed the PJM deadline banner other months, but generation is apparently reported the same as any other and will reopen for May generation entry on June 1st.

Doesn't answer my question of why I can't edit my April generation if the deadline is May 29th as listed, but whatever I guess. I'll likely hit my 9th SREC by then so here to hoping the pricing stays $220+ as it is now.

NJSREC.jpg
    Last edited by NJturtlePower; 05-20-2020, 11:24 AM.
    12.35 kW - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=67749

Comment

• Originally posted by NJturtlePower View Post
      Anyways... Crickets here, but a local solar owner friend called PJM to clarify. He just got his PTO in April.

Maybe I just missed the PJM deadline banner other months, but generation is apparently reported the same as any other and will reopen for May generation entry on June 1st.

Doesn't answer my question of why I can't edit my April generation if the deadline is May 29th as listed, but whatever I guess. I'll likely hit my 9th SREC by then so here to hoping the pricing stays $220+ as it is now.

NJSREC.jpg
      Chirp

I just received my 3rd check from NJSREC. It was $222.50 a week ago May has been a fantastic production month. Quite a few >80kWh days. Record was on 5/13 at 86.6. To the senior PV owners, forgive my enthusiasm, my first May production With 9 days to go in the month, I do wonder if I'll hit 2MWh. At this rate, I'll have another check from NJREC next month I sell with every three SRECs.

In less awesome news, JCP&L pulled the estimated read on me again. 2 months in a row Between the 2 months I should have had at least 500kWh banked, but instead I was billed like 300 I emailed them and was told don't worry about it, that the numbers will catch up if and when they come out here again. I actually emailed Kevin at GPE and he replied quickly. Really great support from GPE.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone.
      https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=69875

Comment

• Looks like on 6/9 was a little preview of efficiency hit due to heat. IIRC it was in the 90s with high humidity that day. On a near perfect production graph that day, peak production was 9.5kW, with total production that day at 79kWh. Compare that to my record production day on 5/13 with the same near perfect graph, peaking at 10.8kW and producing 86kWh for the day.

Enough production for my 12th SREC now. 1.5 months to go until system anniversary, so I'm well on track to meeting GPE's first year production estimate of 1.4MWh.

JCP&L took an actual meter read this month, after having pulled the estimated read on me 2 months in a row and way underestimated my production. All the numbers caught up after the meter read, with proper kWh credits put in the bank.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunpoweredev View Post
          Looks like on 6/9 was a little preview of efficiency hit due to heat. IIRC it was in the 90s with high humidity that day. On a near perfect production graph that day, peak production was 9.5kW, with total production that day at 79kWh. Compare that to my record production day on 5/13 with the same near perfect graph, peaking at 10.8kW and producing 86kWh for the day.

Enough production for my 12th SREC now. 1.5 months to go until system anniversary, so I'm well on track to meeting GPE's first year production estimate of 1.4MWh.

JCP&L took an actual meter read this month, after having pulled the estimated read on me 2 months in a row and way underestimated my production. All the numbers caught up after the meter read, with proper kWh credits put in the bank.
          Hey @sunpoweredev It's been interesting following along and seeing our new solar owner firsts for sure.

My record production day still stands on 4/22/2020 when I pulled off 82.3 kWh, while my daily averages have been increasing through June now...just not hitting the extended peak highs during the the day like the cooler months.

Last month I exceeded my production estimate by a few hundred kWh with a total of 1,772! After an actual read from JCP&L my utility bank now stands at 1,275 kWh!

Just hit my 10th SREC with about 3-months left for my first anniversary year and should hit #14 fairly easy by the looks of it. The 9 SREC's I've sold so far total $1,962 for an average of $218 each.

Have you tried NJSREC's new ACH direct deposit option yet? You just input your bank info once and all future sales are automatically direct deposit.... 2nd time for me now with a total sale to deposit timeline of about 3-5 days.

NOTE: 1,000 kWh = 1 MWh so you're chasing 14 MWh in your 1st year just like me

We're basically neck-to-neck for 2020 production...just the 30 miles or so between us and slight cloud cover patterns push the lead for each month either way.

Untitled3.jpg
          Last edited by NJturtlePower; 06-14-2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Hey @sunpoweredev It's been interesting following along and seeing our new solar owner firsts for sure.

My record production day still stands on 4/22/2020 when I pulled off 82.3 kWh, while my daily averages have been increasing through June now...just not hitting the extended peak highs during the the day like the cooler months.

Last month I exceeded my production estimate by a few hundred kWh with a total of 1,772! After an actual read from JCP&L my utility bank now stands at 1,275 kWh!

Just hit my 10th SREC with about 3-months left for my first anniversary year and should hit #14 fairly easy by the looks of it. The 9 SREC's I've sold so far total $1,962 for an average of $218 each.

Have you tried NJSREC's new ACH direct deposit option yet? You just input your bank info once and all future sales are automatically direct deposit.... 2nd time for me now with a total sale to deposit timeline of about 3-5 days.

NOTE: 1,000 kWh = 1 MWh so you're chasing 14,000 MWh in your 1st year just like me

We're basically neck-to-neck for 2020 production...just the 30 miles or so between us and slight cloud cover patterns push the lead for each month either way.

Untitled3.jpg
            Did I type 1.4MWh for 14MWh? Yes 14MWh. Should've bought the Hanwha panels for 14,000MWh Maths, nearly a year later, you and I both

I'm going to stick with good old fashioned check in the mail. I've been keeping the cancelled checks in my physical GPE folder after I deposit them. Fourth one soon

Enjoy this weekend's awesome weather. Good day to wash the Tesla, think I'm going to do just that. Haven't been driving much with all that's going on so banking a lot of the kWh

Comment

Did I type 1.4MWh for 14MWh? Yes 14MWh. Should've bought the Hanwha panels for 14,000MWh Maths, nearly a year later, you and I both

I'm going to stick with good old fashioned check in the mail. I've been keeping the cancelled checks in my physical GPE folder after I deposit them. Fourth one soon

Enjoy this weekend's awesome weather. Good day to wash the Tesla, think I'm going to do just that. Haven't been driving much with all that's going on so banking a lot of the kWh
              Solar typos for days!

For sure about the perfect weather... the Tesla has been keeping clean for sure, but still getting out to some local car shows lately with some buddies.

Lockdown had me adding a bunch of new accessories and painted calipers to my Silver Metallic Model 3 "Johnny 5.3....matching the garage flooring of course.

Just got back from a show this morning actually. The white and teal (wrapped) car are running custom air-ride setups in the frunks. Nice to mix it up with the non-Tesla groups at times...lots of interest and curious fans out there in the crowds.

IMG_3098.jpegIMG_3113.jpegIMG_3230.jpg IMG_3062.jpg
              Last edited by NJturtlePower; 06-14-2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Nice ride. I saw a couple of tricked out Model3s and a custom wrapped Model Y at a Supercharger last week. The Model Y suspension was lowered but nothing like that photo of the air suspension lowered one.
                9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• Very cool. Where was the show at? I have not once seen any Model 3s with any mods on the road. The silver one in that photo looks the best, very subtle. Love the wheels! My only "mod" is adding some aftermarket mud guards. I do have a set of snow tires on aftermarket wheels. I actually like those aftermarket wheels as they very subtly stick out more than the stock 18"s. Did to add spacers to your car? I've been very tempted to put spacers on my car with the stock 18s but a bit worried it may mess with the ride. My #1 complain on the car as far as looks is the wheels look a bit too set inwards. I'm seriously considering putting the auto trunk opener to my car.

Is it legal in NJ to not have front license plate? Do love that no ugly inspection sticker is required on EVs though.
                  Last edited by sdold; 06-16-2020, 07:18 AM. Reason: Approved from moderation que, fixed quotes

Comment

Very cool. Where was the show at? I have not once seen any Model 3s with any mods on the road. The silver one in that photo looks the best, very subtle. Love the wheels! My only "mod" is adding some aftermarket mud guards. I do have a set of snow tires on aftermarket wheels. I actually like those aftermarket wheels as they very subtly stick out more than the stock 18"s. Did to add spacers to your car? I've been very tempted to put spacers on my car with the stock 18s but a bit worried it may mess with the ride. My #1 complain on the car as far as looks is the wheels look a bit too set inwards. I'm seriously considering putting the auto trunk opener to my car.

Is it legal in NJ to not have front license plate? Do love that no ugly inspection sticker is required on EVs though.
                    Come to Florida where we don't require a front plate or yearly inspection.

Comment

Very cool. Where was the show at? I have not once seen any Model 3s with any mods on the road. The silver one in that photo looks the best, very subtle. Love the wheels! My only "mod" is adding some aftermarket mud guards. I do have a set of snow tires on aftermarket wheels. I actually like those aftermarket wheels as they very subtly stick out more than the stock 18"s. Did to add spacers to your car? I've been very tempted to put spacers on my car with the stock 18s but a bit worried it may mess with the ride. My #1 complain on the car as far as looks is the wheels look a bit too set inwards. I'm seriously considering putting the auto trunk opener to my car.

This was a show in northern NJ in the town of Wayne by a car club called Forged Society. Well organized and supported by local law enforcement which was nice to see. We actually overfilled the original meet lot location and some business owners complained due to no spots available for their shoppers. The LEO's came on their loudspeakers not to kick us out, but rather to offer an alternate lot with more space, so we moved down the road. If you are on Facebook search "Tesla Model 3 New Jersey" or "Tesla Club of NY/NJ" those are two of about 4 local Tesla groups I'm part of that usually plan meets, or cars and coffee type events around the state.

Thanks for the complement! I really do love the Silver Metallic and kinda enjoy the unique color since it was discontinued fairly early on. So many say it shows the cars lines the best, and I would have to be biased and agree.

The wheels are Stance SF07's (Gunmetal) in a like OEM fitment of 19X8.5 +35...they are rotary forged, built to OEM hub size so no center rings needed and they actually weigh a few pounds LESS than the OEM "Sport" 19's and about the same as the Aero's from Tesla which are now my dedicated winter set. I slightly over sized the tires at 245/40/19 since my car is RWD and I was going to be running true summer rubber I wanted a bit extra contact patch for grip. They are General GMAX RS tires which are very competitive compared to the Michelin PS4's that Tesla uses on the Performance cars. They also make a similar All-Season option, the GMAX AS-05... the $50 extra foam in the OEM tires is hardly worth anyone's money IMO.

EVERYTHING is illegal in NJ, but we are just living our best Tesla life! Yes, front plate is required, but it lives in my frunk attached to a bracket as my excuse if stopped. We joke with the one guy who actually shows up with one on the red 3. Going on 2-years and no funny looks or stops yet, but being close to the PA boarder might help since they only need a rear plate.

My front windows are also tinted at 40% ( <70% TLV is NJ legal on the fronts) with Llumar Pinnacle ceramic film as is the rest of the car including over the factory tinted sunroof glass.

No inspection sticker is a fun perk since NJ now only tests vehicles for emission controls us EV's get a pass. Other states like NY still require an annual money grab "Safety Inspection".
                      Last edited by NJturtlePower; 06-16-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

This was a show in northern NJ in the town of Wayne by a car club called Forged Society. Well organized and supported by local law enforcement which was nice to see. We actually overfilled the original meet lot location and some business owners complained due to no spots available for their shoppers. The LEO's came on their loudspeakers not to kick us out, but rather to offer an alternate lot with more space, so we moved down the road. If you are on Facebook search "Tesla Model 3 New Jersey" or "Tesla Club of NY/NJ" those are two of about 4 local Tesla groups I'm part of that usually plan meets, or cars and coffee type events around the state.

Thanks for the complement! I really do love the Silver Metallic and kinda enjoy the unique color since it was discontinued fairly early on. So many say it shows the cars lines the best, and I would have to be biased and agree.

The wheels are Stance SF07's (Gunmetal) in a like OEM fitment of 19X8.5 +35...they are rotary forged, built to OEM hub size so no center rings needed and they actually weigh a few pounds LESS than the OEM "Sport" 19's and about the same as the Aero's from Tesla which are now my dedicated winter set. I slightly over sized the tires at 245/40/19 since my car is RWD and I was going to be running true summer rubber I wanted a bit extra contact patch for grip. They are General GMAX RS tires which are very competitive compared to the Michelin PS4's that Tesla uses on the Performance cars. They also make a similar All-Season option, the GMAX AS-05... the $50 extra foam in the OEM tires is hardly worth anyone's money IMO.

EVERYTHING is illegal in NJ, but we are just living our best Tesla life! Yes, front plate is required, but it lives in my frunk attached to a bracket as my excuse if stopped. We joke with the one guy who actually shows up with one on the red 3. Going on 2-years and no funny looks or stops yet, but being close to the PA boarder might help since they only need a rear plate.

My front windows are also tinted at 40% ( <70% TLV is NJ legal on the fronts) with Llumar Pinnacle ceramic film as is the rest of the car including over the factory tinted sunroof glass.

No inspection sticker is a fun perk since NJ now only tests vehicles for emission controls us EV's get a pass. Other states like NY still require an annual money grab "Safety Inspection".
                        I use to live in NJ for about 35 years and actually worked in Wayne for a while. Sad to hear about the existing restrictions concerning EV's.

Comment

• Received a bill from PSE&G today and surprisingly looks like they are using "estimated " meter readings rather than actual one to somehow charge me for 350 kwh of electricity when in reality I have exported 600 kwh of electricity more than consumption! Not sure they'll listen when I call their customer service. Seems absurd after not at all expecting to pay for electricity again!

Comment

• Originally posted by njdealguy View Post
                            Received a bill from PSE&G today and surprisingly looks like they are using "estimated " meter readings rather than actual one to somehow charge me for 350 kwh of electricity when in reality I have exported 600 kwh of electricity more than consumption! Not sure they'll listen when I call their customer service. Seems absurd after not at all expecting to pay for electricity again!
                            Usually when a POCO gives you an estimated bill it is because they can't or won't come out to read your meter. That is kind of old school since most POCO's not have smart meters that will provide the front office with the data needed for billing or be remotely read from a truck on the street.

Comment

• Originally posted by njdealguy View Post
                              Received a bill from PSE&G today and surprisingly looks like they are using "estimated " meter readings rather than actual one to somehow charge me for 350 kwh of electricity when in reality I have exported 600 kwh of electricity more than consumption! Not sure they'll listen when I call their customer service. Seems absurd after not at all expecting to pay for electricity again!
                              Estimated readings don't seem to be all that uncommon with my provider JCP&L.

In my past 10-months with solar installed I've had 3 estimated readings, usually due to weather. As far as I know my meter is read by drive-by, and I guess they just skip routes in poor weather.

They do seem to always estimate solar production VERY low when they do estimate though...seen them estimate 150 kWh surplus when it was closer to 600.

Comment

• Two months in a row they did the estimate on me. The two months combined I should've had ~1.5MWh banked, but instead I was billed like 200kWh combined. Not sure if it had to do with my email complaining to JCP&L, but they did and actual read last month and I was credited 1.68MWh in the bank.

Comment

Working...
                                X