Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon to NJ - 12.35 kW Hanwha DUO-G5 + SolarEdge Inverter/Optimizers by GPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the critter guard installer's website. I'm glad GPE included in the system as standard.

http://solarpestsolution.com/
    https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=69875

Comment

• Originally posted by njdealguy View Post

Can try, I would think wont be allowed now that contract is signed with all the specifications unfortunately Is there an approximate price difference between the two microinverters you'd be aware of in case asked to cough up more $$$?
      roughly about the same price resale
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

roughly about the same price resale
        Thanks ButchDeal, Just wondering, did you suggest this because of what I think I see in the specifications which is that the peak output power is higher on the IQ7+? Would that mean less wastage if lets say my 315W panel is producing 280W at a given time and the lower inverter supports peak power of 250W, I'm wasting 30W in that case?

Comment

Thanks ButchDeal, Just wondering, did you suggest this because of what I think I see in the specifications which is that the peak output power is higher on the IQ7+? Would that mean less wastage if lets say my 315W panel is producing 280W at a given time and the lower inverter supports peak power of 250W, I'm wasting 30W in that case?
          Yes this is called clipping

Comment

Yes this is called clipping
            Thanks wish I knew about this site and researched/learned more things like this before jumping into a deal! Anyways think this microinverter switch is still worth it if installer is asking for several hundred dollars? Having played around with the numbers between a 1.26 ratio of DC/AC on PVWatts calculator vs 1.12 seems to only be a tiny output difference annually, like an extra 10kw per year for the smaller ratio if I used it correctly!

Comment

Thanks wish I knew about this site and researched/learned more things like this before jumping into a deal! Anyways think this microinverter switch is still worth it if installer is asking for several hundred dollars? Having played around with the numbers between a 1.26 ratio of DC/AC on PVWatts calculator vs 1.12 seems to only be a tiny output difference annually, like an extra 10kw per year for the smaller ratio if I used it correctly!
              Part of the difference is you are using the wrong number for the IQ7. It is only a 240w inverter not 250w. So 1.31 ratio instead of 1.26
              you also keep using kW when should be using kWh ...

Comment

...... Having played around with the numbers between a 1.26 ratio of DC/AC on PVWatts calculator vs 1.12 seems to only be a tiny output difference annually, like an extra 10kw per year for the smaller ratio if I used it correctly!
                Clipping is an issue that you will get a lot of opinions about. I have a Solar Edge system with a DC to AC ratio of 1.50 to 1. At first I was unhappy with the obvious loss at the top of the curve. My system has performed well and I like that that ratio gives me more production in the afternoon when my TOU rate gives me the best return. It is more art than science, but science and economics can provide rationale.
                9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Ampster View Post
                  Clipping is an issue that you will get a lot of opinions about. I have a Solar Edge system with a DC to AC ratio of 1.50 to 1. At first I was unhappy with the obvious loss at the top of the curve. My system has performed well and I like that that ratio gives me more production in the afternoon when my TOU rate gives me the best return. It is more art than science, but science and economics can provide rationale.
                  It is great that your are happy and there are some reasons to have a high DC to AC ratio but lets be clear... the DC to AC ratio or clipping is not giving you more production in the afternoon. It would produce the same at that time of day with a larger inverter.

also there are significant differences in DC to AC ratio in a shared inverter system and a micro inverter system.
                  Last edited by ButchDeal; 09-07-2019, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Part of the difference is you are using the wrong number for the IQ7. It is only a 240w inverter not 250w. So 1.31 ratio instead of 1.26
                    you also keep using kW when should be using kWh ...
                    Even at 1.31 ratio PV watts is only calculating a teeny tiny difference in annual output vs even 1.00. Therefore think its worth spending extra $300 that installer is asking for 26 iq7+ micros instead of iq7 or is there something else to it I'm missing out on. In other words would I break even on the extra amount theoretically?
                    Last edited by njdealguy; 09-07-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Connecting panels of different alignment to the same inverter can allow longer hours of production
                      and a higher DC:AC ratio with little clipping. That is not practical with micro inverters. Bruce Roe

Comment

............. but lets be clear... the DC to AC ratio or clipping is not giving you more production in the afternoon. It would produce the same at that time of day with a larger inverter.
                        I understand. I don't need or want a larger inverter. I should have clarified that the more production is a result of the size of the arrays. The loss of production at midday for me is less valuable than the production later in the day. It all depends on where one is standing. I am not suggesting that a high DC to AC ratio is optimum for everyone.
                        Last edited by Ampster; 09-08-2019, 01:19 PM.
                        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• Hey ButchDeal, my access only shows "Dashboard" and "Layout" how would I get the "Owner" profile with more tools. Should I email Solaredge or GPE?

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

full admin is for installers.
                          Owners should have full owner access which does show the "admin" tab but more limited.

You can set allerts, view graphs of all monitored spots.

Installer Admins can re-pair and view the online screen (interact with it actually and do anything through it can can do locally).
                          As well as change the layout and strings etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by flowing View Post
                            Hey ButchDeal, my access only shows "Dashboard" and "Layout" how would I get the "Owner" profile with more tools. Should I email Solaredge or GPE?
                            Email the GPE operations team and copy your sales guy as well.... my progress toward full access I had posted on sunpoweredev post here:
                            https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...413#post404413

Here's what you should request, "Full Access, with Site Owner Access box checked."

You can try Christine Schneider directly, she's the one who helped me out...... cschneider@greenpowerenergy.com

12.35 kW - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=67749

Comment

• So yesterday at some point I noticed my highest Peak Output @ 11400W matching my inverter size.

Just searching through other favorited systems on PVoutput I sometimes see peaks HIGHER than their rated inverter at times....Is there a bit of overhead on some units and not others?

11.4peakB.jpg11.4peakA.jpg

ButchDeal
                              12.35 kW - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=67749

Comment

• Originally posted by NJturtlePower View Post
                                So yesterday at some point I noticed my highest Peak Output @ 11400W matching my inverter size.

Just searching through other favorited systems on PVoutput I sometimes see peaks HIGHER than their rated inverter at times....Is there a bit of overhead on some units and not others?

11.4peakB.jpg11.4peakA.jpg

ButchDeal
                                From what I've been seeing in PVOutput, the "A" inverters can go over a little bit. For example, my SE7600A peaks at 7850W. The "H" (HD Wave) models seem to peak at the rated max.
                                https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=59404

Comment

Working...
                                X