X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motorcyclemikie
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2019

I'm dealing with a frustration Factor here that doesn't allow me to post the data and then when it's saved it disappears anyway go to the optimizer installation guide by solaredge and you'll read where it says..I still can't get it in it's in Chapter 2 of the Optimizer installation guide

So optimizers with the indOP features are optimizers beginning PXXX,( that includes the P800!)

The SE7600H is compatable with the indOP protocol
    Last edited by motorcyclemikie; 01-29-2019, 03:45 PM.
    Those who do, do it!

Comment

• ButchDeal
      Solar Fanatic
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by motorcyclemikie
      Butch, I found this in solaredge documentation I think this matches the p800 optimizer

SolarEdge power optimizers are DC-DC converters connected to PV modules in order to maximize power harvesting by performing Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) at the module level. Power optimizers with SolarEdge

RESET ON THIS it didn't save all my highlighted data that I intended to show you

SolarEdge power optimizers are DC-DC converters connected to PV modules in order to maximize power
      harvesting by performing Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) at the module level.
      Power optimizers with SolarEdge
      This in no way states that the p800 works with any inverter. And it is well known that the solaredge optimizers are MPPT optimizers with buck/boost, you are making assumptions about things. The optimizer will do nothing but out out 1V till it is enabled by the inverter...
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• ButchDeal
        Solar Fanatic
        • Apr 2014

So after quite a bit of research on the optimizer subject I have found that the P6XX, P7XX, and P8XX series is essentially all made for two panels per Optimizer, depending on the type of panels your using determines the optimizer to use, makes sense doesn't it. Since I can get them all for about the same price of $45 I would naturally go with the higher capacity part the p800 enough said
        You are finding low prices because you are looking at discontinued models.
        All the optimizers are designed for particular types of pv modules.

Comment

• ButchDeal
          Solar Fanatic
          • Apr 2014

I'm dealing with a frustration Factor here that doesn't allow me to post the data and then when it's saved it disappears anyway go to the optimizer installation guide by solaredge and you'll read where it says..I still can't get it in it's in Chapter 2 of the Optimizer installation guide

So optimizers with the indOP features are optimizers beginning PXXX,( that includes the P800!)

The SE7600H is compatable with the indOP protocol
          Indop is no longer really supported but out the optimizers into a sort of dumb mode similar to tigo optimizers. You need special equipment to enable it and you would get better results by just using tigo optimizers which are cheaper and fully supported in this mode.
          Indop enabled optimizers will not work with solaredge inverters though.

Comment

• motorcyclemikie
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jan 2019

if the P 800 is indOP compatable and the SE7600H inverter is also, I don't where your misunderstanding is founded. evidently you must have had an experience like this that did not work otherwise you would not be so adamant to defend this position of not compatibility.

the $45 prices optimizer that I find are on eBay I have one of the p800 brand-new optimizers sitting here in front of me that I paid $45 for. why would I pay more why would anyone pay more for the same part and it's delivered to my door something's wrong here my friend something is seriously wrong in this business

I think I have answered my original question that I posted there is some fat in this business definitely
            Last edited by motorcyclemikie; 01-29-2019, 04:05 PM.
            Those who do, do it!

Comment

• ButchDeal
              Solar Fanatic
              • Apr 2014

if the P 800 is indOP compatable and the SE7600H inverter is also, I don't where your misunderstanding is founded. evidently you must have had an experience like this that did not work otherwise you would not be so adamant to defend this position of not compatibility.

the $45 prices optimizer that I find are on eBay I have one of the p800 brand-new optimizers sitting here in front of me that I paid $45 for. why would I pay more why would anyone pay more for the same part and it's delivered to my door something's wrong here my friend something is seriously wrong in this business

I think I have answered my original question that I posted there is some fat in this business definitely
              The se7600 is not compatible with indOP? That is for connecting the optimizers to non-solaredge inverters which have their own MPPT. It also requires other equipment ti enable and is not rapid shutdown compatible.

You seem to be miss reaading thing or trying to shoe horn whatever you read in support of your hypothesis. As i stated nothing in any of the solaredge documentation states that the p800 will work with the single phase inverters.

And i did not say you have a used optimizer but that you are inly looking at and have a discontinued optimizer. There are also two versions of the p800, which did you get? The p800p or p800s?

Comment

• solar pete
                Administrator
                • May 2014

I think your right mate, in oz if we take away the STC's (the scheme that gives people an upfront discount on new solar installs) we can do a 10kW System with good equipment for $15K, its installed in one day and we have a margin we can live with. Thats why we are looking to buy a solar dealer in the states right now , solar wholesalers is comin to the states baby

Comment

• motorcyclemikie
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Jan 2019

Originally posted by ButchDeal

The se7600 is not compatible with indOP? That is for connecting the optimizers to non-solaredge inverters which have their own MPPT. It also requires other equipment ti enable and is not rapid shutdown compatible.

You seem to be miss reaading thing or trying to shoe horn whatever you read in support of your hypothesis. As i stated nothing in any of the solaredge documentation states that the p800 will work with the single phase inverters.

And i did not say you have a used optimizer but that you are inly looking at and have a discontinued optimizer. There are also two versions of the p800, which did you get? The p800p or p800s?
                  No this is absolutely new, it is the P800p (parallel) version with the four input cables 2 each for the panels. all that seems like a great idea since if I had to buy the connectors and cabling to parallel them it would probably be just as much as the whole P800p unit cost. I'm also wondering if the p800 because it's a dual panel input does that allow it to have the monitoring and data resolution of to individual panels in does it have to be paired with both panels?
                  Those who do, do it!

Comment

• ButchDeal
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Apr 2014

No this is absolutely new, it is the P800p (parallel) version with the four input cables 2 each for the panels. all that seems like a great idea since if I had to buy the connectors and cabling to parallel them it would probably be just as much as the whole P800p unit cost. I'm also wondering if the p800 because it's a dual panel input does that allow it to have the monitoring and data resolution of to individual panels in does it have to be paired with both panels?
                    Again I never said it wasnt NEW. I see why you have confused so much of what you read of solaredge documentation now....

No it will not monitor each pv module seperatly, it monitors them together only as they are in parallel.
                    Also pairing is between the inverter and optimizer not between the optimizer and pv modules.

Comment

• motorcyclemikie
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Jan 2019

Read page 7 of the solaredge optimizers installation guide MAN-01-00112-1.2

Thanks for the pairing info I expected that answer
                      Last edited by motorcyclemikie; 01-29-2019, 06:27 PM.
                      Those who do, do it!

Comment

• ButchDeal
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Apr 2014

Read page 7 of the solaredge optimizers installation guide MAN-01-00112-1.2
                        Re read that page again. They can operate in indOP mode with non-solaredge inverters or in default configuraton with solaredge inverters....

you need additional equioment to put them into indOP mode but not to operate them... typically installers would have this equioment but it is very hard to find any more.

See how you made assumptions of things that was not written in the document...

here is some of the equipment you will need but again it will not work with the SE7600H. ..

https://www.solaredge.com/sites/defa...-datasheet.pdf

Also did you read the part numbers in your UK install manual for IndOP?
                        "Power optimizers with P/N starting with "OPI",
                        Last edited by ButchDeal; 01-29-2019, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• motorcyclemikie
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Jan 2019

Thanks for that link Butch, I got with wholesale solar and I'm having them give me a quote for the panels and the racking. They certainly seem like nice knowledgeable people, the kind you like to spend money with.
                          Those who do, do it!

Comment

• ButchDeal
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Apr 2014

Thanks for that link Butch, I got with wholesale solar and I'm having them give me a quote for the panels and the racking. They certainly seem like nice knowledgeable people, the kind you like to spend money with.
                            remember indOP is not compatible with SE7600H or the P800p but you will need the key to enable it:

I fail to see how IndOP will assist you in any way with connecting P800p to SE7600H as well but good luck, maybe consider taking out an life insurance policy before touching anything...

Comment

• jflorey2
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Aug 2015

the $45 prices optimizer that I find are on eBay I have one of the p800 brand-new optimizers sitting here in front of me that I paid $45 for. why would I pay more why would anyone pay more for the same part . . .
                              Heck, you could pay even less than that for cheap Chinese microinverters; then you wouldn't need a central inverter, either.

But you get what you pay for.

I get the feeling that you are feeling proud you have discovered a "secret" or something that will allow you to be more intelligent and frugal than anyone else. A lot of people go through that phase. Usually it's an expensive one.

Comment

• foo1bar
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Aug 2014

You know, without fanning the quiet embers I am certain that the P800 will pair with ANY solaredge inverter because solaredge documentation says it will. I am on a mission to find that out as that is the best Optimizer for my system design, I believe at this point.
                                Why do you think it's the best optimizer for your system design?

I thought you understood that trying to hook up 3 of the 250W modules to it in the configuration you proposed is going to mean you have about 2/3 of the production you'd otherwise get.

Have you determined if you need rapid shutdown?
                                Have you looked at using a plain string inverter instead of a solaredge system?

Comment

Working...