grid tie feasibility on small Oklahoma coop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ButchDeal

There is no technical aspects. You just have to turn on the load and it will use the solar power, turn it off and the power goes to the grid. Nothing other than Ohms law to manage the control of the power.
    I'm talking like using the meters and current sensors to automate the export during months when I would be using less than I produce, so I don't give away the electricity free. I don't plan to sit there and manually switch loads on and off to keep from exporting power.

But from the info I've seen here it would be easier and more cost beneficial to just do grid tie with net metering. Also it is not as expensive or difficult as I initially thought.
    Last edited by df0rster; 06-13-2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by df0rster View Post
      I'm talking like using the meters and current sensors to automate the export during months when I would be using less than I produce, so I don't give away the electricity free.
      You'd be spending a LOT of money and time to avoid giving something away for free. Seems counterproductive.
      But from the info I've seen here it would be easier and more cost beneficial to just do grid tie with net metering. Also it is not as expensive or difficult as I initially thought.
      Agreed.

Comment

Working...
      X