X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mnhim001
    • Feb 2018

Has anyone had experience with SCC Solar Energy Inc.? They are the contractors that did the install, and now I can't get a hold of them. They won't return my calls or respond to my emails.

Comment

• Kendalf
      • Feb 2018

Don't know the company, but it seems many others have gotten the same lack of response from this company, based on these complaints on BBB and Yelp. Have you looked in detail at your contract to see what specifically was promised by the company, and what recourse you may have if they fail to respond?

Comment

• Ward L
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2014

Enphase used to come with software to allow you to monitor your system online. I have Enlighten Manager and it shows the output for each panel every day with charts, etc. If you have that, you should be able to see which of your panels are operating normally and if any are not. I get an email if there is a problem with a panel. It also calculates the estimated production. My panel production can be 30% over estimated so maybe the estimated calculation isn't very good. Every time I have received an email about an issue it was because there was an internet connection problem.

Comment

• solarfrank
          • Apr 2015

If you have the agreement with this company : https://www2.cslb.ca.gov/OnlineServi...LicNum=1008491

AMERICAN CONTRACTORS INDEMNITY COMPANY

801 S FIGUEROA STREET SUITE 700
          LOS ANGELES, CA 90017
          (800) 486-6695
          Regarding Bond Number: 100288521 to open a claim,

and guarantee the company will call you asap.

Comment

• mnhim001
            • Feb 2018

Originally posted by solarfrank
            If you have the agreement with this company : https://www2.cslb.ca.gov/OnlineServi...LicNum=1008491

AMERICAN CONTRACTORS INDEMNITY COMPANY

801 S FIGUEROA STREET SUITE 700
            LOS ANGELES, CA 90017
            (800) 486-6695
            Regarding Bond Number: 100288521 to open a claim,

and guarantee the company will call you asap.
            Will do, thank you!

Comment

• jryaus
              • Mar 2018

I think we're missing an important question here: What financing did you choose? Generally speaking, the only way to get a production guarantee is to go with a lease. If you do in fact have a lease, then it doesn't matter how much your installation SHOULD be producing, the only two things that matter are your actual production and the guaranteed production stated in your lease agreement.

As long as the missing production isn't caused by something that isn't covered (Acts of God for example), your installer/owner should reimburse you. I used to work for a nationwide residential installer and we'd cut checks for missed production guarantees that were as low as $0.50. Your contract should say when they would reimburse you, but usually I think it's at the end of the year. Hope this helps and good luck!

Comment

• mnhim001
                • Feb 2018

Originally posted by jryaus
                I think we're missing an important question here: What financing did you choose? Generally speaking, the only way to get a production guarantee is to go with a lease. If you do in fact have a lease, then it doesn't matter how much your installation SHOULD be producing, the only two things that matter are your actual production and the guaranteed production stated in your lease agreement.

As long as the missing production isn't caused by something that isn't covered (Acts of God for example), your installer/owner should reimburse you. I used to work for a nationwide residential installer and we'd cut checks for missed production guarantees that were as low as $0.50. Your contract should say when they would reimburse you, but usually I think it's at the end of the year. Hope this helps and good luck!
                I financed it. The financing company has already paid them in full.

Comment

• mnhim001
                  • Feb 2018

I have tried contacting this company for over 2 months now, and still no response from them. I now have another concern. These came with a 25 year warranty, and it is warranted by the installer, if the installer goes out of business or just stops communicating who else can pick up and take their place?

Comment

• Charlie W
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by mnhim001
                    I have tried contacting this company for over 2 months now, and still no response from them. I now have another concern. These came with a 25 year warranty, and it is warranted by the installer, if the installer goes out of business or just stops communicating who else can pick up and take their place?
                    This is a big problem with all the alternative energy technologies. The warranties aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Comment

• foo1bar
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by jryaus
                      Generally speaking, the only way to get a production guarantee is to go with a lease.
                      I've seen production guarantee's on a contract which was a purchase contract.
                      And I've seen them as part of proposals in purchased systems.

Your contract should say when they would reimburse you, but usually I think it's at the end of the year. Hope this helps and good luck!
                      Yes - what matters is what's in the contract.
                      Is 9,996 Kwh in the contract? Or was it pre-sales information?
                      Can the seller say "No - 9,996kwh is not based on the system we actually agreed to install - that number is for the production for a 6kW system facing due south in this location, our contract is for a 5.6kW system facing multiple orientations."

Comment

Working...