X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by ItsFriz
    Got a rough-in inspection scheduled for tomorrow. Still haven't been asked by the county to provide any documentation regarding the products I'm using or PE stamped drawings. Can someone tell me if this is something I have to worry about? Logic says no, if they wanted it they'd ask for it...but nerves say this should have been done and they're going to be like what the hell, where's your stuff, here's a stop work order, we're never going to pass you
    Expect the worst to happen, but know that being proactive can tend toward minimizing the likelihood of a bad outcome.

Ask questions and if you get answers you don't understand or get blown off, climb the chain of command until you get answers that you do understand and that are complete.

Comment

• CessnaTPA
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by ItsFriz
      Got a rough-in inspection scheduled for tomorrow. Still haven't been asked by the county to provide any documentation regarding the products I'm using or PE stamped drawings. Can someone tell me if this is something I have to worry about? Logic says no, if they wanted it they'd ask for it...but nerves say this should have been done and they're going to be like what the hell, where's your stuff, here's a stop work order, we're never going to pass you
      It's going on 2 years since I installed my system and a lot has changed since then. It was a real pain getting my permit but it's super easy now from what i hear. I would just call the county and speak to someone and ask if you need prints wet stamped by a PE. I know when I submitted thats what they required. I would think they would want it approved by an engineer but who knows with them. What size system you installing, what area of Tampa? I'm in Riverview.

Comment

• ItsFriz
        • Jun 2020

In Brandon so a few minutes north of Riverview and installing an 11.6 kW system since 11.7 is as big as you can go before you become a tier 2 system and need to carry the insurance.

Seems like there's been certain provisions for the 48" mounting but I'm not really sure what that'll mean as far as what the inspectors will want to see

Comment

Working...