X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pavlick
    • May 2017

Originally posted by CharlieEscCA
    What is SREC? Your net cost is great, but you are getting that 17k or 18k back over 10 years so you are losing the use and returns from this money. If you sell before 10 years, you probably lose those credits. Just food for thought.
    Here is the explanation. It was it makes the Solar Panel worth in Mass:

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by pavlick

1) I use around 950 KWh per month. Have 2 small kids, Electric Washer and Dryer. My wife stay home most of the time.
      2) In PVWatts it is around 12280 KWh. So I am a little over (maybe for a Model 3 in the future). But also some winters around here are brutal and may offset this value some. So I believe I am on the correct value. I have been living here for almost a year, so I have some but not extensive energy consumption history.

Thanks
      You're welcome.

I was asking because, not seeing any mention of your sizing logic or load, and often, people not understanding how to size a system to either meet a need, or that a 100 % off set may not be the most cost effective long term way to go, wondered how you got to the size you did. No more than that.

Comment

• pavlick
        • May 2017

Originally posted by J.P.M.

You're welcome.

I was asking because, not seeing any mention of your sizing logic or load, and often, people not understanding how to size a system to either meet a need, or that a 100 % off set may not be the most cost effective long term way to go, wondered how you got to the size you did. No more than that.
        Completely understand. But I did all possible calculations and scenarios (I am an Engineer, so I do not buy anything before doing extensive calculations and research) and it looks a good investment. Also I could not see a reason for not aim for 100% (is there any scenario where 100% is not the most beneficial)? Here at MASS as more as you produce, more SRECs you recover back, so proportional you only pay around 18-22% of the initial price asked and it normally pays off in 3 to 4 years if you buy a reasonable price system.

Comment

• J.P.M.
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2013

Completely understand. But I did all possible calculations and scenarios (I am an Engineer, so I do not buy anything before doing extensive calculations and research) and it looks a good investment. Also I could not see a reason for not aim for 100% (is there any scenario where 100% is not the most beneficial)? Here at MASS as more as you produce, more SRECs you recover back, so proportional you only pay around 18-22% of the initial price asked and it normally pays off in 3 to 4 years if you buy a reasonable price system.
          Thank you for the response. Most are not as detailed.

Comment

• CharlieEscCA
            Solar Fanatic
            • Dec 2016

Here is the explanation. It was it makes the Solar Panel worth in Mass:

Very interesting.

Just keep an eye on the SREC credit value changing -- reading at this site it looks like there is a surplus of "suppliers" and unless your credit rate per SREC unit is locked in. it looks like it could easily slip lower.

I suspect, you are all over this based on your other replies.
            8.6 kWp roof (SE 7600 and 28 panels)

Comment

Working...