X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makarowski
    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by pure3d2
    How did you enable temp and voltage? In my PVOutput settings for my system, those two buttons are grayed out. My inverter is on the newer firmware without the temperature displayed on the unit.
    have you donated some $ to PVOutput to enable the advanced features? I have the same updated firmware on my inverter as well...

Cheers
    BMak

Comment

• pure3d2
      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by makarowski
      have you donated some $ to PVOutput to enable the advanced features? I have the same updated firmware on my inverter as well...

Cheers
      BMak
      Ah I forgot about the advanced features requiring the donation. I will send them some money once my power company sets up my net metering.

Comment

• skipro3
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2015

I'll go into this in another thread, but today I received a new Communications board from Solaredge. I installed it. It must be older stock because now I get the temperature on the inverter's display whereas before, I didn't get that display page at all.

This is a new solar installation, less than a week old.

The Communications board is the one that has the display screen on it, the SD slot and where the Zigbee slave radio card mounts. I am having trouble with zigbee dropping and they sent me this card. I think they meant to send me a replacement zigbee slave card. In any case, I now have the older version card and the temperature display.

I'll be posting my zigbee issue in it's own thread later tonight.

Comment

• sensij
          Solar Fanatic
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by skipro3
          I'll be posting my zigbee issue in it's own thread later tonight.
          If you search the forum, you'll find several reports of Zigbee drops with SolarEdge. Their implementation seems to be hit or miss under many residential environments... while a device like the Rainforest Automation Eagle is rock solid. If Wifi is available, hooking up a wireless bridge is an inexpensive alternative to Zigbee (that is what I did).
          CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• Stuntman
            • Apr 2015

Replacement communication board - Displays in degrees C

I just had my communication board replaced on my SolarEdge inverter.. seems to work great.. only real issue is that the temperatures now display in degrees C. I'd like to have them in degrees F like the original board did..

Is this an easy thing to change? If so.. anybody know how I can do this?

SolarEdge SE10000

Comment

• foo1bar
              Solar Fanatic
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Stuntman
              Is this an easy thing to change? If so.. anybody know how I can do this?

SolarEdge SE10000
              Did you read the fine manual?

I believe I remember seeing it in there.

Comment

• Stuntman
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by foo1bar
                Did you read the fine manual?

I believe I remember seeing it in there.
                Installer didn't leave me any manual.. but I imagine if nobody knows how off the top of their head, I can try to find a .pdf for it somewhere and look it up! What is it about people that bother to RTFM reply? NBTD? (Nothing Better to Do)

Comment

• lwsmiser
                  • Jun 2017

I have a 6.3 kW system with an SE7600A inverter. I have monitored it daily for the past year. The inverter is inside my unfinished garage on a North facing wall. The highest I have recorded is 145 F (~63 C). On the hottest days I open the garage door a little as well as the back door allowing lower temperature air to enter. Today the top temp was 124 F ( ~51 C) which is more typical...cooler on cloudy days...hotter on clear days. My output for the past year has exceeded the deigned value by 18%.

Comment

• TundraLu
                    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by sensij
                    I think you should disable/remove the Weather (Wunderground) API. It is writing into the same temperature field as the SolarEdge API, so whichever of them writes last will be the one that shows. It looks like in most cases, the true ambient temperature is showing, but every now and then the SolarEdge inverter value sticks.

You can see on my test system that the temperature reported by the inverter only shows up during daylight hours. The fact that you are still getting temp data when the sun is down shows you still have another active data source.

Looking at your temps are those the inverter temps on that system?
                    Last edited by TundraLu; 03-24-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• lwsmiser
                      • Jun 2017

They are the Inverter temperature. You may display either the weather station or the inverter temps but not both.
                      How are you monitoring your system? I am using PVOutput.org in Australia. The offer a free service which you can access in your web browser. It is free but you can contribute $10 or so and get additional services to store information on their server. Check it out online if you are not already using it. I am presently sending consumption data to the site using a Raspberry Pi dedicated computer. More info if you wnat it.
                      Last edited by lwsmiser; 03-24-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• sensij
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by lwsmiser
                        They are the Inverter temperature. You may display either the weather station or the inverter temps but not both.
                        That was true a while ago, but now there is an option to pipe the weather station data into an extended value field, allowing both it and inverter temp to be logged.
                        CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• JSchnee21
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • May 2017

I seem to be a day late and a dollar short to this discussion, but I have the SE 11.4kW inverter connected to a 12.2kW DC array and it typically peaks at ~112 degrees F regardless of the outdoor temp. Inverter is mounted outdoors on East face of house with some shading (once the leaves come in).

The inverter's temperature tracks with output up to ~112 F, then the fans must be shifting into high gear or something as I can see oscillations where the temp drops down to 105F and then cycles back up to 112 repeatedly. I don't think I've ever seen it exceed 113 or 114F.

Not sure if you can get to this PVOutput link or not:
                          PVOutput.org - share, compare and monitor live solar photovoltaic output data

-Jonathan

Comment

• J.P.M.
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by sensij

That was true a while ago, but now there is an option to pipe the weather station data into an extended value field, allowing both it and inverter temp to be logged.
                            Where you been ?

You OK ?

Welcome back.

Comment

• JSchnee21
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • May 2017

Ooops, sorry. I was completely wrong on that one. After I downloaded my historical data from PVOutput into Excel. It turns out that I had ~80 days (July and August) last year where my inverter reached temps between 46C (115F) and 64.7 degrees C (148.6F). Ambient temps from Weather Underground on those days were 90-95 F.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by JSchnee21
                                Ooops, sorry. I was completely wrong on that one. After I downloaded my historical data from PVOutput into Excel. It turns out that I had ~80 days (July and August) last year where my inverter reached temps between 46C (115F) and 64.7 degrees C (148.6F). Ambient temps from Weather Underground on those days were 90-95 F.
                                While knowing what inverter temps. are is the end goal, it's often more useful to keep the difference between inverter temp. and local (immediately around the inverter) ambient temp. in mind when trying to figure out ways to analyze and maybe change and probably lower inverter temps.

Comment

Working...