X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcroe
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SD_Rider

Anyone know what the boxes are on the power lines in from the street?
    Some are capacitors added to improve the power factor. No effect on voltage, but
    they reduce the current (power loss is proportional to current squared) from the
    source to feed an inductive load. Bruce Roe

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by bcroe
      Some are capacitors added to improve the power factor. No effect on voltage, but
      they reduce the current (power loss is proportional to current squared) from the
      source to feed an inductive load. Bruce Roe
      Bruce

While capacitors will change the power factor they will also change the voltage. They are one of the ways (along with automatic tap changers) by all utilities to either raise or lower the distribution grid voltage if it gets beyond too high or low.

Comment

• bcroe
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SunEagle
        Bruce

While capacitors will change the power factor they will also change the voltage. They are one of the ways (along with automatic tap changers) by all utilities to either raise or lower the distribution grid voltage if it gets beyond too high or low.
        Lets hear more about that. Bruce

Comment

• Beina
          • Apr 2015

Hi,

Poly is light blue. Mono is dark dark blue and appears black.

You may be talking about black frame ? If so you have bigger problems first. The Axitech is not in the sake league as the Canadian solar. They're both Chinese made panels (not assembled in Canada) however the Axitech is a t2 module. where the CS is tier 1, vertically integrated build, millions into R&d, proven history and good performers. Axitech are cheap knock offs.

Comment

• SD_Rider
            • Mar 2015

Well, I could have swore I posted an update....

Been turned on since last Tuesday night (4/14) and my meter is running backwards!!!

The company contacted me on Monday (4/20) for payment. I requested docs and monitoring before I sign the loan docs. Monitoring hooked up Tuesday night (4/21) so I'm happy there.

So, they gave me a few docs, but there are a few discrepancies (still has Axitec panels, not the LGs that were installed). I also haven't seen a "bill". Just a signed HERO doc for the agreed amount.

I requested copies of the permits (for my records) and the panel/inverter info (for warranty info).

QUESTIONS:
            1) Any other important docs that I should have in my possession???
            2) Do I need to go online and register my panels and inverters for their respective warranties???
            3) Anything I'm missing or not covering?

Comment

• SD_Rider
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Beina
              Hi,

Poly is light blue. Mono is dark dark blue and appears black.

You may be talking about black frame ? If so you have bigger problems first. The Axitech is not in the sake league as the Canadian solar. They're both Chinese made panels (not assembled in Canada) however the Axitech is a t2 module. where the CS is tier 1, vertically integrated build, millions into R&d, proven history and good performers. Axitech are cheap knock offs.
              Thanks for the info.

After some negotiation and some stress on my end, I was upgraded to 16 x 270W LG panels.

Comment

• logdin
                • Oct 2013

SD_Rider, seems I cant PM you. Please check your PVOutput messages. Thanks
                [I][url]http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=27957[/url][/I]

Comment

Working...