• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subdriver97
    Solar Fanatic
    • Nov 2014

Install Day 3

IMG_5189.jpgIMG_5190.jpg

I'm now waiting for my SDGE appointment on March 2 to perform the service panel upgrade. Once that done... inspection and connect to the grid!

Comment

• ericf1
      • Oct 2014

Looking good. My first appt was mid March (a 6 week backlog), but my installer got in on a cancelled appointment for the service upgrade, so I only waited 3 days. I got lucky I guess.
      24xLG300N+SE7600 [url]http://tiny.cc/n7ucvx[/url]

Comment

• carona
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by subdriver97
        PM Sent

I was hoping for the name of your installer also. I'm getting quotes in the Temecula area, and I'm getting quotes in the low $4 range. Appreciate the help. PM me when convenient.

Comment

• DanKegel
          Banned
          • Sep 2014

Looks very nice.

What's the distance from the ridge to the top of the array?

Comment

• subdriver97
            Solar Fanatic
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by carona
            I was hoping for the name of your installer also. I'm getting quotes in the Temecula area, and I'm getting quotes in the low $4 range. Appreciate the help. PM me when convenient.
            PM Sent.

Comment

• subdriver97
              Solar Fanatic
              • Nov 2014

I got finally approval from SDGE to connect to the grid HOORAY!!! I turned it on at 4pm and got a tiny bit of production before the sun went down.

As promised, SDGE did the power disconnect last monday 3/2 and my service panel was upgraded to a 125A panel to accommodate the 40A breaker for the solar system. (I did just notice that my neighbor two houses over does not have a service panel upgrade and is running a 20A breaker on 18 panels, I only have 15 panels. I'll have to ask him about his system specs. I'm willing to bet he leased the system and the installer went cheap... but my installer insisted that I wouldn't be able to use a smaller breaker... )

Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 8.39.27 PM.png

Not much, but a start!

Comment

• lkstaack
                Solar Fanatic
                • Nov 2014

I got finally approval from SDGE to connect to the grid HOORAY!!! I turned it on at 4pm and got a tiny bit of production before the sun went down.

As promised, SDGE did the power disconnect last monday 3/2 and my service panel was upgraded to a 125A panel to accommodate the 40A breaker for the solar system. (I did just notice that my neighbor two houses over does not have a service panel upgrade and is running a 20A breaker on 18 panels, I only have 15 panels. I'll have to ask him about his system specs. I'm willing to bet he leased the system and the installer went cheap... but my installer insisted that I wouldn't be able to use a smaller breaker... )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6029[/ATTACH]

Not much, but a start!
                How long did it take to get approval?
                LG280/SE6000/[url]http://tinyurl.com/pav2bn8[/url]

Comment

• Alisobob
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2014

Not much, but a start!
                  i_love_solar_power_heart_custom_personalized_sticker-r00c3c178ad7344fca8015c4e64ef80fd_v9wth_8by.jpg

Woo Hoo!!!

Comment

• subdriver97
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by lkstaack
                    How long did it take to get approval?
                    I got approval the day after the final inspection by the City

Timeline from contract to finish
                    12/17 contract signed with solar installer ($1,000 downpayment)
                    1/6 permit submitted
                    1/27 - 1/29 re-roof & pv solar installation ($6,930 to roofing company)
                    3/2 SDGE service disconnect & service panel upgrade ($3,500 paid for design & permit)
                    3/4 & 3/6 stucco repair
                    3/9 City Final Inspection ($9,483.00 paid for 80%)
                    3/10 SDGE Authority to Operate granted

Comment

• bcroe
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Jan 2012

Not much, but a start!
                      Frame that one and keep them coming. Bruce Roe

Comment

• lkstaack
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Nov 2014

1/6 permit submitted
                        3/2 SDGE service disconnect & service panel upgrade ($3,500 paid for design & permit)
                        3/4 & 3/6 stucco repair
                        Installer got right on it. It's going to be almost 90 days for me from contract to PV install. I'm hoping for a 30 MAR start date.
                        LG280/SE6000/[url]http://tinyurl.com/pav2bn8[/url]

Comment

• thejq
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Jul 2014

1/6 permit submitted
                          3/4 & 3/6 stucco repair
                          Excellent. Ask your installer to enable your SolarEdge public site so you can share with the rest of us.
                          16xLG300N1C+SE6000[url]http://tiny.cc/ojmxyx[/url]

Comment

• esquivelso
                            • Mar 2015

1/6 permit submitted
                            3/4 & 3/6 stucco repair
                            Hi subdriver,

Very new to this site and very new to the possiblity of going solar. Just recently got an EV lease so I think it's finally time to make the jump! I'm in San Marcos - any chance you, or anyone else, could PM me the name of the installer you used? Thanks so much!

Sergio

Comment

• Mayze
                              • Mar 2015

subdriver,

Also in North San Diego County and would appreciate a PM with your installer contact info. Thanks,

Mayze

Comment

• Thorin78
                                • Apr 2015

Likewise, please pm me your installer info if you wouldn't mind. Thank you.

Sounds like esquivelso got a Fiat 500e very recently. I know I did.

Comment

Working...