X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

Originally posted by myfriendSUN
    I still think you should call Enphase and they can fix it with a couple of mouse clicks.
    And perhaps a "nominal" several hundred dollar fee, depending on when the installation was contracted. The default these days is that only the licensed installer has panel level access AFAIK.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• myfriendSUN
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by inetdog
      And perhaps a "nominal" several hundred dollar fee, depending on when the installation was contracted. The default these days is that only the licensed installer has panel level access AFAIK.
      What if the owner is also the DIY installer?
      The owner has no right to manage and monitor their own system?
      I don't think any installer would monitor any of the system they installed unless the owner call them for problem.
      8.2KW 32x(PVmodule+inverter)+online monitoring

Comment

• sdold
        • Jun 2014

FWIW, you can log into the Envoy directly using its IP address. I did that a couple of times when I first installed my system, I don't recall if it needed a password but if so it was something like "admin". There was a lot of interesting data, but I didn't spend a lot of time with it. I only mention it because it's not something most people would think of trying.

Comment

• sdold
          • Jun 2014

What if the owner is also the DIY installer?
          If that's the case, when the owner sets up his account with Enphase, he lists himself as the installer by checking a box labeled something like "owner is also the installer". That makes the owner the manager of the system, and he gets the access to Enlighten Manager, which is what I have and sounds like what you want.

Comment

• myfriendSUN
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by sdold
            If that's the case, when the owner sets up his account with Enphase, he lists himself as the installer by checking a box labeled something like "owner is also the installer". That makes the owner the manager of the system, and he gets the access to Enlighten Manager, which is what I have and sounds like what you want.
            I have it.
            I turned on the system myself and installed the Envoy myself.
            I called Enphase for help to set up the Wifi connection and activate the account before my installer got the chance to do it.
            8.2KW 32x(PVmodule+inverter)+online monitoring

Comment

• sdold
              • Jun 2014

I called Enphase for help to set up the Wifi connection and activate the account before my installer got the chance to do it.
              Good deal I thought you were asking how the owner became manager, now I see the intent of your post.

Comment

• derekc
                • May 2014

I am the OP.
                I called Enphase and told them I am in a legal battle with my installer. They showed me how to remove their access on enlighten and then they changed my right from owner to Self-Installer. Now I have full access and the installer cannot alter anything and all micro-inverter serial numbers are preserved.
                Now I need to see what the status is for the PG&E interconnection process. There seems to be some hold up by them.

Comment

Working...