Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Mik
    • Feb 2011

Micro-inverters in Australia?

Can you tell me if there are any companies offering installation or sale of micro-inverter solar systems in Australia?
  • Mr. Mik
    • Feb 2011

Found something: laddertech dot com.
    Last edited by russ; 03-03-2011, 06:14 AM. Reason: link broken

Comment

• russ
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2009

No - You didn't find anything. That unit is one of the pieces of trash shysters try to sell to unsuspecting people.

Nothing to do with a microinverter as you were talking about.

Try a net search for microinverter - works wonders - if not that then find the brand name and search for that. The names are in posts here on the site.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Mr. Mik
        • Feb 2011

Thanks, found and read up on them a little, but could not find any for Australia (despite searching).

I imagine it would be a nightmare to try to get approval and rebates for the first system of it's kind to be installed in Australia. I need one that is approved and professionally installed, I bet they exclude DIY installations of GT systems.

Comment

• Mr. Mik
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by russ
          No - You didn't find anything. That unit is one of the pieces of trash shysters try to sell to unsuspecting people.

What do you base that assessment on?

They claim it is AS4777 certified - does that not mean it is a safe device and fit for the purpose?

Comment

• russ
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jul 2009

None of the 'plug & play' devices that connect to a plug in to supply power to the system are allowed in the US - none are UL certified.

The best source to ask about your situation is your local utility. This type of company that tries to glorify the climate change situation to make themselves look good leaves a bad taste. They spread a lot of BS and smoke mixed in with a few facts.

They give practically no information about this product on the site that I saw - that is never a good sign.

Russ
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• john p
              Solar Fanatic
              • Oct 2010

In australia

Mr Mik I dont think you are going to find any. I searched for them many times..Even asked a friend at Energex here in Qld. he said they would never get approval. And I seem to remember they are only available in 60hz .but not 100% sure on that

Comment

• russ
                Solar Fanatic
                • Jul 2009

Hi John - What do you think about the inverter at laddertech.com.au

Is the thing legal in Australia?

Russ
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• john p
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Oct 2010

Russ it doesnt give enough information to say anything about it.
                  it doesnt say how you connect it to your mains.
                  Here in Aus you would never be allowed to plug an inverter into a wall socket. anything connected to grid supply MUST be connected by an electrician.
                  Their site gives a whole page of not much except the usual "lets go green" what ever that means. nothing of substance.(sales talk only)

Comment

• russ
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Jul 2009

Thanks John - As I mentioned before, I do not like that type of web site with the green blather and no substance. Probably means they are not green at all but just greenwashing!

Practically no information or specs there - all you can see is the photo at the bottom of the home page.

For most anyone connected to the grid 250 watts of panel will not go far and they try to make it seem like a big thing.

Russ
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• john p
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Oct 2010

Russ sadly most "greenies" and business that claim to be green have nothing but green grass growing between their ears.
                      where it say anything about its grid connect? it just says for use with 100 w wind generator.(just great so you put into the inverter about 50 w for a total 1 hr a day) or 2x 48v panels of unknown wattage.?????
                      claims are big ,technical infoirmation .zero.
                      Have seen other plug into wall 240v inverters but they never have Aus aproval in fact do not even have import approval. We had one sent to us at work it was just junk and was 60hz but on the box it said for export to Aus..(but no approval number or anything like that) here its 50hz. It was rated at 300 w but it overheated and failed at about 250w.. just another inverter for the junk skip, along with many others and I might add lots of MPPT controllers.. far more than PWM types

Comment

• marcelswea
                        • Aug 2011

laddertech swea inverters

Originally posted by russ
                        Hi John - What do you think about the inverter at laddertech.com.au

Is the thing legal in Australia?

Russ
                        Hi,

Laddertech does sell mirco inverters legal in australia. they certainly are AS4777 certified and approved and hard wired.
                        great inverter! can handle up to 250 watt input and works between 20v - 55 volt DC. max input current 6,9 Amp.
                        this inverter does not have a MPPT but works with a linear power curve who's adjsutable with a RS-232 cable and some software (SIT.exe)
                        Swea Inverter Tool www.swea.nl downloads
                        it's also possible to put more inverters in line to have more power. connect more inverters parallel to devide more current than max 6,9.
                        this inverter does also have CE and G83 approval. UL is pending. we hope te get ul soon. it's probably going to be the same versions a the as4777 version is.

kind regards,

Marcel van der Heijden
                        Swea Europe BV
                        marcel AT swea.nl
                        this inverter is certainly not chinees junk and is wel developed in Holland.

MOD NOTE:
                        Please place your email and website info, in your member profile, not in messages. Protects you from address harversters
                        Last edited by Mike90250; 08-16-2011, 11:59 AM. Reason: make email un-clickable - spam protect for YOU!

Comment

• russ
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Jul 2009

Hi Marcel, I was just seeing a post on another forum where John p commented about your claim for Australia.

I will wait for him to do the same here.

As for UL pending - if you have applied you might say so but UL pending doesn't mean anything. That type of certification is digital - either you have it or you don't. Patent pending is an entirely different thing and concept.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• john p
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Oct 2010

Russ here is my post from another site about the SWEA inverter..
                            There are some posters here saying the SWEA inveter is legal in Australia to use. Well I have friends at the power company Energex and they tell me its not approved.. And they have seen that inverter and it does NOT meet their standards.
                            Another thing it could only be sold in Australia WITHOUT the plug, AND could only legally be hardwired into your house circuit by a licenced electrician ,that is when and if it gets approval and passes inspection by your relavent power company.

In Australia NOTHING can be legally hardwired into any house or building wiring connected to the power company grid except by a licensed electrician.. ie if you buy a tube fluro fitting you cannot legally wire it to the ceiling yourself unless you are a licensed electrician..

Comment

• kevin Chi
                              • Aug 2011

Yes, Altenergy Power System Inc is offering micor-inverter in Australia

Originally posted by Mr. Mik
                              Can you tell me if there are any companies offering installation or sale of micro-inverter solar systems in Australia?
                              Altenergy Power System Inc is offering micor-inverter in Australia NOW! APS is a US based company, manufacturing in China. We are starting to promote micro-inverter in Australia Market.

For more information, please leave the notes here in the Forum,
                              Kevin
                              Last edited by russ; 08-31-2011, 12:52 AM. Reason: Removed phone number

Comment

Working...