No announcement yet.

Solaredge Consumption Meter - display problem on dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it appears that reversing the CT direction worked, I now have them facing inside toward load/PV array. ReggieThomas I can't remember where you said your CTs were in relation to the the grid tie in but you might want to double check it. I am still configured for import/export (NET).
    Attached Files

Comment

I got this resolved with the help of Solaredge Support, they were fantastic. I was having an issue in which consumption shot up immediately after production began for the day and basically mirrored it the entire day. It looked odd.

Solaredge determined that the inverter was set for 100amp CTs rather than the 250 I was using. Next they flashed firmware on the inverter which gave me a cool new (to me) dashboard. They confirmed my setup was correct, CTs between LST and Meter, inverter set for import/export. I did need to point the CTs away from the grid as I mentioned earlier.

Attached is what the new setup looks like.

image_8765.jpgimage_8766.jpg

Comment

I had my installer come out again today and it appears the it has been resolved. Apparently, according to them, the default setup has the CTs rated at 5 amps instead of the 200, which explains why I would have data after hours, but it would be really small. So far the data looks right, but it's still daylight hours. I'll wait until tonight and tomorrow to see how it does overnight and tomorrow. So far, though, it looks right. That spike in my screenshot coincided with my electric car charging and me turning on the electric oven. Screenshot 2017-01-31 at 4.50.21 PM.png

Edit: wmkehn72, I jut realized that your issue was very similar to mine. I don't know why solaredge didn't suggest that when my installer was out here the first two times. But, that gives me more confidence that it'll work since yours is working. And mine is setup for Net as well.
        Last edited by reggiethomas; 01-31-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Yes that looks good ReggieThomas! Glad you got it resolved as well I see similar spikes to 5-6kw went my wife turns on the dryer now, hehe.

Comment

Having my installer setup this consumption monitor today on my SolarEdge 7600 inverter:

WNC-3Y-208-MB

Can anyone assist me in setting it up to appear on PVOutput?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wmkehn72 View Post
              I got this resolved with the help of Solaredge Support, they were fantastic. I was having an issue in which consumption shot up immediately after production began for the day and basically mirrored it the entire day. It looked odd.

Solaredge determined that the inverter was set for 100amp CTs rather than the 250 I was using. Next they flashed firmware on the inverter which gave me a cool new (to me) dashboard. They confirmed my setup was correct, CTs between LST and Meter, inverter set for import/export. I did need to point the CTs away from the grid as I mentioned earlier.

Attached is what the new setup looks like.

image_8765.jpgimage_8766.jpg
              Hi,

Does that mean you turned the CT's around so that instead the arrow points to grid, it points the other way?

Ruud.

Comment

Yes pointing the CT arrow away from the grid, or reversing the CT wires on the modbus meter effectively does the same thing.

Comment

​​​​​I would not recommend facing the CTs the wrong way, or reversing the wiring. I installed mine per the instructions, with the arrows facing the grid, and the CTs are wired black to black and white to white. I programmed my meter (address 2, since my installer has a production meter in the DC disconnect box at address 1) as Import-Export, with the proper CT current rating. As soon as I got mine connected and powered up, I was able to see the appropriate info on my SE dashboard. I have the SE-MTR-240-2-200, so that may be a factor (I think it's the same meter, but it comes with the housing and CTs). I get what I believe to be the correct display on my SE app and the website. I highly recommend anybody doing this themselves to be especially careful when dealing with CTs on line voltage cables. Do not clamp the cable without having the wiring landed on the meter...something might get lit up. I also recommend that you read through and understand the instructions before you begin. It is certainly doable by a DIYer, it took me about an hour.

Screenshot_20171110-152112.png
                  Screenshot_20171110-152346.png

Comment

Originally posted by eah123 View Post
                    Yes, I'm in the USA. I'm an end-user, not an installer. I did all the wiring for the meter myself. It's easy, just need to be smart and not touch the hot wires.

Based on the information in your original post, I believe your CT's are wired correctly.

The Energy Manager is configured in the inverter. You do need to take off the cover of the top part in order to access the menu buttons. Hold down "Enter", enter the default password (12312312). Main menu->Power Control->Energy Manager
                    To activate: Limit Control -> Control Mode -> Export Control
                    Site Limit should stay as <-> (no limit)

Make sure the meter mode is set as Feed-in + Purchased.

Main menu->Communication->RS485-1 Conf->Revenue Meter->Meter Func.->Feed-in + Purchased

I figured it out after reading this in the meter installation manual:
                    Calculated meter readings, such as self-consumption, are calculated using the data measured by the meter and the inverters. Calculated meters are only sent when Energy Manager is enabled (for details refer to http://www.solaredge.com/files/pdfs/...in_limitation_ application_note.pdf).
                    At some point, the terminology in the firmware was changed from Export+Import to Feed-in+Purchased!
                    I know this is really late, but your configuration settings helped me fix issues I had with mine.
                    My self consumption was tracking my generation almost exactly before I updated the settings.
                    Now it just works.

Comment

Working...
                    X