Solaredge Consumption Meter - display problem on dashboard

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eah123
    • Oct 2015

CJ_Streamline BluePhoton Check that the meter is grounded and C CT is shorted ?

Comment

• reggiethomas
      • Nov 2016

I'm hoping this thread isn't too old and I can get some help.I notified my i installer but as they use a contractor in my area, there hasn't been anyone yet to come look at my setup. I'm not sure what is setup incorrectly, but currently, my graphs are showing basically 0 consumption. Basically my consumption graph looks exactly the same. Here's what it looks like with all the options set.

screenshot.png

If I were to select only Consumption, the graph would look exactly the same. It's clearly wrong as there's no way I'm using exactly what I produce. On the reports section of my dashboard, if I select Site Commissioning, this is what I see.

Meters
      Verify that all meters are configured as planned
      Export Meter XXXXXXX WNC-3D-240-MB FeedIn 6,177 12/06/2016 17:14
      Import Meter XXXXXXX WNC-3D-240-MB Purchased 5,497 12/06/2016 17:14
      I don't know where the numbers come from as they don't match my usage... they also don't match the graph.

Here is what my breaker looks like.

breaker-cleaned.jpg

Any clues on what I can do?

Thanks.

Comment

• eah123
        • Oct 2015

https://ctlsys.com/wp-content/upload...Manual-V18.pdf

See the manual, page 11 for the wiring diagram.

The troubleshooting of the meter is fairly simple. You need to observe it to confirm correct connections. Based on your picture, it is most likely located in the DC section of the inverter or an external box.

The meter is reading zero. So either 1) Communication is not correctly wired or not connected 2) Line voltages are not correctly wired or disconnected or 3) CTs (current transformers) are not connected.

If all status lights are off, then your problem is 2)
        If Com light is off and phase A and B lights are on, then your problem is 1)
        If Com light is on and phase A and B lights are red, then your problem is 3)

Comment

• reggiethomas
          • Nov 2016

I just checked and the com light is on (or blinking really rapidly), and phase A (mine reads L1 CT) is blinking green and phase B (L2 CT) is blinking red.

The manual says that green blinking is for positive and red is for negative power. It's past 7pm here so there shouldn't be any positive power. Am I understanding that correctly?
          Last edited by reggiethomas; 12-06-2016, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• eah123
            • Oct 2015

OK, I assume that it is night time at your location? If that is the case, then your phase B CT is wired in reverse and you need to switch the wires on that phase.

Comment

• reggiethomas
              • Nov 2016

Thanks for you help... Here's a picture of my meter. Would I be switching my red and black wires on the left side?

foto_no_exif.jpg

Comment

• eah123
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by reggiethomas
                Thanks for you help... Here's a picture of my meter. Would I be switching my red and black wires on the left side?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n337781[/ATTACH]

Where it says L2 on the left side you need to switch the white and black wires. I also suggest you place a short "jumper" wire across the L3 terminals.

Comment

• solar pete
                  Administrator
                  • May 2014

Whoa...hold the phone, while I have no doubt eah123 is right, in most cases anyone who is not qualified who messes with this will void there warranty, I would recommend you get onto your installer and suggest a bad review is coming their way if they dont get this sorted ASAP

Comment

• SunEagle
                    Super Moderator
                    • Oct 2012

I have to agree with solar pete. If there is any power going through the B phase then by removing the CT wires at the terminal block could result in an electrical shock.

Please get the installer or an electrician that has the proper personal protective equipment to do this work.

Comment

• reggiethomas
                      • Nov 2016

It was late last night so I didn't do it, but I took solar pete's advice and threatened bad reviews, and the installer came out today and got on the call with solaredge support. They actually reversed the wires on the phase A. It appears to be working now.. at least the consumption number changed when I plugged and unplugged my electric car. However now, it's reading as only consumption and not feedin+purchased as it was before. That's better than nothing but I assume I won't have self consumption numbers.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

Comment

• eah123
                        • Oct 2015

I can't tell from your photo where your solar is being fed into your breaker box. If it is above your CTs, outside of the breaker box, (in between the power company's meter and your breaker box), then Consumption is the right setting. If inverter power is being backfed into the breaker box (there should be a sticker placed on the cover of your breaker box that says so), then you have to change the setting to Feedin+purchased, otherwise you will be reading Consumption minus production as Consumption. I suspect that is what you are getting. It may be hard to tell because system production is low during the wintertime.

Changing the meter setting to Feedin+purchased does require removing the inverter cover, so you will will probably want to give your installer a call if a change needs to be made.

Comment

• reggiethomas
                          • Nov 2016

There's a sticker that says the PV system is backfed, so feedin+purchased is what I'll need. I wonder if it was changed because of the powercycle of the inverter or if it was intentional. Either way, I'll give it a couple days to make sure the data is actually generating and then I'll get it changed.

Comment

• wmkehn72
                            • Dec 2016

Reggiethomas did you ever get resolution on this? I just installed my WNC-3Y-208-MB and had to switch my mode from import/export to consumption because the graph didn't look right at first. My CT is located north of (utility side) of my line side taps.

Thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

• reggiethomas
                              • Nov 2016

The installers came out last month and spoke to solaredge support. After they left, there was no more consumption reported during production hours, and self-consumption went away as well. I was off the next day and changed it to import/export and the graphs went back to looking the way it had before they came. What I don't understand is that there is consumption being reported, but it's in the Wh range instead of the kWH. I did some tests early in the morning by plugging in my electric car and the inverter display indicated that it would switch from export to import mode, but the values are way off. It basically indicates that I'm using about 0.25kWh during night hours when I'm using at least 8 with my car plugged in.

I've emailed my installers to get them back to take another look. Depending on what that results, I may change it to consumption as you have it (although I do wonder if it's the wiring or components that's the issue)

Comment

• wmkehn72
                                • Dec 2016

Mine is still not right either as my consumption went to zero right at sunset here. The meter went from green blinking to red blinking so I know the CT is oriented correctly as I am now pulling power off the grid.

I have since changed it back to import/export since this is what "should" be going on with NET but what I don't understand is why the inverter is showing it currently (after sunset) as export rather than import/consumption. I'm thinking I need to turn the CTs around.

Comment

Working...