Clear All
  • fivewin
    • Aug 2016

Btw, forgot to upload a closeup pict of above cheap chinese powerbank
    Attached Files

Comment

• Mike90250
      • May 2009

Cat Fully Charged PurdyC.jpgMy charger has an indicator light to show when the cat is fully charged
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• inetdog
        Super Moderator
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Mike90250
        ]My charger has an indicator light to show when the cat is fully charged
        I love those wireless charging pads.
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• Sunking
          Solar Fanatic
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by fivewin
          How about if i charge 2 or 3 18650 batteries in paralel connecting this module to a 10wp panel? Will it work. Its my intention to lightup a 5watt usb led for about 6 hours every evening.
          You are not understanding basic physics. It is no more complicated than a bank account.

If you open an account and deposit $10 initially, spend $5 per day and only deposit $3 per day you are bankrupt. and broke in a week. That is what your battery will be, exhausted and broke. The difference in physics, there is no one to give you money or extend credit. Out of power and your toast. No one can change that.

In electric energy money is Watt Hours, You have to generate more than you use. Use more than you generate and you are done. You cannot run an engine with no gas no matter what you think or do.
          Last edited by Sunking; 09-08-2016, 08:41 PM.
          MSEE, PE

Comment

• inetdog
            Super Moderator
            • May 2012

Extending that analogy for a moment:

Suppose you start with $10 in the account.
            Each day you visit the bank, go up to the teller and say: Here is $5 to put into my account and I would like $4 back please.

Are you depositing and then withdrawing? Are you withdrawing and then depositing?
            Are you depositing only $1 and not withdrawing anything?
            Are you depositing and withdrawing at the same time?

The answer is that it does not matter. You have the same money in hand and the same amount in the account either way.

Now if you deposit $4 and withdraw $5, you are definitely, as in Sunking's example, withdrawing from your account and it will end up at zero.

The electrons do not really care how you describe what is happening. What counts is the results.

Comment

• fivewin
              • Aug 2016

Its really charging WHILE i lightup the bulb. This means, more amps coming in than the lamp uses... Or not?? When the sun goes down it still lightup. Like someone said above my powerbank(circuit) seems to work like a chargecontroller ... For me this is then a effective cheap solution. Such a powerbank is about the same price as a chargecontroller but then incl one or more li-ion batteries

Comment

• fivewin
                • Aug 2016

Question:
                I found this circuit somewhere on internet. If Im able to make this and the bulb continuously burning, will it work like above powerbank??

Why making myself? I want to decide myself what kind of li-ion or another type I want to use
                Attached Files
                Last edited by fivewin; 09-09-2016, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• SunEagle
                  Super Moderator
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by fivewin
                  Question:
                  I found this circuit somewhere on internet. If Im able to make this and the bulb continuously burning, will it work like above powerbank??

Why making myself? I want to decide myself what kind of li-ion or another type I want to use
                  The problem might be that a solar panel may not work with that device as a solar charge controller will with a battery. Again you can try it but the results may not be to your satisfaction.

Comment

• Sunking
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Feb 2010

Maybe this will help.

MSEE, PE

Comment

• Mike90250
                      • May 2009

Sunking, has anyone spoken to you about charging for your classes ? Such a deal for free !!
                      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Sunking
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Mike90250
                        Sunking, has anyone spoken to you about charging for your classes ? Such a deal for free !!
                        Kind of. I have done a few classes for Mike Holt, tons of classes during my years in Generation and Communication for Employees and Contractors. Even taught two semesters at a junior college when I got laid off in 2003 before I went into biz for myself. Hated that job.
                        MSEE, PE

Comment

• inetdog
                          Super Moderator
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by Sunking
                          .... Even taught two semesters at a junior college when I got laid off in 2003 before I went into biz for myself. Hated that job.
                          They wouldn't let you cuss out the students?

Or that they did not want to learn?

Comment

• Sunking
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by inetdog
                            They wouldn't let you cuss out the students?

Or that they did not want to learn?
                            Yes to both. They would not let me beat on the knuckleheads to root them out and get rid of them. I am serious, I could not fail a student unless he/she missed 12 days or more . That is 2.5 weeks of a 9-week semester. As long as they showed up, they got a 1.0 or D minimum. School did not want to hurt their poor dear little feelings. Kind of scary when you think about it.
                            MSEE, PE

Comment

• inetdog
                              Super Moderator
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by Sunking
                              ...School did not want to hurt their poor dear little feelings.
                              That or more likely they did not want to ruin the students' good standing for Federal loans to pay their bills?

Even not-for-profit schools have some of that motivation, I think.

Comment

• Sunking
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by inetdog
                                That or more likely they did not want to ruin the students' good standing for Federal loans to pay their bills?
                                Absolutely has something to do with it. That is exactly why private schools and universities usually provide a better education as they take no Federal Funds and the Strings attached to Fed dollars. In private schools slackers are sent back home.
                                MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...