How to increase solar panel output amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ex to U View Post

Everybody here at Media Library a corporation that's been around for 35 years look it up. Recognized that you're trying to go us into telling you our secret. It's funny the arguing you made made no sense at all, of course when you put those same lights up you speak of all over your house for Christmas you never complain on how much money you're burning through only when we are getting close to going totally green. You must work in a sealed that this idea would affect directly, brainwashing kids with the idea of thinking outside the box wow that's a new one! Of course for everybody who may read this in the future and Facebook and Twitter I wanted you to know that I forward it to over 2,000 people on my Facebook and Twitter who follow me so even if you take this down people will know exactly what you said. Of course it's going into the third book I've written, just to show you that people out there who will be totally angry and mean to you to get you to just accept what they've been given and never try to invent anything new. Because that's exactly what we are doing we are experimenting to create something new and you have a problem with it why who's to say, but here's the facts that idea works we've been using it it's not about how much money the project cost it's about unplugging from the system and we've already done that. So you say what's the problem then the problem is the system is still overheating, once that is figure it out then this will be on the market don't matter how many times you call people idiots, we create the future you have this idea that everything is already been done so why try doing anything else. Sorry we're not cut that way!!!!!!
    This reminds me of the statement that while we're all entitled to our own opinions, we're not entitled to our own facts.

From what I've seen of your information as presented here, from a technical or engineering viewpoint, I don't believe you know what your writing about.

Comment

Okay my name is Bruce, and I'm weighing in on media libraries account I don't understand what you're talking about how would the economy be hurt if you're paying 10 to 50 more for electricity and think that that would bankrupt our country please explain how this could happen?
      What I am saying is you are only giving the kids limited information biased toward a predetermined conclusion. You asked how many of the $10 solar lights would it take to power a house?

It is a simple math question easily modeled. Solar Landscape lights use a 1-watt cell to charge a single NiCd battery. A typical home with a Grid Tied System large enough to net neutrality is 7,000 to 10,000 watts. Do you have that many lights, time, enough free labor, and free material to do that?

Issue is you do not know enough about the subject to be a subject matter expert for kids. It is what you do not know and what you are not telling. All the kids get is Pro's and sugar coating side of a limited scope.

Sorry for being so rough on you, but education is a hot button with me, and seeing teachers forced to teach subjects they are not qualified to teach irks me. Nothing personal, that is what education has degraded to today.
      Last edited by Sunking; 10-08-2018, 05:25 PM.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

🤗👌👍
        Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
          What I am saying is you are only giving the kids limited information biased toward a predetermined conclusion. You asked how many of the $10 solar lights would it take to power a house?

It is a simple math question easily modeled. Solar Landscape lights use a 1-watt cell to charge a single NiCd battery. A typical home with a Grid Tied System large enough to net neutrality is 7,000 to 10,000 watts. Do you have that many lights, time, enough free labor, and free material to do that?

Issue is you do not know enough about the subject to be a subject matter expert for kids. It is what you do not know and what you are not telling. All the kids get is Pro's and sugar coating side of a limited scope.

Sorry for being so rough on you, but education is a hot button with me, and seeing teachers forced to teach subjects they are not qualified to teach irks me. Nothing personal, that is what education has degraded to today.
          I am not qualified to even say that I am a teacher, on the same statement I am teaching Are Young people in a workshop to have imagination and to think outside the box, I tell them it doesn't matter if it didn't work it's all about the attempt which teaches us what we can and cannot do. I also say do not accept what people say is impossible, for the day you do that there is nothing new they can ever be invented

Comment

I am not qualified to even say that I am a teacher, on the same statement I am teaching Are Young people in a workshop to have imagination and to think outside the box, I tell them it doesn't matter if it didn't work it's all about the attempt which teaches us what we can and cannot do. I also say do not accept what people say is impossible, for the day you do that there is nothing new they can ever be invented
            While being as or more guilty as anyone else of bloviating, I'd suggest all this is off the topic of things related to the sign over the door that says "Solar Panel Talk".

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

While being as or more guilty as anyone else of bloviating, I'd suggest all this is off the topic of things related to the sign over the door that says "Solar Panel Talk".
              I have to totally agree but the day I stepped on to this board everyone let me have it, I have to say I just wanted to ask questions to see if anyone was experimenting with new ideas, I think I may just go elsewhere I think I'm being too disruptive just from asking the questions I'm asking, I think you guys anyway I'll be seeing you around

Comment

while we're all entitled to our own opinions, we're not entitled to our own facts

Well, I'm a gonna weigh in with my standard debunking statement:
                When you cut the power lines going to your house/shop/school and I see the lights are still on after 2 rainy days, you will have my attention.

Increasing amps, electronics terminology gibberish, fiber optic batteries, and substandard english in your blog, don't inspire hope in my heart for your students, who will get schooled quite quickly in real life, when they leave your presence, and if they really wake up, they are likely to be quite angry, as I would be.
                Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

I am not qualified to even say that I am a teacher, on the same statement I am teaching
                  I read your BLOG and all I see is Junk Science and Poppycock. That is not teaching, that is Fraud.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by sunking View Post

i read your blog and all i see is junk science and poppycock. That is not teaching, that is fraud.
                    +1

j.p.m.

Comment

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've been reading many threads with a lot of useful information.

And then I got to this one and I just cannot resist to comment.

This guy "EX for U" is just like the homeopathy loons, trying to convince people that they have a huge "secret" and that "conventional" science (which is real science in normal people speak) cannot explain it. And he or his "corporation" may also be scammers too.

The guy's blog is full of stuff like "free energy", "eternal batteries" and conspiracy theories about corporations not wanting your to know about those wonderful things.

My guess is this guy did not come seeking any advise, he just wanted to spread his "knowledge" and talk about his "secret" so it appears on google searches.

Sorry to be offtopic, but the pseudoscience people get on my nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by Glock24 View Post
                        Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've been reading many threads with a lot of useful information.

And then I got to this one and I just cannot resist to comment.

This guy "EX for U" is just like the homeopathy loons, trying to convince people that they have a huge "secret" and that "conventional" science (which is real science in normal people speak) cannot explain it. And he or his "corporation" may also be scammers too.

The guy's blog is full of stuff like "free energy", "eternal batteries" and conspiracy theories about corporations not wanting your to know about those wonderful things.

My guess is this guy did not come seeking any advise, he just wanted to spread his "knowledge" and talk about his "secret" so it appears on google searches.

Sorry to be offtopic, but the pseudoscience people get on my nerves.
                        Hello Glock24 and welcome to Solar Panel Talk

I would not worry about EX to U since their last post was almost a year a go. They are gone along with the BS they were peddling.

Comment

Greetings!

Please can anyone explain to me that battery bank charging time depends on panels power?
                          if i increase days of anatomy in PVSyst why only battery bank capacity increase not the panels power?
                          Thank....

Comment

Originally posted by waqar85 View Post
                            Greetings!
                            Please can anyone explain to me that battery bank charging time depends on panels power?
                            if i increase days of anatomy in PVSyst why only battery bank capacity increase not the panels power?
                            Thank....
                            Lead Acid batteries, generally want to be charged at about 10% of their capacity. If it's a 200ah battery, you should be able to provide 20A for charging.
                            With solar, you may not have enough hours in a day to do a "preferred gentle" charge, and have to charge with more amps in the short winter days. Or use a generator to assist the charging.
                            So, actually, a larger battery bank does need more charging capacity.

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                            || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                            || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                            gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Sorry to bring this thread back up. It was entertaining to read tho. But what was the guy actually trying to do? Was he reinventing what nasa already has a patent for? This nasa page was last updated in 2015.
                              https://www.nasa.gov/ames-partnershi...or-solar-cells
                              Another similar article was printed in the Green Optimist back in 2009.
                              https://www.greenoptimistic.com/opti...ells-20091102/
                              Last edited by Fordtrucksforever; 10-31-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Hello,
                                I have a basic solar panel system consisting of two solar panels with charge controller (MPPT) and inverter, everything was working fine until today I started the angle grinder and then the inverter shuts off, I touch the back of the solar inverter and it's somewhat warm, then I turn on the grinder again and it shuts off again, any advise?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X