Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solisd2020 View Post
    Hello,
    I have a basic solar panel system consisting of two solar panels with charge controller (MPPT) and inverter, everything was working fine until today I started the angle grinder and then the inverter shuts off, I touch the back of the solar inverter and it's somewhat warm, then I turn on the grinder again and it shuts off again, any advise?

Thanks.
    MY guess is that the grinder pulls down the battery voltage (you did not mention the size of the battery or panel wattage) below what the inverter is looking for.

Comment

I'm sorry I am new at this, I also plug in a jigsaw with same results, I've got two (12v) batteries connected in such a way to stay with 12v. My two solar panels are worth 200 watts. and I have a 3000 watt Power inverter. Thanks.

Comment

I'm sorry I am new at this, I also plug in a jigsaw with same results, I've got two (12v) batteries connected in such a way to stay with 12v. My two solar panels are worth 200 watts. and I have a 3000 watt Power inverter. Thanks.
        Well unless those batteries are rated for your system it is probably not providing enough power to run your grinder. The batteries may also not being fully charged although with 400 watts they should provide about 33 charging amps unless you really don't have a true MPPT CC. And the 3000 watt inverter will slowly drain your battery even without a load.

Comment

As a guess your batteries and/or wiring isn't cutting it.

Let's assume some numbers. Your grinder might take 1500 watts to start up. 1500 watts is 125 amps. That requires two good (fairly new 100ah or so batteries) with at least 2 gauge wiring if the wiring run is short. If it's long you need closer to 1/0.

If you are using lesser batteries or thinner wire, the voltage is probably dropping too low and the inverter is cutting out.

Also not sure of what inverter you are using, but if it's the cheapest 12V inverter you could find on Amazon, it is likely not really a 3000 watt inverter.

Comment

Working...
          X