X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by mjlef

1/3 the cost? What string inverters are you using? Sounds like a great deal. I see them being 33% to 50% less expensive than the cost of microinverters, and given most string inverters last about 10 years, I would expect the lifetime cost of microinverters to typically be less.

Capacitors are a weak point in many electronics. Enphase has studied them a lot (paper here: https://enphase.com/sites/default/fi...acitorLife.pdf).
    In this thread I was talking about the operating cost of a heat pump water heater versus a resistive element. I was supporting your statement and offering a counter argument to @Mike90250 who lives off grid and has different cost factors than someone on the grid. His argument makes sense for someone in his situation, but not necessarily for someone in a temperate environment in an all electric home.

I think the discussion about string inverters vs microinverters is in another thread. I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other about string inverters vs microinverters. I have a combination of both in my current residence, plus my main system is a SolarEdge with Optimizers.
    Last edited by Ampster; 01-09-2020, 11:50 PM.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...