Tesla solar panels

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funguy11
    replied
    Tesla is offering 8 and 12 kW systems for $2.5 a watt which is very competitive and Tesla taking out a lot of the hassling from the process for consumers but offer a fixed price. Hopefully other residential solar panel firms become equally transparent.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    If you believe things at SolarCity/Tesla have changed, I've got bridges for sale. See David Robinson's columns in the Buffalo News for the shenanigans going on that the NY financed $750 million plant is doing. It's B.S. as usual. They've also just revealed a plan to "slash" prices and sell 4 kW (STC I'm assuming) for $2.85/W before fed. rebate, which BTW, is about or close to the national average per STC W these days. They will sell in 4 kW increments and do so with some customer involvement such as photos of meters and roofs. I don't see that coming to a good end.

As for the roof tiles, no price cut on them. They're still planning on being about 2X the price of a standard panel. Also, the production of the roof tile panels has been delayed again to "some future date". Still not ready for prime time 2 1/2 years after a flashy Hollywood rollout. So don't hold your breath and have deep pockets and a lot of hope and faith when that turkey finally does get released.

Anyone who knows anything about SolarCity/Tesla and their B.S. won't go near their products. I've not seen anything that would change my mind on them. About the only thing different in their "new sales model" model is that the B.S. is greater than before. It's more of the P.T. Barnum model.
    Last edited by J.P.M.; 05-04-2019, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• malba2366
    started a topic Tesla solar panels

Tesla solar panels

After recent price drops (which the local companies I called won't even come close to) of $2.65/watt before all incentives, is it worth considering Tesla Energy for solar panel installation? Does anyone have recent experience?

I know Solarcity has horrible reviews, but from reading them a lot of them seem to have to do with leasing "scams" and misleading sales pitches. With their new sales model all of that element appears to have been removed from the process.
Working...