Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zzzzyyyyxxxx
    replied
    Originally posted by J.P.M.
    As an opinion, yes, it's that bad. As a matter of opinion, I think Sunpower's customer service interface munches the hairy root. For all that they appear to be not doing about it, I'd say they don't care about customer service more than a wet fart.

I've had a Sunpower system for > 4.5 yrs. The system works great (and note: Just like other quality equipment - no better, no worse), but I stopped trying to communicate after a couple of years of getting no more than moronic answers from 20 something twits in some foreign country boiler room sweat shop who could all be replaced with paper clips and who do no more than repeat the same marketing crap I've seen since before I bought the equipment.

Not that I'm surprised. All that only makes their marketing B.S. and hype about best and most efficient more ironic and cynical.

I've been saying so around here for almost as long as I've been posting.

Buy other stuff because you can get the same system quality and system reliability (if you choose installers wisely) for a lot less money up front with more long term system cost effectiveness.
    I read a lot of your post in this forum. Learned a lot and I totally agree with you that solar is commodity. I.e., One should buy a "ford", not "mercedes".

The reasons I'm still considering SunPower are:

1. They are only about 10% more expensive, than LG Neon R + Enphase (quoted by another reputable installer). I have a small system (3.5kW), so the difference is only about $1,000.

2. Aesthetically they do look better with their Invisimount.

3. Everything is under SunPower's name, so there's no pointing fingers if something is wrong.

One the other side, I'm really worrying about their customer service...

Leave a comment:

• zzzzyyyyxxxx
    replied
    Originally posted by Kendalf
    On Yelp you'll only find reviews of service providers. LG and Panasonic do not provide installation services, hence no reviews. You can find more reviews of solar install companies on solarreviews.com, and perhaps search for reviews of local solar systems written by people who purchased LG or Panasonic panels.
    Thanks for the explanation. The problem about reviews for service providers, or installers, is they only do installation... So most of them get very good reviews based on their installation work. I do find those "SunPower by XX" installers have good reviews, too.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    As an opinion, yes, it's that bad. As a matter of opinion, I think Sunpower's customer service interface munches the hairy root. For all that they appear to be not doing about it, I'd say they don't care about customer service more than a wet fart.

I've had a Sunpower system for > 4.5 yrs. The system works great (and note: Just like other quality equipment - no better, no worse), but I stopped trying to communicate after a couple of years of getting no more than moronic answers from 20 something twits in some foreign country boiler room sweat shop who could all be replaced with paper clips and who do no more than repeat the same marketing crap I've seen since before I bought the equipment.

Not that I'm surprised. All that only makes their marketing B.S. and hype about best and most efficient more ironic and cynical.

I've been saying so around here for almost as long as I've been posting.

Buy other stuff because you can get the same system quality and system reliability (if you choose installers wisely) for a lot less money up front with more long term system cost effectiveness.

Leave a comment:

• Kendalf
    replied
    On Yelp you'll only find reviews of service providers. LG and Panasonic do not provide installation services, hence no reviews. You can find more reviews of solar install companies on solarreviews.com, and perhaps search for reviews of local solar systems written by people who purchased LG or Panasonic panels.

Leave a comment:

• zzzzyyyyxxxx
    started a topic How bad is SunPower customer service?

How bad is SunPower customer service?

Their yelp review is really bad, with a lot of people complaining customer service being not responsive after installation
    On the other hand, I could not find any customer service reviews for other brands, say, LG and Panasonic. So I'm in a dilemma now, should I choose a brand with bad reviews or no review...

P.S Admin note, please no links to any solar reviews sites unless it is our site sponsor www.solarreviews.com
    Last edited by solar pete; 05-03-2018, 07:22 PM.
Working...