How bad is SunPower customer service?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solar pete
    replied
    I just wonder how long it will be before they have to replace the current miro inverters with the next batch that are supposed to be better, well yes we are installers who made the mistake of getting into micro inverters and we have replaced hundreds of them, not anymore though we now refuse to use the crap things

Leave a comment:

• MQGalano
    replied
    Ok Sunpowe has replace all of my microinverters and it didn't cost me a dime. They even are sending me a prepaid MC for over $400 because the system underperformed and fell short of what it was suppose to make. I wonder if any other installer has ever done that for someone.

Leave a comment:

• plj2828
    replied
    SunPower is known for their best panels, I came across this blog post that was informative to make the decision to go with sunpower panels:

MOD NOTE: Please do not attach solar equipment web-links to your post.

Last edited by SunEagle; 11-21-2018, 06:45 PM. Reason: removed weblink

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by zafris

I agree, chat seems to be limited, but, and it's my experience, SunPower customer service are very professionals and resolve my problem quickly.
    I've had little luck with either method. Bunch of 20 something unaware dorks that use english as a second language with little knowledge of what they're talking about. About as useful as legs on a snake.

Leave a comment:

• MQGalano
    replied
    Sunpower support might not be the greatest but one thing about them is they still stand behind there system. i know a couple of other people who have had problems with there system and if it any other manufaturer they will first tell you to talk to the installer ad blame them for incorrect installation or not even respond to the end user/system owner. As for sunpower if you just keep talking with them and keep track of your system they will take care of the problem.

Leave a comment:

• zafris
    replied
    Originally posted by Kingram
    I have contacted SunPower customer service 4 times and they did a good job addressing my needs , calling them gets the best results but chat seems limited.
    I agree, chat seems to be limited, but, and it's my experience, SunPower customer service are very professionals and resolve my problem quickly.

Leave a comment:

• JSchnee21
    replied
    Just to say, if you really like/want SunPower panels you can purchase them from a number of local installers (depending on where you live). You can then pair them with optimizers, micros, or string, and whatever racking you choose. Check installer reviews on EnergySage, Angies List, word of mouth, etc.

Definitely choose a reputable installer with good reviews and at least 10 yrs in business. Many of the large installers will have access to Panasonic, LG, etc. so you can directly compare pricing on systems with the same (or very similar) inverters and racking. That said, panels are a commodity and modern panels from any number of mid tier Chinese/Korean vendors (Hanwha, Trina, Jinko, etc) are really just as good and significantly cheaper (at least for your installer). But if your sold on an all black panel, then yes, your're going to pay for premium SunPower, NeonR, or Panasonic Black panels. Also keep in mind these panels will under perform their white back sheet counterparts due to the added heat -- especially if they are mounted nearly flush to your roof.

Whatever you do, do not buy SunPower AC panels with integrated micros. These seem to be having multiple issues from the recent posts here on the board. Enphase seems to be improving, but if it were me, I'd still go with SolarEdge (again). I went with Panasonic (330W) last year for my install (over the Neon2 320W). The NeonR was not out yet, and because of limitations in my roof square footage I wanted the highest efficiency possible at the time.

Best,
    Jonathan

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by MQGalano
    the pain is when you have problems with the system customer support is bad. Like in my last post all calls are taken by a call center that takes at least 15 min in a phone cue.
    I too own a S.P. system. Good equipment, but no better than other quality stuff.

Based on early experiences, I gave up on any expectations of professionalism on the part of their customer service dept. after about 4 or 5 attempts at communication with useless outcomes. To me their customer service dept. is an embarrassment.

Leave a comment:

• MQGalano
    replied
    the pain is when you have problems with the system customer support is bad. Like in my last post all calls are taken by a call center that takes at least 15 min in a phone cue.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by MQGalano
    Sunpower support is all automated support. They will send your call to a call center and most of the time the only thing they will do is ask you to wait while they look into it. I have a sunpower system sitting on my roof and it has been nothing but a pain. I love there product but there service is sub par.
    So you love systems that are nothing but a pain. I'd guess that also means your happy to have paid a premium for Sunpower and get the same annual output as other quality but less expensive equipment. ?

Leave a comment:

• Kingram
    replied
    Pain - What problems are you having with your system?

Leave a comment:

• MQGalano
    replied
    Sunpower support is all automated support. They will send your call to a call center and most of the time the only thing they will do is ask you to wait while they look into it. I have a sunpower system sitting on my roof and it has been nothing but a pain. I love there product but there service is sub par.

Leave a comment:

• Kingram
    replied
    I have never contacted the Installer , I go through the Solar company (Sun Solar Solutions ) or Sunpower and they send out the Install company (Titan )

Leave a comment:

• zzzzyyyyxxxx
    replied
    Originally posted by Kingram
    I have contacted SunPower customer service 4 times and they did a good job addressing my needs , calling them gets the best results but chat seems limited.
    Thanks a lot for the input! A quick Q: Do you usually contact your installer first, or SunPower directly? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Kingram
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...