Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cf4man
    • Nov 2016

Sun Edison Bankruptcy and Warranty

I have a solar rooftop system from Sun Edison that was installed in November 2015. I was nervous because I didn't know if anyone would assume the warranty after the bankruptcy, and my calls to Sun Edison went unanswered. I was happy to get a letter this week from a company called Flex (Formerly Flextronics) that indicated that my home solar system warranty was being assumed by Flex as part of a sale of Sun Edison assets. The number given in the letter for warranty information is 1-855-905-3539. The body of the letter is attached. SunEdison.jpg
    Last edited by cf4man; 11-13-2016, 07:13 PM. Reason: removed duplicate attachment
  • cebury
    Solar Fanatic
    • Sep 2011

That's good news, hopefully they don't try to sneakily "provide coverage" under " their terms" which may have been different than the original.

Comment

• tbradybunch
      • Dec 2017

Would you please repost the letter if it is still valid? Our water heater is failing, and I am searching for recourse since we only have a few weeks left on our warranty. Unfortunately our builder is not honoring the warranty from Sun Edison. I would appreciate any other information you can share. Thank you

Comment

• sdaysin
        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by cf4man
        I have a solar rooftop system from Sun Edison that was installed in November 2015. I was nervous because I didn't know if anyone would assume the warranty after the bankruptcy, and my calls to Sun Edison went unanswered. I was happy to get a letter this week from a company called Flex (Formerly Flextronics) that indicated that my home solar system warranty was being assumed by Flex as part of a sale of Sun Edison assets. The number given in the letter for warranty information is 1-855-905-3539. The body of the letter is attached. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n335356[/ATTACH]
        Can you post your letter again? or post as a PDF? Or send to me please? I am in the same situation. My solar array is a Sun Edison Signature Series warranty. Didn't realize Sun Edisone had gone out of business.

Comment

Working...