41.3kW DIY Solar Panel Install on 4 houses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41.3kW DIY Solar Panel Install on 4 houses

I'm pretty excited about getting my first solar. To make the numbers add up I really have to install it myself as much as possible. I'm starting with House A which is my primary residence. I'm definitely going to be on here asking a lot of questions .

My goal is to get House A and B done this year. I have 4 months left so hopefully that's enough time.

screen.png

Wow I hope you researched how your local utility is going to treat your proposed system? In my area anything more than 10 KW connected to the utility makes it very expensive to interconnect and net metering goes by the wayside. There is a concept called community solar systems where there is one community array that virtually net meters to different accounts but you eeem to want to be the power company

Comment

Originally posted by peakbagger View Post
      Wow I hope you researched how your local utility is going to treat your proposed system? In my area anything more than 10 KW connected to the utility makes it very expensive to interconnect and net metering goes by the wayside. There is a concept called community solar systems where there is one community array that virtually net meters to different accounts but you eeem to want to be the power company
      That's the next step. Unless it changed, my power company allows credit sharing within one account. I'll make some calls to the power company. They do have limitation on the size of PVs per house but I'm not sure if that applies to all the PVs in the account.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxThisPower View Post

That's the next step. Unless it changed, my power company allows credit sharing within one account. I'll make some calls to the power company. They do have limitation on the size of PVs per house but I'm not sure if that applies to all the PVs in the account.
        There is also a concept with some utilities for virtual net metering and aggregate net metering but at least in the one I am familiar with in California the properties had to be contiguous.

Comment

I'm glad I listened you guys' advice on using PVWatts to calculate my PV generation. I thought that a 7.3kW system would generate 1,111kWh per month but turns out that's only for states in the south like California. Up north a 7.3kW will average out to 866kW per month.

Comment

Working...
          X