panel watt size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john.b View Post

J.P.M No offence taken, i know those dummies guide books are work a look, i didn't know they did one for solar so will have a look and pick one up. thank you
    You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by AzRoute66 View Post
      . The the panel is still producing the 9.5 amps, it is the charge controller that is converting the power into 25 amps.

Those watts/amps are coming out of the charge controller, not the panel.

No, you still don't quite have it. The controller will accept however much power from the panel that the battery and loads will accept from it. If your battery is close to fully charged, and light load, the controller will be providing minimal amps so drawing a minimal amount of amperage from the panel. If the battery/load is charging heavily, the controller will be taking as much power as possible from the panel, up to the panel maximum or the controller rated maximum, whichever is lower. So you can see, even if the array was capable of providing enough power to create ___ amps, the 80A controller will only take enough power to create 80 amps at 12 V.
      Thanks AzRout66, right i think i'm with you, so i can't over do it with panels and damage the controller ? and i won't get any more than 80A from the controller no matter how many pannels i have which is what i was kind of thinking when i bought it.

Take care
      john

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

The SMK looks like a true MPPT CC so you should be good to go.
        Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X