No announcement yet.

COLONOSCOPY .... The HUMOROUS Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i think about it, conscious sedation freaks me out a bit. It makes me want to have patients rights where a family member can observe the procedure. There are cases where doctors and dentists get caught doing things they shouldn't under general and sometimes conscious. I'm too sexy for that to not be the case.

A few days after the procedure, I always have these random flashbacks, or some times just the sounds (no visual) of what's going on. An extension of my last post about the self enema: one time I remember the nurse and doctor yelling at me "Mr. X, come on relax, don't fight it. Calm down. Put your arms down." I had my first prostate checkup a couple months back and it did not go well either. I guess I would make a poor homosexual male.

Comment

This thread has been more informative than I expected.

Way more.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
        This thread has been more informative than I expected.

Way more.
        Trust me you do not want to see anyone die from Colon Cancer. I have seen 3 people die from it. My two uncles who lied in a bed for 4 months in agony. The 3rd, my Father spared the family and himself from that with a head shot. I test every 3 years. Every time they find polyps and remove them.
        Last edited by Sunking; 02-16-2017, 05:48 PM.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
          Trust me you do not want to see anyone die from Colon Cancer. I have seen 3 people die from it. My two uncles who lied in a bed for 4 months in agony. The 3rd, my Father spared the family and himself from that with a head shot. I test every 3 years. Every time they find polyps and remove them.
          H.U.A. Been there.

Comment

I am on a three year schedule so have had around five. The prep has changed considerably over the years as my doc fine tunes it. Last one was not as bad as I was expecting and I asked the doc if the prep had worked and he said it had. I agree that you should have the procedure as early in the AM as possible because you will be famished.I'd also suggest you eat fairly light meals two days before: I think it makes the prep a bit easier. My doc uses propofol and I'm not aware of anything during the procedure. Since I also have Barrett's esophagus that requires a regular endoscopy, we're getting the two procedures synched so they can be done at the same time. Presumably not with the same probe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian S View Post
              I am on a three year schedule so have had around five. The prep has changed considerably over the years as my doc fine tunes it. Last one was not as bad as I was expecting and I asked the doc if the prep had worked and he said it had. I agree that you should have the procedure as early in the AM as possible because you will be famished.I'd also suggest you eat fairly light meals two days before: I think it makes the prep a bit easier. My doc uses propofol and I'm not aware of anything during the procedure. Since I also have Barrett's esophagus that requires a regular endoscopy, we're getting the two procedures synched so they can be done at the same time. Presumably not with the same probe.
              Hey Ian: Me too on the Barrett's. I figured they meet at the halfway point, shake hands and trade batons. Nice being a two input guy huh ?

Still more to learn I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

Hey Ian: Me too on the Barrett's. I figured they meet at the halfway point, shake hands and trade batons. Nice being a two input guy huh ?

Still more to learn I guess.
                Hi J.P.M. Well, at least we know what we've got and can monitor it. While Barrett's dramatically increases our risk of developing esophageal cancer, with monitoring, we're far more likely to catch anything early enough to treat. I know two people who had that cancer and it's a miserable one. One lasted several years, the other was gone in a little over six months. Like I preach to folks about getting a colonsocopy, I now preach about not putting up with frequent heartburn and/or GERD. Get it checked out and treated. You may even be able to eliminate it with lifestyle changes but if not, there are good cheap meds that will help deal with it.

Comment

Hi J.P.M. Well, at least we know what we've got and can monitor it. While Barrett's dramatically increases our risk of developing esophageal cancer, with monitoring, we're far more likely to catch anything early enough to treat. I know two people who had that cancer and it's a miserable one. One lasted several years, the other was gone in a little over six months. Like I preach to folks about getting a colonsocopy, I now preach about not putting up with frequent heartburn and/or GERD. Get it checked out and treated. You may even be able to eliminate it with lifestyle changes but if not, there are good cheap meds that will help deal with it.
                  Understood & agreed.

Thank you.

Comment

I now preach about not putting up with frequent heartburn and/or GERD. Get it checked out and treated. You may even be able to eliminate it with lifestyle changes but if not, there are good cheap meds that will help deal with it.
                    Yes sir GERD went away when I quit drinking.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Presumably not with the same probe.
                      Don't tell your wife that.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
                      X