Off grid, tax credit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starmie View Post
    While grid connected homes now have a 30% tax rebate on all new solar installations in the recent Bailout Bill, off-grid homes are harder to finance. There is no cap on the size of the solar installation so wealthy grid-tied homeowners will receive the biggest subsidy.
    I think, all solar power installs are eligible for the tax rebate, both grid-tied and off-grid systems. I am not familiar with any 'bailout bill' connected to solar power.

Banks want a home to be fully up-to-code and to pass inspections, there is nothing about an off-grid home that should make it any different to get financing.

There is no limit to how big an off-grid install can be.

What other 'subsidy' are you talking about?

4400w, Midnite Classic 150 charge-controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Starmie View Post
      While grid connected homes now have a 30% tax rebate on all new solar installations in the recent Bailout Bill, off-grid homes are harder to finance. There is no cap on the size of the solar installation so wealthy grid-tied homeowners will receive the biggest subsidy.
      I am unaware of anything called a Bailout Bill that would hurt off-grid homes.

So based on this post and a few of your others that had links attached I would be very careful in making any statements that are incorrect or misleading concerning the solar industry.

Comment

Working...
      X