Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boogie
    • May 2013

Originally posted by Jason
    I want to know your thoughts about Solar Panel Talk, whether it be negative or positive.

Please send an email to feedback [at] solarpaneltalk.com or click on the "contact" link right under the solarpaneltalk logo.

This feedback is crucial for building the best possible Solar Energy community.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

**Please DO NOT email with solar questions. They will go unanswered. All solar questions must be posted on the forum for everyone's benefit. Thank you.
    Positive. Always new conversation.

Comment

• chivy6
      • Jun 2013

First day, but friendly atmosphere, great info and very little spam. Great job. I will comment again once I am more familiar and had a chance to interact more.
      Keep up the great work - took me a while to find a solar forum like this - and it looks like I found the best one!
      D

Comment

• Prateek0511
        • May 2014

I think solar panels are good as they are based on renewable energy resource i.e sun. Although initial set up cost is quite high, but have easy maintenance.

Comment

• Frank45
          • Jun 2014

I found it very helpful, because I was searching for a solar calculator and I have found it in my search on this forum. So really this is very helpful for me. Thank you very much!

Comment

• bhvm
            • Jun 2014

may I suggest that a REVIEWS section be added to the forum.
            It will hold user reviews of Things like charge controllers,Panels, Cables, batteries and all related to Solar energy. Kindly do the needful.

Comment

• russ
              Solar Fanatic
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by bhvm
              may I suggest that a REVIEWS section be added to the forum.
              It will hold user reviews of Things like charge controllers,Panels, Cables, batteries and all related to Solar energy. Kindly do the needful.
              I like the Indian way to give an instruction - kindly do the needful.

We are not interested in a rating system - too many brands/types/models and we would have to rely on people that don't know their backside from a hole in the ground for ratings?
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• bhvm
                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by russ
                I like the Indian way to give an instruction - kindly do the needful.

We are not interested in a rating system - too many brands/types/models and we would have to rely on people that don't know their backside from a hole in the ground for ratings?
                I'm not talking about ratings.
                a dedicated reviews section where people can voice their opinions about products. forum members will he able to take better decisions watching reviews.

Comment

• russ
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Jul 2009

I'm not talking about ratings.
                  a dedicated reviews section where people can voice their opinions about products. forum members will he able to take better decisions watching reviews.
                  Same statement for reviews - the site would be using the evaluations of people that often have no idea.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• bhvm
                    • Jun 2014

Same statement for reviews - the site would be using the evaluations of people that often have no idea.
                    I feel it's wrong to under estimate someone. atleast our forum will generate more credible reviews than some random teenager who picked up some panels and put a video on YouTube.

most forums come with review section these days.

Comment

• Shockah
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Nov 2013

.... at least our forum will generate more credible reviews than some random teenager who picked up some panels and put a video on YouTube.

Truth,,, there is some value in a "review" section... if emotions are kept out.

I recently had an experience with Renogy that contradicted my previous boasting about the company.
                      I felt inclined to post an honest "review" , and did so by starting a thread in the General Discussion forum.
                      [CENTER]SunLight @ Night[/CENTER]

Comment

• bhvm
                        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Shockah
                        Truth,,, there is some value in a "review" section... if emotions are kept out.

I recently had an experience with Renogy that contradicted my previous boasting about the company.
                        I felt inclined to post an honest "review" , and did so by starting a thread in the General Discussion forum.
                        that was a good move. however dedicated reviews section meanz that painstakingly written reviews won't sink in general blabber.

btw, I couldn't find your review.

Comment

• russ
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Jul 2009

I feel it's wrong to under estimate someone. atleast our forum will generate more credible reviews than some random teenager who picked up some panels and put a video on YouTube.

You have already said you are limited to brands no one here knows about I believe.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• bhvm
                            • Jun 2014

You have already said you are limited to brands no one here knows about I believe.
                            it's not about Me or someone else. the reviews section will be useful to all members of the forum, I believe.

Comment

• inetdog
                              Super Moderator
                              • May 2012

it's not about Me or someone else. the reviews section will be useful to all members of the forum, I believe.
                              The problem with a review section is that there would have to be a way for the community to judge the reliability of whoever was writing the reviews.
                              Some forums, like Candlepower.org, have reviews which are either done by well established reviewers or are about items that many members are directly familiar with and so there is a healthy back and forth about the usefulness and accuracy of the reviews.
                              I do not think we have the environment here to support that sort of reviews, at least not in a Review section that would carry implicit endorsement from the Forum.
                              Maybe eventually, yes.
                              SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• rug_burn
                                • Jun 2014

I'd call this forum very useful, although I agree with some that there is a slightly dogmatic kind of orthodoxy about what is understood to be the forum-way-of-doing-things, and this may be perceived as intimidation to the electronic newbies. There is an incredible influx of newbies here, so perhaps that is what contributes to it. It's hard to let go of one's dearly held misinformation...

Comment

Working...