Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CessnaTPA
    • Jul 2017

Originally posted by J.P.M.

Just my opinion. How good it is as advice will only show up in the results. FWIW, I wouldn't pay for any engineering services until I got the design/calcs./drawings all signed off by the AHJ. Just sayin'. Lots of folks say they can help. I'd pay for results more than promises.
    That's my catch 22, the AHJ said they won't sign off on my plans unless it has a PE wet stamp.

Comment

• ButchDeal
      Solar Fanatic
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by CessnaTPA

That's my catch 22, the AHJ said they won't sign off on my plans unless it has a PE wet stamp.
      He is saying to make payment for stamp, conditional on approval
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by ButchDeal

He is saying to make payment for stamp, conditional on approval
        Well, yea. Maybe a good faith retainer of 10 % or , say, $250 up front or some nominal sum, but no payment of final invoice until you get an approved design. If the designer really is a P.E., and true to the word "helping", payment on approved design shouldn't be a problem. If the engineer really is experienced, an up front not to exceed price is also common so you don't get completely stiffed.

Everything's negotiable, but if those conditions are problems, that would set off some bells to my way of seeing it.

Comment

Working...