energy saving tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
    Is that what they put into a GEL battery?
    I always wondered about that!
    I thought everyone knew that! Didn't you see the alternatives when buying? Raspberry, cherry etc?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

As the Red Queen said to Alice:
      Jam yesterday, jam tomorrow, never jam today.
      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Saving energy is one of the most important things for me and my husband. We have made decision a few years ago to buy only energy-efficient products in order to cut some costs, but also to protect our environment. We started with this condensation dryer mostly because it`s energy star qualified: https://www.appliancesconnection.com...tg86401uc.html I didn`t even know that greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants is caused mostly by the inefficient use of energy. Living a eco-friendly lifestyle has to start with ourselves and it doesn`t matter if we start with the some basic habits such as turning the water off when brushing teeth, shaving or washing hands. Good advice is also to unplug unused electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by lady_sophiass View Post
          Saving energy is one of the most important things for me and my husband. We have made decision a few years ago to buy only energy-efficient products in order to cut some costs, but also to protect our environment. We started with this condensation dryer mostly because it`s energy star qualified: https://www.appliancesconnection.com...tg86401uc.html I didn`t even know that greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants is caused mostly by the inefficient use of energy. Living a eco-friendly lifestyle has to start with ourselves and it doesn`t matter if we start with the some basic habits such as turning the water off when brushing teeth, shaving or washing hands. Good advice is also to unplug unused electronics.
          I would think that a true evaporative solar clothes dryer would be a more cost effective method than using low entropy and expensive electricity for such a simple task as drying clothes. Matching the energy source to the task as much as possible gives a head start to the conservation game. At least use natural gas. Drying clothes with electricity is like killing flies with a howitzer.

Isn't this thread a bit old to be posting to ?

Comment

If you don't mind the rubbish, plant some clumping bamboo!! grows very, very fast, sounds nice when it's windy, and can grow VERY tall.

Comment

Originally posted by camilo View Post
              If you don't mind the rubbish, plant some clumping bamboo!! grows very, very fast, sounds nice when it's windy, and can grow VERY tall.
              invasive species are rarely the answer...
              OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

invasive species are rarely the answer...
                clumping bamboo is not invasive.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

I would think that a true evaporative solar clothes dryer would be a more cost effective method
                  than using low entropy and expensive electricity for such a simple task as drying clothes.
                  Matching the energy source to the task as much as possible gives a head start to the
                  conservation game. At least use natural gas. Drying clothes with electricity is like killing flies
                  with a howitzer.

Isn't this thread a bit old to be posting to ?
                  Seems like, we had the conversation about not venting a clothes dryer some time back, with the
                  conclusion it did not actually work. Now this unit has gone and done it. My own complaint was
                  that so much hot air went out the vent, much of it when not even running. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
                  X